Babwa Hate Star

6/28/2006 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Walters has hated Star Jones for a long time, and it has nothing to do with Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm told Barbara utterly turned on Star during the diva's wedding.  Walters was horrified by the freebies Star was getting and felt she was making "The View" look awful.

Barbara Walters and Star Jones

But it goes beyond all that.  For several years, I've heard that Barbara was fed up with Star acting like she was all that.  It's true, no one has a higher opinion of Star than herself.  I remember during the O.J. Simpson civil trial (her pre-gastric surgery days), when someone I know complimented her on her hairstyle.  Star's response:  "That's my Audrey Hepburn look."

Star has pissed off an awful lot of people in Hollywood who feel she treated them shabbily -- that, by the way is an extreme understatement.  It's no surprise that Barbara Walters ultimately turned on her.

The problem is, now Walters is starting to look really bad, publicly feuding with Jones.  She should follow her smart self and just shut up.  But she can't.  You see, that's how much she hates Star.

COMMENTS

terri battles

I truely like Star Jones Reanolds , she regognizes and appreciates all the good things she has acomplished. most of all she is thankful to God almighty, and that is what comes threw the airwaves. Star Jones radiates peace, harmony, and good will . The view has nothing to view now that the best link has made her exit. As for Star Jones Renolds, I believe she will have her own show soon, and simply move ahead to better and greater things, she has the one who counts, and whom she knows, on her side. Star, consider this a time to gather your thoughts and go forward. The view is a" has been " in my viewing. terri battles

terri battles

Chilicat

I have to say I think the way Star blind-sided the View with ehr announcement was typical of the All About Star metality! Her wedding was enough to make me YAK and to get FREEBIES, like she doesn't mkae enough money to pay for it all!! Try donanting the money you got in gifts to a charity rather then adding to your bank account!!! Then the big secret of how she lost weight is enough to make anyone hate her. What is the big deal, everyone who has had any kind of weight issues knows you can not lose that much weight that fast unless you have bypass surgery, get over yourself!!! I am glad she is gone and I think Barbara handled things great and with class, which she is all about! BRAVO to BW and the view for getting rid of the excess weight and Welcome Rosie!!!!

Kevin

Why does everyone keep harping on this chicks wedding and her personal life. Get over yourselves. It doesn't take a special person to think up something mean and nasty to say about someone else.

Margaret Harris

Please, Please, Please get rid of that racist , Elizabeth, who seems not to have any compassion for anyone.

Christine

Star did nothing unethical, immoral or distatesful about announcing her leaving The View. Even though I think Str had become self absorbed since her lawyer days, the petty comments made by Barbara Walters and the resulting disnissal are really all about power. And star is right, she hold her fate in her own hands. Star has had a rewarding career in television, and law before Barbara. Barbara is the one being propped up by her co-hosts on The View because she's really OLD NEWS. And since when is Rosie O'Donnell the American dream? Even when Rosie's show was popular, she was criticised for being fat, gay, loud, and one step above trailer trash. Is this now back in fashion?

bigbear

Who is star? and what is the view. I don't watch TV so i am not sure what the fuss is over, all i know is that whatever it is dosn't affect my paycheck and the way i live so i don't really care.

openmls

These squables are the reason why I don't even pay attention to tv any more, unless a movie is on.

mlsmexico

Also, I heard it was justa publiciy stunt to revive the show's sagging ratings.

Angelica Medel

I agree Star did change (and who wuoldn't have, she went thru some major changes), but BAWA should have "pulled her coat" and addressed the matter behind closed doors and offered some professional advise. The bottome line BAWA did not have her employees back!!!

Unfortunately, I am not a big view watcher and when I did watch, it was because of Star (and I am not black), she was more interesting. Joy is a trip, Meredith was ok, but not exciting, she was definetely not someone I would write home about, BAWA needs to retire and or be behind the scenes (dissapear), Elizabeth is cool and my standards won't allow me to watch Rosie. And who is Rosie the "FAT PATROL", who cares how Star lost her weight, I am just happy for her. And who said Star has to tell us all her details of her weight loss, she can take her merry time to tell us or not. Did we get angry because Rosie didn't tell us right away she was a homosexual...I don't think so. Good riddens to the view....

GLENNA MOORE

KEEP IT UP GIRLS...YAK YAK YAK....I HEARD YOU THIS MORNING MAKING REMARKS ABOUT 'A LAWYER' AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANT...I AM HAPPY BECAUSE NOW EVERYONE CAN LEAVE CLAY AIKEN ALONE AND TALK ABOUT BARBARA AND STARR. GOSSIP, GOSSIP, GOSSIP

Janet

I loved Star Reynolds! I thought she was the life of the show. I hated it when Lisa Ling left and I didn't like Meredith leaving. Star's leaving, I feel, is even worse. What is Barbara Walters trying to do? I don't think Rosie O'Donnell will be a good fit with the other women. I think she will try to take over the show because she used to having her own. She will not appreciate having to take direction from others, and her gay attitude will turn off a lot of viewers. I wish Barbara and Star would bury the hatchet. I don't feel Star took over the show with her wedding preparations. In fact, I assumed the network urged her to do it in order to raise the ratings. Star is not a primadonna. She is just highly opinionated which is why I loved the show. I will probably not watch after Rosie comes on.

Becky Francis

I certainly wont be watching the view ever ever again, they have treated Star very badly, Who is Babara Walters anyway? A woman that needs to get a life, she comes across as a lonely bitter woman. Can she remember what she was like at Star age? maybe not it seems many light years ago now! Rosie Who? She is the wrong person for the show, talk about ugly monster and swing for the other side!! Its wont last, it will all go wrong in the end. Star is a star and will surely land well on year feet, she has alot going for her, a fantastic figure, good looking husband, she is in love, a No 1 best seller, should i add more to the list? This is your time Star so SHINE. GOOD LUCK STAR, BEST OF LUCK STAR.

Patricia B

I am also sooo happy Star is off the show! She is the "most" self absorbed lady I have ever watched. When she was preparing her "elaborate" wedding , she acted like she was the only woman to ever get married. Such a diva. I am happy Rosie is coming on board . She at least will bring a new light and reality to the show-- Star, I hope you have a wonderful life with your new "younger" husband and pooch, and leave the television world to down to earth people.

Dee

Thank God Star is gone.

She was to wait until today to announce that she was leaving and the IDIOT was supposed to find another job. She had THREE MONTHS. How many months do most get when they are being let go?

Star EXTORTED freebies from people during her wedding mess to Gay-man Al Reynolds!

It embarrassed Barbara because these were Babs FRIENDS that Star was EXTORTING from. Babs gave her a chance to leave with a job, but who wants to hire a loud mouth boring extortionist like Star Jones?l

She probably is the unhappiest woman alive. She knew for 6 MONTHS that she was not being asked back. This was waaaaaaay before Meredith was asked to be on the Today Show and had nothing to do with Rosie.

Star is just trying to play the INJURED PARTY when she should have freakin' got another job.

Where did she work before? COURT TV!

Barbara was right to do what she did because Star LIED to EVERYONE!

Finally, I can watch The View again! Good luck Rosie! I will give you a chance unlike these tight a** people that hate you because of who you are.

Those that hate Rosie should watch Martha. She's more your speed!