Eminem Back in the Game

6/28/2006 5:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's been a lot of talk lately about Eminem being understandably down after the death of his friend and former D12 bandmate Proof.  But, if last night's appearance at the BET Awards is any indication, he's not down anymore. Indeed, he's right back on top.

Among the many great performances last night was an all-star rap ensemble led by Busta Rhymes. Busta was joined by Mary J. Blige, Lloyd Banks, Rah Digga and Missy Elliot for a blazing rendition of "Touch It."  The place was jumpin' with that much starpower on stage, but then exploded when Eminem elevated from inside of a van parked on stage.  Eminem showed no signs of rustiness, having not performed lately, as he lit up the stage and, in my opinion, stole the show.

It's good to see Shady back and, no doubt, Proof would be proud.

latrise

good for him. he should know that death is not a ending, it just a knew begining, for proof he did what he have to do, he was the angle on em shoulder who got him in the game. even thou he's gone in body he's soul is still here, pushing him to do what he needs to do, and forces on life and his kids again.

Diane

Glad to see E back, but no he didn't steal the show, Beyonce did! She deserved an award for her performance alone.

Jeff Davidson

Beyonce looked great, but I still have to stick to my guns that Eminem was the highlight.

Diane

She always looks great...I'm talking about her performance, her energy.

Eric T

EMINEM lights up any stage he touches! Eminem turns Platinum every artist he endorses! Eminem... I give props to you. the baddest freestyle rapper i've ever heard and (check your facts) THE #1 SELLING HIP HOP ARTIST TO EVER LIVE!

jeri bartlett

I LOVE YOU M YOU HAVE STOLE MY HART, I HAVE POSTERS ALL OVER MY HOUSE AND I AM 38 YEARS OLD I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH I WATCH EIGHT MILE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK I KNOW ALL THE LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

te

i have been wondering where eminem has been for a couple of months now. I think he is very intelligent and very deep. alot of people don't like his music but i appreciate it greatly. he is so in tune with his emotions and what better way to deal with them than in a song. i can't wait to here what his next cd is like. he's had a lot of hate and alot of anger in his last ones. but i think the next will be his best yet because there will be a lot of pain he is dealing with i'm sure. i'm looking forward to hearing his thoughts and feelings about his life as it is now. bring on m.

KIM LACCETTI

I'M 44 YEARS OLD AND HAVE LISTENED TO YOUR MUSIC BLASTING FROM MY KIDS BOOM BOXES AND NOW FROM THEIR CARS AS THEY LEAVE THE HOME. I FIND MYSELF LISTENING TO YOU ON THE RADIO WHEN I'M IN THE CAR SINGING TO YOUR MUSIC !! NOW THEY ARE GROWN AND MOVED ONTO THEIR OWN LIVES BUT I STILL PLAY YOUR MUSIC THEY HAVE LEFT DOWNLOADED ON MY COMP.YOU ROCK KID !! KEEP ON KEEPIN ON BECAUSE YOU SET THE STAGE FOR THE REST OF THE WHITE RAPPERS AND SINGLE FATHERS IN AMERICA !! AS I SAID BEFORE U ROCK KIDDO.

Debbie Fournier

hi Em, i have to also agree with Kim Laccetti you rock. I am also impressed with you in the aspects of being a single father and doing what you need to do in the raising of your daughter. may god bless you and Haley, i hope this is the correct spelling of your little girl.so enjoy your talent and the raising of your daughter. thank you for listening.

your fan from Ontario, Canada, debbie fournier

i am also a single parent at the age of 44

Stacy Zee

If I could meet just one superstar it would definately be Eminem. I don't have any idea what I would say to him, so I would probably just listen. He has a way of turning emotions into words, which is not only amazing but it is soo necessary. If more people could get in touch with T R U T H and have the balls to speak it I think this world would be a much better place. People say his rap is too violent too explicit too irreverent... Has anyone noticed the state of our world for f* sake it IS VIOLENT IRREVERENT AND DANGEROUS. That IS the truth. Keep speaking it.

Prissy12

Wow! only 9 posts on this, I guess people really care. This weak thread is evidence how screwed up the world is. If you go on anyone's else's thread you see mostly negative comments by people with no life and who are just jealous. However this woman bashing, crack head loving, multiple arrest sporting, cowardly midget is getting good responses. God help us all!

dark ninja

hey prissy your assesment is spot on .compare m's thread to 50 cent's and without a shadow of doubt u know what mean