Deb to Star -- What Goes Around Comes Around

6/29/2006 2:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star Jones & Debbie MatenopoulosDebbie Matenopoulos had a message for ex-friend Star Jones in an interview today, something along the lines of: Payback's a bitch.

The former "View" co-host appeared on Fox TV's "Good Day LA"  Friday morning, revealing that she and Star were extremely close, that is until Debbie got the boot in 1999.  She says that's when Star completely abandoned her.  "The thing that was most hurtful to me," said Debbie, "was that I thought that [she] was my friend, and then [she] was nowhere to be found."

As Debbie pointed out,  "It's called 'show business,' not show 'friends.'"

Debbie added that she wasn't upset about having to leave the show, saying she was told  that the show had to move "in a different direction," which is the equivalent of getting dumped and being told "It's me, not you."

Et tu, Star.

Brenna Martinez

I agree with Debbie. I seem to remember Star making snide remarks about Debbie on the show after she was let go. I did think "so how does it feel?" when all this got ugly. However, I do not agree with how Barbara Walters has handled this. She has been down right vindictive. Who knew that the old woman had it in her.I am by no means a Star fan. I do think she handled this in a very professional manor. I think Barbara should leave the show . I do not watch when she is on and I really won't know.

Pat

Star thought she was brilliant and played her cards thinking that there would be a ground swell to keep her on, why else would you blindside THE most respect woman in broadcasting and the the two people (BW and Bill) who made her (Star) an other than cable name, as well as her other "close personal friends" on the View - WRONG!

Maybe Star should look back in time and remember when the public still respected her - before she made a fool of her self with that wedding; three minutes after her 40th birthday when she stated that marriage wasn't the focus of her life anymore.

Don't boycott the View !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carmen

gee, stop all the drama and the whining and move on

never heard of a blessing in disguise.

gee, just stop the drama with the whining and move on to better things to come for all of you

Rebecca

Debbie..who? Star Who...? what happened? now you all lost me.... I have a full time job...and have to deal with a 14 year old...who thinks she knows more than I do ... do they want to trade places with me... ?

Stone

I totally commend Star Jones Reynolds on the way she went out. I think she has every right to tell her story and I do believe Barbara Walters knew a long time before she allowed Star to know and don't understand why now she is so bitter about the way Star handled it. She was fired! We all know it why not just say it. Star will rebound just fine I think. Barbara Walters needs to grow up and show some class. She has lost her edge! One hint: RETIREMENT

Susan Acree

If ABC thinks that people want to watch Rosie they are wrong. This woman is crude and she is vulgar. But if they think she is wonderful watch the ratings drop.

Abbie Steingaardt

Everyone should just take a deep breath... and let it go.
There are three sides to this story: Star's,ABC and the TRUTH.
NEXT !!!

Doris

I wish Star the very best. I've enjoyed watching The View, until now. Since Rosie is coming on the show I will no longer watch it. She is disgusting! And I'm very disappointed with Ms. Walters.

Denny Durham

I am another Debbie who!!!!! I think there is a lot of jealousy on on Debbies part and others. I could ask 100 people who Debbie is and maybe 2or3 would know.Everyone knows star is.As for Barbera Wawa she is is getting old and crabbie.

Warrene Snodgrass

I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHO DEBBIE IS. DO NOT REMEMBER HER. BOY, THE VIEW SURE TOSSES PEOPLE IN THE WATER AND BACK OUT OF THE WATER A LOT DON'T THEY. I KIND OF BET THAT IT IS BARBARA WALTERS YOU HAVE TO PLEASE TO STAY ON THE SHOW. MERIDITH WAS TOUGH AND MOVED ON TO BETTER THINGS. I THINK POSSIBLY STAR GOT THE DIVA MENTALITY AND BARBARA WALTERS IS THE DIVA OF THE VIEW. I THINK THAT IS IT IN A NUTSHELL.

wise guy

star jones a legend in her own mind. your mouth has been out of control for too long, they stapled your stomach, but there wasnt enough wire to staple that mouth....rosie isnt much better, but dont think she is a liar, and two faced as this falling star..unemployment line is full of your type....maybe you and oj can hang out more now, he cuts throats, and you cut yours.

Marion

I'm no fan of Star Jones, hate that she does not see the pain caused by wearing fur, find her VERY superficial...nonetheless, saw The View clip of her stating her intentions and after reading her contract was not being renewed, thought she had every right to feel the way she did. Come on...if you know you are getting the boot and felt comfortable with your personal situation...wouldn't you go out with a bang instead of a wimper?

girladvenger

I'm watching the Larry King right now....and Star is telling the truth about how ABC contacted the people. Star used her own money and People mag didn't pay anything for her wedding pictures...she loaned them to people. ABC is screwed by putting false info out to cover their lies. All Star did was tell the truth and Barbara and ABC have been the one lying and leaking stories to the tabloids. Star is a great lawyer and she keep saying all I did was tell the truth. Barbara is mad that Star went out her way and is smart enough to take care of herself.

She keep praising her mentor Barbara Walters and all the women of the View. ABC sent writtten statement...saying they wanted Star to lie and because she told the truth she is untrust worthy....Barbara credibility is shot. Star keep saying I told the truth, I'm not bitter and my credibility and faith could not let me lie. I think our viewers deserved the truth and now you saying that because I told the truth and left with class, have nothing but the greatest respect for my mentor Barbara Walters. Star is killing them with kindness.

anna

I am sorry to see Star go, but I am even sorry to see that cow Rosie come to the show. She has no class and the View will definatly go wayyyy down hill. I am glad Star did what she did that just let the guys in the office no that they cant tell everyone what to do and expect them to blindly follow. Star has her own self to worry about not the people at the view and shame on Babara who for 9 years has kissed Stars butt, then turned on her when she wasnt around. The View will definately be a different show. A CRAPPY ONE .

Archie

After Debbie left the view, MTV had her likeness inclaymation on Celebrity Deathmatch. I would say that is quite the tumble.