George Clooney Hooks Up With Elvis' Ex

6/27/2006 9:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Exclusive: Linda Thompson and George Clooney
Love was in the air in Lake Como, Italy, last week, when George Clooney was spotted romancing lyricist Linda Thompson, the longtime live-in love of Elvis Presley.

Sources tell TMZ the couple was spotted dining late into the evening with friends at the swanky Villa D'Este resort. The next day, 'Captain' George took Thompson, the ex of Olympian Bruce Jenner and songwriter David Foster, on a sunset boat ride around Lake Como. We're told Thompson stayed the night at Clooney's villa and left the next morning.

Clooney has been a busy man of late. Last week, he was sharing a motorcycle seat with on-and-off girlfriend Krista Allen.

Lynn

To #15: Get off your soapbox already. This started as a post about George Clooney and Elvis's ex - boring enough. No one asked for you to turn it into a liberal agenda with your government bashing and ranting and raving like some Capitol Hill wannabe. Leave the politics out of it -- no one cares about your opinion.

maura

Re: # 92.....Go Lynn, my sentiments exactly...................

jeanne driscoll

george clooney was disasterously married to the daughter of the actor, martin balsam. he mistreated her so terribly, it took her o long time to get over the wounds. what surprises me, is that a wife beater and gay man like him, was allowed to rise in the film industry i the first place???? what happened to all those liberal do-gooders????

Lisa

Who cares who he sleeps with. This is why George isn't married. He has the right to do as he pleases.

redonthehead

I only have to say one thing...WHO CARES WHO HE DATES? DANG!

Annie Lindgren

#15? Right ON.. he's wonderful.. great actor.. great performances.. on the screen, of course.. I know about "nuthin' else". I'm just an ole Grandma. who would "any day of the wk".. go to .. well.. Lunch maybe?? he's wonderful.. don't bash my George... get a life!!! (& he IS handsome as "all get out".. as we used to say in the 40's.. wow.. I'll quit now..!!) & p.s. his Aunt Rosie was wonderful too.. could she ever sing??

bev

George is njoying his life. This guy has looks, charm, money and intelligence. Why shouldn't he date whomever he wants. Because someone stay at his home does not mean anything romantic is going on.

Give the guy a break

Anonymous

He cool he good looking! Me want him!

Mary Ann

This is for #10. In Rock Hudson's days, being homosexual was a no no. Today with rag mags and sensationalism, don't you believe that some one of the paparazzi and nosey reporters would have found out if the gorgeous GC is gay. My vote is he is NOT. He drinks, so what. He sees few women, so what. Give this great American benefit of the doubt, leave him alone.

Fran

He's the most handsome actor in Hollywood with those marvelous dark Irish looks. I'm 73, but if I were 40 years younger, I'd be writing mash letters to George.
I am a republican, watch O'Reilly religiously, think Ann Coulter has it right and isn't afraid to tell it as it is. If George wants to be a liberal democrat or a communist, an Al Gore and/or Clinton follower, whatever, he has the same rights as the rest of us. Leave the man alone. Just enjoy his acting, writing and directing. I pay my money for him to entertain me, and that's all anybody should expect as well.

BonBon

Yikes! I took one look at Clooney's pic and seriously thought it was Taylor Hicks!
it was pretty obvious that the OTHER women in Elvis' life (Priscilla and Lisa Marie) A-D-O-R-E-D Taylor Hicks.

Carmen

hey if he works hard at what he's good at " GOOD 4 GEORGE..".....I agree with no#15 he does more then any actor /actress i know of. let him pick who he wants to spend his money/ time with. to me george clooney deserves to b king 4 a day.............Cause there is only one 'KING' AND HIS NAME IS" ELVIS"

Denise

THIS BUSINESS IS ALL ABOUT PERCEPTION-PLAIN AND SIMPLE.IN DEFENSE OF "EX-"PRESLEY,JENNER AND NOW MOGUL RECORD PRODUCER DAVID FOSTER , LINDA IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL AND GIFTED SONGWRITER . PERHAPS, MR CLOONEY AND MISS TOMPSON WERE DISCUSSING AN UPCOMING FILM PROJECT IN THE PRIVACY OF HIS RESIDENCE INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH THE MEDIA FRENZY.

Audrey Rose

Finally, someone thinks like me, I t hink he is gay, yes he was married so what. This weekend was all for publicity. Dont you get it She said overnight, is this high school or what, when did you ever here of a star shagging up with someone for the night, I never did. Plus she is so old, and he is not in his 40's no way try 50's Then they linked him up with Teri Hatcher, now his ex girlfriend all an act . He tells everyone he likes to hang out with the guys, I think he goes for Pitt I dont like thinking like this but this is how I think it is

Denise

In defense of ex-Presley, Bruce Jenner and now record producer mogul David Foster, Linda Thompson is a very beautiful and gifted songwriter with several record and film credits to her name. Perhaps , Mr, Clooney and Miss Tompson chose to discuss one of his upcoming movie projects in the privacy of his residence instead of dealing with media frenzy.