Babwa Hate Star

6/28/2006 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Walters has hated Star Jones for a long time, and it has nothing to do with Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm told Barbara utterly turned on Star during the diva's wedding.  Walters was horrified by the freebies Star was getting and felt she was making "The View" look awful.

Barbara Walters and Star Jones

But it goes beyond all that.  For several years, I've heard that Barbara was fed up with Star acting like she was all that.  It's true, no one has a higher opinion of Star than herself.  I remember during the O.J. Simpson civil trial (her pre-gastric surgery days), when someone I know complimented her on her hairstyle.  Star's response:  "That's my Audrey Hepburn look."

Star has pissed off an awful lot of people in Hollywood who feel she treated them shabbily -- that, by the way is an extreme understatement.  It's no surprise that Barbara Walters ultimately turned on her.

The problem is, now Walters is starting to look really bad, publicly feuding with Jones.  She should follow her smart self and just shut up.  But she can't.  You see, that's how much she hates Star.

COMMENTS

Shirl

HIRE LINDA DANO...SHE IS WONDERFUL...

marlene

i used to like the VIEW BUT LATELY IT HAS GONE DOWN HILL.....HUH HUH AND IT WORST NOW THAT ROSIE IS COMING ON. YOU WONT SEE ME WATCHING THAT TRASH WITH ROSIE THEY HAVE LOSE IT.
IT USED TO HAVE A CLASS ACT WITH MEREDITH AND NOW THAT SHE IS GONE SO I AM TOO. AND OLE FASHION GIRL.
MARLENE

marlene

THE SHOW HAS GONE TO POT..
I WONT WATCH IT AGAIN WITH OUT MEREDITH. I CANT STAND WALTER OR STAR. BUT ROSIE IS NO GOOD EITHER.
GIVE ME JOY AND MERDITH AND I WILL WATCH WITH ONLY THEM.
GOD BLESS THE SHOW IT WILL NEED IT..

aileen

Star Jones became extremely confrontational and the phrase "mind your own business" was her favourite saying for a while. A bit much when she did so much prying into the lives of her various guests. Great, now she is gone. Rosie was wonderful on her own show, I'm sure she will be just as good on this one. Now it's time to say bye bye to Elizabeth "we'll be right back" Hasselbeck. She is hopeless and clueless and practically bursts to get an opinion in - all the while looking at the monitor to make sure the camera is capturing her dim comment. It's my own fault for watching, I should really get a life!!!

Kellie Ford

The show sucks. I think they should all be fired. Then for once they would all have something in common to talk about............shocker!
ABC: cancel "The View!"

Calheart

OH MY GOD! I am SO glad Star is finally leaving the show! Rosie will be GREAT! Star is so full of bull, she's hateful, rude to guests and just not a nice person. Good riddance! I'll actually buy a TV for the office just so I can catch the show while at work!

debbie grillo

Barbara made a big mistake hiring Rosie. Rosie is boring, loud and uses tv for her own agenda. The only reason Rosies show was a hit was because of the FREE giveaways! ABC if you're as smart a network as I think CANCEL THE VIEW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

DHS

The only thing that matters is 9/11 Truth . We are all doomed until then.

20 Minutes of Video every citizen should see:

911 Blogger:

Scholars for 911 Truth:

Veterans for 911 Truth:

Fredrick

Poor Star jones, she just forgot white folks own this world she just live in it, they gonna bring Rosie in for what, Another fat lesbian chick, Why they dont get some hot fem's to host the show more guys will watch the show then.

Catherine Moss

Star has always taken away from the show because she couldn't put her ego away for an hour each day. The current problem started some time ago when Star was not going to show up for work as a form of protest. She was informed that if she did not show up she would be in breach of her contract. So, she was in a snit after that for some time.

I won't even discuss her marriage fiasco.

Even though most thought it was not possible, her ego grew with each pound she lost. Who did she think she was kidding when, after ballooning to the size of an elephant, she started dropping all that weight rapidly and without any set backs. If she was such an honest Christian as she claims. Her, "You know me girls, I tell it like it is" mantra and then lying about her gastric bypass did not improve her stock with anyone.

Now, if they will just get rid of Elizabeth the show might survive.

Sandra Stone

I think Meredith left just in time and with more class than the rest of them combined. I won't watch any show with Rosie but feel that she fits with the other liberals on the show. I don't think Elizabeth fits either but is trying to do what she has to just to fit in and keep the set.

Grow up Barbara, have the class as Oprah has and use the show for more than just an hour to Gossip!!! There is so much more important things in the world going on and you have this platform but you waste it.

bigpoppa

I was going to make several valid points but this thread has totally gone downhill. Some idiot posting his/her own agenda abut 9/11, everyone saying they hate Rosie and won't watch but love Ellen (and Ellen has donated how much to charity???) and this idiot Fredrick above me...sigh...oh well.

Catherine Moss

Rosie won't kill the show. She will not be millitant on the air and the producers will keep her in tow. Whats going to do the show in is Elizabeth. With Meridith gone and Barbara so boring, Joy and Rosie will be the glue that holds it together. Now, if they dump Elizabeth (lets shed all the blood at once and quickly) the show might survive.

pat mclelland

Star's eyes have bugged out bigger this time because she was caught in a lie. Do any of you remember Star telling about the guest for the wedding. She said she had a drawing with her 20 something cousins to have one member of her cousins come to take the place of all the others. She said she had to do that because so many stars etc wanted seats so this was a way to free up some more seating. I have wondered if any of them came because if they did I feel sorry for them because you know Star played like she did not know them. I am so glad she is gone & I hope "E" wakes up before she can ruin thier specials.I also wonder how much she had to pay Al for a marriage that was a way to make her look like a BIG STAR. I bet if everyone stopped to think about things she has said that hurt people for nine years they would feel like I do.SO LONG NUT CASE

Christina Keffer

This is what happens to flaming liberals when they are not on enough medication.