Deb to Star -- What Goes Around Comes Around

6/29/2006 2:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star Jones & Debbie MatenopoulosDebbie Matenopoulos had a message for ex-friend Star Jones in an interview today, something along the lines of: Payback's a bitch.

The former "View" co-host appeared on Fox TV's "Good Day LA"  Friday morning, revealing that she and Star were extremely close, that is until Debbie got the boot in 1999.  She says that's when Star completely abandoned her.  "The thing that was most hurtful to me," said Debbie, "was that I thought that [she] was my friend, and then [she] was nowhere to be found."

As Debbie pointed out,  "It's called 'show business,' not show 'friends.'"

Debbie added that she wasn't upset about having to leave the show, saying she was told  that the show had to move "in a different direction," which is the equivalent of getting dumped and being told "It's me, not you."

Et tu, Star.

RITA DI

BRAVO STAR!!!!!! YOU HELD YOUR HEAD HIGH AND FOLLOWED YOUR BELIEFS OF HONESTY. YOU WERE RIGHT TO LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN NOW AND NOT LET IT GET OUT LATER. I WILL ADMITT, I WAS NEVER A BIG FAN OF STARS BUT DO BELIEVE SHE IS TELLING THE TRUTH AND IF NOTHING ELSE BECOMES OF HER CELEBRITY, SHE WILL CARRY HONOR TO HER GRAVE!! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

MOM

I think Star is on meth or coke and TPTB @ ABC knew.

Anna

It's ashame that Star was let go from the view. I watched the larry king interview and was shocked to hear of the things rosie said about her!

GRANNYG3

IF I COULD BUY STAR FOR WHAT SHE IS WORTH AND SELL HER FOR SHE THINKS SHE IS WORTH I WOULD BE VERY RTICH

Peggy

I do not understand what the big deal is.Star Jones was let go ,fired, quit ,whatever.The point is she is gone. I think she made an idiot out of herself on her last show and the network did not want anymore of that foolishness so off she goes. I think the View will do fine without her

Dianna Larimore

Star was on the View for 9 years, why in the world would any show want that gay bitch over anyone is beyond me, Rosie is crude, and isn't a very nice person. I'll not watch the View again as long as that MAn Rosie is on the show.

Joanne

everyone seems to forget the name of the show is THE VIEW. Barbara and Star are entitled to theirs.... I love the show and hope it can stay on without Meredith and Star. As for Rosie, let's hope she has lightened up a little. look where her attitude got her...... off the air

theresa

I WISH THE BEST TO STAR. IT JUST GOES TO SHOW THE TRUE PERSON OF BARBARA WALTERS, SHE THINKS, I CAN FLIP THE STORY ANYWAY, I, WANT-NOT TRUE. I AM HAPPY MS. STAR IS STANDING UP FOR HERSELF!!!! YOU CAN'T GET AWAY WITH THIS ONE, BARBARA, WE SEE YOU FOR EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE, CON,CON,CON. AS FOR RESPECT, YOU'LL NEVER HAVE MINE BARBARA!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Kathy

My nephew talked about this when we learned Meredith was leaving. When they said that LOUDMOUTH Rosie O'Donnell was replacing her we both cringed at the thought (and not because she is a lesbian). The fact of the matter is that she is crass, has the morals of an alley cat and is just not someone I want to watch everyday. Sorry......Anyway, my nephew and I agreed that if Star left the show we were not going to watch it anymore. I love Elisabeth to death but Joy and Wa Wa get on my nerves and adding another opinionated b___h to the mix is just an accident waiting to happen. Barbara - you have KILLED the show. Believe me The View is going to go down the tube just like the rosie o'donnell show did. LOVE YOU STAR!!!!!

gail k

I just watched star jones on larry king. i was prepared to disbelieve whatever she had to say. but to my surprise she came off honest and sincere. and i have a total new respect for her.and wish her the best. what the execs at abc did was totally wrong and i expected barbra walters to have more class yhen she showed. a new fan of stars.

Katie

I enjoyed Star before she lost the weight. She was a team player then and fun. But after her amazing weight loss,( and I congratulate her for it no matter how she did it,) she became pretty self centered, and frankly I am amazed someone did not strangle her months ago.

CJ

If you ask me the whole show "the view" sucks they can take them all off the air. all they do is cackle at the same time about nothing of importance. And Star is just a pain.

Barbara

This show is falling apart, however, I am very happy that Star in no longer a part of The View....before she lost all that weight I liked her. Now that SHE "thinks" she looks like a million bucks she has become a real beatch. She would "strut" on to the stage with those ugly wigs she wore and those eye lashes, what are they about. I remember around the holidays they were talking about family Christmas cards and she remarked that after the show that day she was going to have her made. Yup, her, that queer she is married to and the dog. Hope she showed off all those rings she flashes on every show..........GLAD YOU ARE GONE

peacegirl

I think Star & Barbra need ot grow up Star should have been up front as well as Barbra but Star handled herself well on Tuesday name one thig she said wrong nothing she held her ground and left with dignity. Barbra should have been up front with her totally instead of puttin her thru that for 2 months showing up everyday with a smile.

atlanta surburb

saw Star on the Larry King show and I was quite amazed at how highly she spoke of Walters and the others co-hosts of the View. Almost methodically and I think she was close to tears and had a very broad fake smile. She held her composure and I'm proud of her. When you know you are going to get dumped, why allow someone else to determine whether or not you should lie to make them look good. Barbara Walters should be dumped along with Rosie and the entire show it wasn't all that anyway. Star was arrogant but she had the power to back it up, she's educated, assertive, and a minority twice black/female. I think they all should let it die. She went out with dignity, she told the truth and didn't allow Barwa war ter to beat her to the punch. I'm proud of her, I think people have
heard enough, it's over nobody won, it will start up all over again when the show is stopper is shutdown of the show. I wish Star well and I hope she learns to balance arrogance and assertiveness.