Stolen Photos of Pitt/Jolie Baby Shower

6/25/2006 6:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brad Pitt, Angelina JolieLawyers for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have sent an email to various media outlets, including TMZ, informing them that "a digital memory card containing a number of personal copyright protected photographs" of Brad, Angelina and their children have been stolen and offered for sale.

The photos, taken in Namibia, "include images from a private baby shower."

The email, written by a lawyer for the powerhouse law firm of Lavely & Singer, threatens that anyone who publishes the photos "will be liable for substantial compensatory damages, punitive damages, and injunctive relief."

Click here to read the lawyer's demand letter.

Lance K.

They do not pimp out there kids. Some of you are really taking your personal dislike (though you don't know them personal) pretty far. They are jading your thoughts

Lance K.

I really hope they catch the perpertrator (think I killed the spellign on that one)

Lance K.

Whether you make your living in the public eye or not there are boundaries that should not be crossed. Theft is never and should never be condoned

Lance K.

You know I was thinking of how we all would like to be successful when it comes to money but darn your legal fees are high.

Cindy

This is for "Bob Fraser".......they do not need to file for copyright protection. The moment a photograph is taken, the person who took the photograph immediately OWNS the copyright to said photo. Unless a signed contract stating otherwise is in effect. Reasearch and learn before you post.

lisa

anthony, judy and bob fraser: the venom you people are spewing shows that you REALLY need to get a grip on yourselves. get a life! get therapy! whatever put you in that black hole you've sunk into needs to be addressed because that kind of hatred and sheer ignorance is self destructive. you people are timebombs ready to go off. sad...pathetic, really...

Lance K.

Tanisha, I agree not only if I had people climbing trees and what not but if I was even a neighbor or a friend but some of the people online are just so filled with hate they don't want to have empathy for anyone.

Lance K.

Cindy, thanks for that clarification. I know I was just figuring that whether it was copyrighted or not why condone a theft?

Lance K.

Don't know who said it but you're right. Theivery is so low. As far as some people trying to harp on and on about them selling the rights of other pictures. They have that right. Why should a criminal make money off of his crime and why should we say that is okay

Britney Sucks

Just after more money if you ask me. I am sick of these hollywood stars wanting to become famous and everyone to know their names and when they do, all the sudden they want privacy. Give me a freakin' break. I will sell my digital card of my kids to anyone who wants to buy !! They are cuter then brangelina's kid anyway!

Lance K.

Sandy Cheeks, you have that choice to sell it. The thing is that choice was taken from them. Would it be okay if someone STOLE pictures of you and your family and sold it. It has nothing to do with how cute or ugly they or their children is (which is an immature measure) but again is it right to steal and profit from the theft.

Lance K.

I am so confused when I read boards. Some people or saying that Mr. Pitt and Ms. Jolie are after more money? How is that. They now have to actually spend money on lawyers.

Britney Sucks

These people want everyone to see their faces when they are trying to make their millions then once they make their millions, they want privacy. Give me a freakin break. You can't have it both ways. Tha't why it's Hollywood. It's a lifestyle that makes you rich but their is a price you have to pay. You are a role model whether you like it or not. That's what Hollywood is all about. I 'm going to file a lawsuit that my digital camera card got stolen. Why won't I receive millions if my pictures are published? Because I am not famous that's why. That is the price they have to pay for making the sickening amount of money they make.

Jennifer Aniston

I stole the memory card. I need to finance my lifestyle

Lance K.

You know I truly hope that some of the tabloids will be forthcoming with any information they have. I hate to see bad guys/gals get away with it and if it was a "friend" lets sniff them out.

Its the same way I feel with some of these "sources" generated story. When a source believes in what they are saying they should have no problem with using their name. Other than that they are cowards who can always hide and not have to be bothered with the TRUTH