Stolen Photos of Pitt/Jolie Baby Shower

6/25/2006 6:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brad Pitt, Angelina JolieLawyers for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have sent an email to various media outlets, including TMZ, informing them that "a digital memory card containing a number of personal copyright protected photographs" of Brad, Angelina and their children have been stolen and offered for sale.

The photos, taken in Namibia, "include images from a private baby shower."

The email, written by a lawyer for the powerhouse law firm of Lavely & Singer, threatens that anyone who publishes the photos "will be liable for substantial compensatory damages, punitive damages, and injunctive relief."

Click here to read the lawyer's demand letter.

Jenn

Well if they weren't celebrities then they wouldn't be in the spotlight, would they? They chose this life, they have to live with it, eventhough it means that their privacy gets invaded from time to time. They can't really press charges because they brought this on themselves. Every single last celebrity brought this one on themselves so I don't feel a DAMN bit sorry for any of them and neither do I envy the life they have....

Pili

Brad is a perv and Angelina is a 'ho'. They are perfect for each other. I feel sorry for the kids that they adopted and the new one they brought to the world. It's really stupid that everyone is focusing on these two losers.

Jenn

Well all I have to say is that they brought this on themselves by becoming famous or being born into a family of stars. Yeah, they may have the right to privacy, but that became a privelege when they became famous and rich. I do NOT envy the lifestyle they live. Yeah they have a lot of money, so what! What does that get you except maybe a mansion in Malibu and trips around the world to get away from the papparazzi. I'd rather be a mediocre Navy wife than some sorry excuse for a celebrity who can't keep herself and her kids out of the public's eye.

Lance K.

Careful bitter people you're showing your ignorance

Lance K.

I remember when my mom's purse was stolen she always regretted losing the pictures of us (there was 6 of us kids and she was able to love us all) Anyway, I hate that they've lost some memories and hope that they will be able to recover them

Anyway, here's to even better memories for them.

Lance K.

Dang...just goes to show nothing is sacred in the US society when it comes to money

Lance K.

Wow...pure ignorance

"they brought that on themselves by being born into a family of stars"

Since when has a person been able to determine where they are born or even how?

THINK PEOPLE

Lance K.

Wow I would hate to live a life where I have to worry about my friends making money off of me. But you know you don't have to be rich to be betrayed by a friend

Lance K.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. It is just sad that some of these opinions seem so spiteful.

Lance K.

Can't trust anyone...

Actually that would be living life cynically but dang it just seems that sometimes WHO CAN YOU TRUST

carmen

i agree with comment 3 i dont believe they look "happy together" and what chemistry? its a passing fascination not 'true love'.

lilla tilghman

Angelina seems not like a MOTHER ,BUT A BABY COLLECTOR. What is her motivation? Its reported from africa that "zahara couldt stop crying"-i can see why,shes landed a troubled couple as her adoptive parents.I feel a bit sorry for those kids-including the newborn-as her mom gave no more than a few weeks before anouncing a new aquisition.Take care of the children you have and quit trying to appear saintly-shes unstable.and needs help.

In the know

I had a chance to download the photos at a site I belong to,and I chose not too.

No matter how rich and famous you are no one should have to go through the nonsense the Pitt-Jolie family go through.

I wish them all the best in dealing with the idiots of the world.

mell

As protected as those people are, how would anyone get close enough to steal anything from them. They knew before they decided to become movie stars that if they made it in the big leagues, they would be constantly in the public eye. That's what they wanted and to pretend it's not exactly what they wanted is evidence of their great acting skills!! These famous people want to make all the money off the common man buying movie tickets and what-not, but when it comes to pictures the papparazzi take that they don't get $$ off of, they want to sue the reporters for letting us common folk see their pics.

MickeyFox

Isn't it the price you pay for fame?

After all didn't Angelina say herself "What we make is stupid".