George Clooney Hooks Up With Elvis' Ex

6/27/2006 9:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Exclusive: Linda Thompson and George Clooney
Love was in the air in Lake Como, Italy, last week, when George Clooney was spotted romancing lyricist Linda Thompson, the longtime live-in love of Elvis Presley.

Sources tell TMZ the couple was spotted dining late into the evening with friends at the swanky Villa D'Este resort. The next day, 'Captain' George took Thompson, the ex of Olympian Bruce Jenner and songwriter David Foster, on a sunset boat ride around Lake Como. We're told Thompson stayed the night at Clooney's villa and left the next morning.

Clooney has been a busy man of late. Last week, he was sharing a motorcycle seat with on-and-off girlfriend Krista Allen.

Carrie

BORING! BORING! BORING! Who really gives a s*** !

BJW

Hay #14 Rock Hudson was also married.that means nothing.

Cyndi

I've watched over the years, George Clooney, progress both as a human being and as an artist. I belive he has grown in both areas. He has many good qualities but doesn't really get the press out about those. He has also grown as an artist, by his directing pictures and making his acting look effortlessly, like the stars of the golden years of Hollywood; e.g., Spencer Tracy. So, he dates a bit and proclaims he doesn't want to get married again, so what? Lots of men say that to themselves but still play the field and use women. At least, George is up front about this to his dates/girlfriends that he's not interested in getting married again. Also, he likes to hang out with his buddies, because that's a "guy thing." The male-bonding experience has been around for centuries. Stop picking on the guy and let him live his life!

George if you ever want to go out, please let me know!

DWS

1st of all George Clooney, is a good looking man and when I see older men with younger women I question the father figure in her life and the daughter daddy never had trying to recap his youth. If he does whoa!! I think for the most part people are just human and act and behaive out of instinctive primal urges. It's good to see someone confident enough to be seen with someone in their own age group and not giving a damn what you or I think or feel!!

Jamie Lombardi

He seems to be a nice fellow. Does anyone but his closest friends really know? It's strange how each of us has a need to express ourselves over subjects that don't matter much. We need and crave a public forum to spew our wicked wit, opinions, pinings, etc. I am repulsed and impressed all at once. I thought I might ignore this board, bu I couldn't help myself. To top it off, it has nothing to do with George Clooney because, I don't know him. So, this is about me. I suspect that of all of these posts. It's fun just the same!

Jimmy

Why do we continue to pick on people who seem to have it all ? George is a very talented artist, who's been very successful and is now enjoying the fruits of that success. Good for him. No one knows the trouble he faces every day, especially from people who hound him because he looks so much like me.

Sandy Shore

Are you kidding?? George Clooney is gorgeous and terribly sexy! And I also think he could do better than Linda Thompson. She used to be quite attractive and probably still could be if she'd lay off the botox.

BRUNO

WELL I THINK HE CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT ..
HE IS PROBABLY GAY AND THESE GIRLS ARE ALL FRIENDS TO COVER UP FOR HIM , LIKE TOM CRUISE.......

clj

The only reason that I am even looking at this AOL news breif is because of "Linda", ex of Elvis. She showed a lot of grace after his death, and respected him personally, and never slammed him nor any of his faults.
Now George is simply George...an over paid hollywood actor that pretends to be other people while acting, paid ridiculous sums of money for the motion picture industry, and yet does nothing of notice with those sums of money or at least of notice, to help mankind.
He can party on...while the rest of us give to our charities with the little funds that we have left after paying the bills. He is just an actor.PERIOD.

Jeffrey J. Hughes

George, must really like the old ones. He thinks he is so much better than everone else, most super smart and super hot women like someone that is not as cocky as he is. Jeff

Belinda

DITTO GolfGirlRobin !!!

Stephen

I have had the benefit of meeting the man. Well, I was his chauffeur for the night. At all times he was very respectfull, and decent. I have driven many celeberties over the years, very few were as good as Mr. Clooney.

ThetattedGirl

#14, So Funny, You tell Him! LOL, as if you all have nothing better to do

Kevin

Hey, I think they both look good. You don't have to be 21 and brainless to be attractive, sexy, or hot.

SheShe

LINDA THOMPSON (Jenner Foster)?!?!?!? She's 10 years older than George and has had SO MUCH plastic surgery tat she looks HORRIBLE!!!! Lyricist??? Talk about riding on men's coattails!!!!!!! Does this woman do ANYTHING on her own without depending on sleeping with rich men???