Duff Wonders Why She's Not On the Radio

6/15/2006 11:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Teen queen Hilary Duff does sell a fair number of records, but she seems a bit miffed that she doesn't hear herself enough on the radio. Duff told Elle Magazine: "I feel like I do so much. And it strikes me that I don't hear myself on the radio. That critics don't really talk about my music. I mean, a song like 'Wake Up' is not for a 50-year-old man with arthritis who doesn't want to get out of bed."

I'm not sure why Hilary doesn't get more airplay, but I do know that insulting the radio people isn't a step in the right direction. Of course, if her masses of fans simply call in to request her songs the radio would surely play them, right? Isn't that how it works?

crystal

she is so skinny now she looks grose. Maybe if she loses the anorexic look, she would attract more fans

Helldorado

She needs to just settle down. Back in the day they didn't play Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden or Led Zeppelin on the radio either. Did it hurt their career? Not one bit. Not to mention that there are millions of other musicians who work just as hard, if not harder than Ms. Duff and they NEVER hear their music on the radio, see their face on Disney Channel or on the TV pushing some brand my Minty-Gum. Ms Duff needs to stop acting like a spoiled brat and just enjoy what level of fame she has achieved and appreciate the fact that millions of other VERY talented musicians will never know that same level.

HLM

I agree with the other poster, her music is childish. And it sucks. The way she carries herself, it's no wonder no one wants to play her music. The stations are too busy talking smack about them.

Too childish.

Example: What she said about her b/f growing up in the ghetto. (lol)
Example: When she was on TRL with her sister.

kate

I used to think that she was okay until she started getting too thin, and braggy and so bratty. I used to be a big fan

patrick p aka elfkar

I think Hilary is a great all around performer and very talented. and whoever says she is a spoiled brt is wrong and needs to fall back and regroup there thinking. she trys hard to get where she is and deservesd to be great

she is also a dear freind

she does deserve to have her songs played on the radio and wherever else.
she is a superstar and has a beutiful voice. and so what if her songs are kid types? that means she has good family values and her music is wholesome.

she should not have to change for anyone. her music fits into the family core and thats how it should be. and that helps make her a darn good performer and should win some awards weither it be the grammys or whatever she needs to win and i will always support her , and be n my mission untill she does win.

patrick aol im elfker1 elfkar2001@yahoo.com

patrick p aka elfkar

oh and another thing, Hilary looks good no matter what and she has what it takes to be beutiful isuide where it really counts. yes she is very retty but shouldnt her true fans be seeing what she has inside where it really matters? she is a loving caring person with good family values, ansd i am proud to have her as my freind too.

Patrick elfkar2001@yahoo.com aol elfker1

Harley

She wonders why her so called music is not on the radio ?BECOUSE IT SUCKS ,she considers her self an artist ?

mike

Hilary was hot! but sence she started to work out she lost weight big deal. she's skinny i know alot of people that are skin and bones that do eat and work out and never gain weight. beside she has * great *pics with her being skinny
She works hard to get peolpe to like her. I like her some of her music that sould on the air waves. so as long as she keep trying i'll give her props on the work she's done.
she 18 out of with strong morals
dealing with too childish ---- SHE WAS ON THE DISNEY CHANNEL FOR AWHILE
so give her time and i'm sure she'll get bigger and better.
Like Zoey Smith said... ROCK ON HILARY!

mdrps15@aol.com

BRITTANY

hey not tryin to be mean but hilary i us to like you but you remind me of a younger brittany spears the way u act

SO

I HATE YOU HILARY!! YOU SUCK !!! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE SOMEONE YOU'RE NOT!! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE FAMOUS, YOUR ACTING SUCKS AND SINGING, WHO WOULD KNOW YOU LIP EVERY PERFORMANCE!! YOU HAVE NO TALENT..THATS WHY YOUR SONGS ARENT PLAYED AND THATS WHY YOU NEVER HAVE HIT MOVIES!! PEOPLE JUST FEEL SORRY FOR YOU!!! SO WHY DONT YOU DO US ALL A FAVOR, QUIT THE BUSINESS AND EAT SOME FOOD!!! FREAK!!! YOU SAY "OH I STOPPED EATING FRENCH FRIES" MY A$$!!! YOU WENT ANOREXIC BECAUSE JOEL WAS GETTING BOOTY FROM PEOPLE PRETTIER THAN YOU!!! SO STOP TRYING TO FAKE EVERYONE OUT!! I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WASTE THEIR $$ ON YOU, YOU ARE A FAKE!!!

mckenna

Hilary Duff, a good all American girl right? Wrong!

Her attitude is so fake, it makes me twinge every time I hear her voice, her little fake, happy, squeaky voice.

Don't get me wrong, I know she has worked up from her Disney days.

But all she is ever going to be is a teeny bopper bubble gum pop singer. Material Girls, who most likely saw that movie? Twelve year old girls with their moms surely?

Personally, I can't get past the alarming size her teeth have 'grown' to or the amount of extentions.

Tori

Hilary is an awesome singer! She deserves her songs being played on the radio. There all great! I think the radio just wants to put really big stars on the radio so they can get good reviews and stuff. But I agree with Hilary, it's unfair and rude!!!!

Rawr

She is on the radio.....RADIO DISNEY.

Her music is very "poppy" and childish so people don't take her seriously. I'm soo tired of her complaining! 2 years ago, she was complaining about how she didn't have a boyfriend, she was also complaining about how Lindsay Lohan stole her boyfriend (even thought the BOTH didn't know they were getting played) and now she's complaining about this! She really needs to stop complaining and suck it up! Hollywood records usually signs people who they think is good FOR CHILDREN (so if she didnt want to do that type of music why did she sign with them?). And her movies and generally targeted toward a youndger audience so if they see her album then they want it because they like her movies as opposed to older teens who watch other ,more mature, movies. The only real reason shes saying stuff about Lindsay Lohan is because she is jealous. Lindsay is doing stuff like "Chapter 27" (The movie about the murder of John Lennon) and "Bobby" (Which is about Robert Kennedy) and working with real hollywood legends (like Meryl Streep) and Hilary is stuck doing stuff like "Cheaper by the Dozen" and "Raise Your Voice" (which is a knock-off of Britney Spears' book). And her wannabe rock style isn't really helping. Her putting on dark wigs (and dying it later) and dressing in all black isn't winning her more fans, its making her lose them.

I'm not hating on her, it's just that I hate how she always complains about how bad her life is when her life is pretty good compared to other people.

Oh and about her music being "wholesome"...
"Dont spit on me and shame yourself
Because you wish you were someone else
You look so clean but you spread your dirt"

That dosen't sound so wholesome now does it?