Celebs Who Won't Get Hitched

7/4/2006 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No Marry CelebsFrom last weekend's celebrity wedding trifecta featuring the nuptials of Nicole Kidman, Marcia Cross and Patricia Arquette, it may seem like Hollywood is in a frenzy to walk down the aisle.

But for every Elizabeth Taylor and Jennifer Lopez wedding announcement there are stars that are avoiding saying their 'I Dos' like the bird flu.

Check out which celebrities have a serious case of cold feet.

OprahOprah Winfrey

Oprah and her rarely-seen main man Stedman Graham have been together for 20 years but she has no plans in sporting a Vera Wang anytime soon. Even though the talk show host doesn't see the point in marrying her partner, she insists Stedman did ask. While she may be a mentor to married housewives everywhere, Ms. Winfrey admits "A piece of paper does not define a life. I always knew that was not the answer for me." The Big O goes on to say "I do believe that had we gotten married, we would not be together today. The traditional role of marriage would not work in this relationship." And we all know if Oprah says so then it must be true!

George ClooneyGeorge Clooney

Despite winning an Oscar and being one of the "Sexiest Men Alive," George Clooney has yet to land a permanent leading lady in his life. He's been linked to nearly every starlet around the world and was once married to actress Talia Balsam, but the confirmed bachelor swears he will never wed again. Earlier this year gorgeous George told Barbara Walters "I know I'll never get married again because I wasn't very good at it." While we may not agree, the one thing we know he is good at is making women (and some men) swoon.

Charlize Theron Charlize Theron

Charlize Theron and her boyfriend, fellow actor Stuart Townsend, have been dating for nearly five years and are one of the hottest Hollywood couples around. Naturally they have the whole world wondering when they will tie the knot. Well to keep the press at bay, the couple has announced the exact date of their impending nuptials while simultaneously taking a political stand. Theron says "we will get married the day that gays and lesbians can get married (in America) - when that right is given to them." With Massachusetts being the only state so far to legalize gay marriage, sadly it seems, Charlize and Stuart will have to deal with a very long engagement.

Howard Stern Howard Stern

The King of all Media aka Howard Stern is another celeb making their bachelorhood a political issue. On May 15, Stern announced on his Sirius radio show that "I'm never getting married unless gays can get married." The shock jock says this is no joke and has declared the issue "his cause." Stern divorced his ex-wife Alison Stern, the mother for his three children, in 2001. He has since been dating his longtime girlfriend Beth Ostrosky.

Halle Berry Halle Berry

After two failed marriages to baseball player David Justice and R+B singer Eric Benet, Halle Berry has sworn off the institution for good. On an episode of "Oprah" in 2004, Berry said "I will never marry again. I mean it with every bone in my body."
The gorgeous Oscar-winner went on to say that despite not wanting to marry she does "need a partner."

So it isn't all bad news for the luckiest man in the world - Berry's boyfriend, model Gabriel Aubrey. If Gabriel is smart as he is hot, he'll prove to Halle why you should never say never.

Johnny Depp Johnny Depp

After being married once in the 80s and engaged four times to Sherilyn Fenn, Jennifer Grey, Winona Ryder and Kate Moss, Johnny Depp finally found the woman of his dreams in Vanessa Paradis.

Together since 1998, the couple have two children together but have yet to make their relationship official. The reason - Depp says he doesn't want to ruin her last name. "It would be such a drag to stick her with Paradis-Depp. It's like a flat note." Whatever you say Johnny. We don't think it'd be too hard to find someone willing to be stuck with the title of Mrs. Depp.

To make hearts a flutter even more, Depp adds "For all intents and purposes we are married. We have two kids together and she is the woman in my life. But if she ever said: 'Hey, let's get hitched', I would do it in a second."

Jen

George is not gay...he just hasn't found me; his true soulmate...yet. :)

Your a hottie George xoxoxoxoxoxo

fred

A paper saying you are committed is not for everyone. Look at Goldie and Kurt. who could be more committed to each other as these two? My wife and I have been married 26 yrs after knowing each other for three weeks . it works for us

Patrick

I'm a 40 year old guy. Never been married, but might consider it if the right woman comes along. I love women. Why is a man who has never been married, or never plans to be, automatically considered gay. They're are more married men having affairs with other men, then single guys who are gay. Take the former Governor of New Jersey. Times have changed, and marriage isn't looked upon as a positive institution anymore. As far as George Clooney goes, I say it takes a far stronger man to live his life the way he wants, then to live it the way other people would want you to.

Anonymously Yours

Such passionate and thought provoking points of view aside from the celebrity drivel.

Stella bezas

Interestingly, I wrote a comment last week and it was posted for only one day. Could it be that it was too literate and did not suit your agenda? My point was that these celbrities do a great injustice to people who look upon them as role models, but do not have the means to flaunt societal rules as they do. In addition, I questioned whether these celebrities look upon their business contracts (marriage is also a contract) as just a piece of paper. The key word - hypocrites.

Judy

Marriage to me is not just about commitment to each other, it's about telling the entire world and heavens that this is the one person that you will spend the rest of your life with. To me that piece of paper is important. I'm not finding fault with people that don't want to marry, that's their business. I believe that these celebs don't want to marry, mostly because they can't make a life time commitment. They can commit for a few years maybe, but not a lifetime. At least not all of them, some can. Look at Paul Newman. He made a lifetime commitment with marriage. I've noticed that most of the celebs like to have too much fun with their costars. I find that quite disgusting. See how many people you can sleep with. My daughter calls them "dirty butts". Quite funny.

Vonnie

Sorry, but a commitment is not a real commitment unless you get married. If you don't, you're telling the world that you're not really sure your relationship could last through the bad times - and that's what commitment is all about: staying together and true to each other through ALL times, good and bad. I'm so tired of hearing celebrity after celebrity proclaim, "he/she is my soulmate!" Then next month, lo and behold, they have yet ANOTHER soulmate! It's sad that most people don't realize what real commitment is.

Anonymously Yours

guess there still pix floating about on the internet of Miss Thang and her gay boytoy model boyfriend--still trying to pass him off as straight and act like there not effect by all of the backlash from her Benet bash f*** up...come clean girl...sorry if I piss off any readers....

Lorrie

... GOD hates fornication and adulty.

Kristin

Just another opinion, I think our friend George is Gay and all of his running around with all these beautiful women but never settling down with one of them, is clearly a cover up. He is definitely another Rock Hudson and Robert Reed (Brady Bunch father).....Val in NY

Anonymously Yours

Now the latest rumor on the Internet is that Halle likes to watch when her boytoy brings guys home from the bar for sex...LMAO

nik

marriage is necessary cuz its a covenant btw two ppl before God!!!..remember him!!!..i blive he requires us to be married before a union can be consumated so...nething outside of dat is a sin bfore him..so if u want him 2 bless ur union i bliv mariage is d only way.

Laura

My opinion is, Do whatever makes YOU happy. I said I would never get married again, but I did and I am happier then ever! But it is true that marriage does not work for everyone. Who says you have to be married anyway. Love itself is the commitment the marriage certificate is just a contract. People tend to stick to their commitments better then they do contracts!

Casey

MARRY ME, JOHNNY!!!!

Anonymously Yours

The last post about Aubry and Berry, c'mon you really don't mean it do you? You make her sound like some deviant, I am suprised that you didn't add she joins in the fun (sarcasm). Let the happy duo be.