Celebs Who Won't Get Hitched

7/4/2006 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No Marry CelebsFrom last weekend's celebrity wedding trifecta featuring the nuptials of Nicole Kidman, Marcia Cross and Patricia Arquette, it may seem like Hollywood is in a frenzy to walk down the aisle.

But for every Elizabeth Taylor and Jennifer Lopez wedding announcement there are stars that are avoiding saying their 'I Dos' like the bird flu.

Check out which celebrities have a serious case of cold feet.

OprahOprah Winfrey

Oprah and her rarely-seen main man Stedman Graham have been together for 20 years but she has no plans in sporting a Vera Wang anytime soon. Even though the talk show host doesn't see the point in marrying her partner, she insists Stedman did ask. While she may be a mentor to married housewives everywhere, Ms. Winfrey admits "A piece of paper does not define a life. I always knew that was not the answer for me." The Big O goes on to say "I do believe that had we gotten married, we would not be together today. The traditional role of marriage would not work in this relationship." And we all know if Oprah says so then it must be true!

George ClooneyGeorge Clooney

Despite winning an Oscar and being one of the "Sexiest Men Alive," George Clooney has yet to land a permanent leading lady in his life. He's been linked to nearly every starlet around the world and was once married to actress Talia Balsam, but the confirmed bachelor swears he will never wed again. Earlier this year gorgeous George told Barbara Walters "I know I'll never get married again because I wasn't very good at it." While we may not agree, the one thing we know he is good at is making women (and some men) swoon.

Charlize Theron Charlize Theron

Charlize Theron and her boyfriend, fellow actor Stuart Townsend, have been dating for nearly five years and are one of the hottest Hollywood couples around. Naturally they have the whole world wondering when they will tie the knot. Well to keep the press at bay, the couple has announced the exact date of their impending nuptials while simultaneously taking a political stand. Theron says "we will get married the day that gays and lesbians can get married (in America) - when that right is given to them." With Massachusetts being the only state so far to legalize gay marriage, sadly it seems, Charlize and Stuart will have to deal with a very long engagement.

Howard Stern Howard Stern

The King of all Media aka Howard Stern is another celeb making their bachelorhood a political issue. On May 15, Stern announced on his Sirius radio show that "I'm never getting married unless gays can get married." The shock jock says this is no joke and has declared the issue "his cause." Stern divorced his ex-wife Alison Stern, the mother for his three children, in 2001. He has since been dating his longtime girlfriend Beth Ostrosky.

Halle Berry Halle Berry

After two failed marriages to baseball player David Justice and R+B singer Eric Benet, Halle Berry has sworn off the institution for good. On an episode of "Oprah" in 2004, Berry said "I will never marry again. I mean it with every bone in my body."
The gorgeous Oscar-winner went on to say that despite not wanting to marry she does "need a partner."

So it isn't all bad news for the luckiest man in the world - Berry's boyfriend, model Gabriel Aubrey. If Gabriel is smart as he is hot, he'll prove to Halle why you should never say never.

Johnny Depp Johnny Depp

After being married once in the 80s and engaged four times to Sherilyn Fenn, Jennifer Grey, Winona Ryder and Kate Moss, Johnny Depp finally found the woman of his dreams in Vanessa Paradis.

Together since 1998, the couple have two children together but have yet to make their relationship official. The reason - Depp says he doesn't want to ruin her last name. "It would be such a drag to stick her with Paradis-Depp. It's like a flat note." Whatever you say Johnny. We don't think it'd be too hard to find someone willing to be stuck with the title of Mrs. Depp.

To make hearts a flutter even more, Depp adds "For all intents and purposes we are married. We have two kids together and she is the woman in my life. But if she ever said: 'Hey, let's get hitched', I would do it in a second."

Darrell

Looks like some of the Hollywood stars have real commitment issues. Hmm, I wonder how my wife would have felt if I basically said, "Sorry Babe, I don't love you enough to marry you now but we can wait until my political agenda is satisfied then we'll tie the knot.

Kathy

I remember when Sandra Bullock got married, she said at the time that she and Jesse would have just stayed the way they were, but when he got hospitalized and she realized that she had no legal say in any treatment options, etc., that she decided to marry him since she knew there would never be anyone else.

Marriage is more than a piece of paper.

When my husband was in the hospital and on life support after a bout of sepsis, I was asked by the doctor what I wanted to do.....keep him on life support or let him go? Because of the publicity surround the Schiavo case, we had discussed at great lengh earlier in the year what our wishes were, and he told me adamantly that he did not wish to be kept alive if he had no hope of dressing and feeding himself, working, etc, because he felt that was no life at all. I asked the doctor what his chances were of living a normal life, and quoted verbatim the statement my husband had made. When he doctor told me that there was no chance for recovery, I made the painful choice to honor his wishes. His mother later told me that she knew I did the right thing, but it was not something she would have been able to do herself.

Your commitment to another person is the issue here. Marriage gives your spouse legal options to be your voice when you can't, among other things. Sure you could visit a lawyer and get a pile of different legal documents to ensure that your loved one can act for you in different scenarios, but why do all that if that's what you feel? Just marry them!

Marriage offers a solid foundation to a committed relationship.

DR BILL

OK ALL YOU OPRAH "STEPFORD WIVES". OPRAH BELIEVES THAT SHE IS CHRIST. HER SHOW IS 80% PREACHING ABOUT WHATEVER SHE HAS AN OPINION ON. "OOOOOO KKKKKKK PEOPLE", YOU CAN HEAR HER NOW. SHE IS BOOOOOORING PEEEEEOOOPLE. WHO WATCHES THAT ANYWAY? IF YOU ARE A STAY AT HOMER WATCH ANYTHING W/ INTELLECTUAL VALUE INSTEAD OF THIS SICKENING LOVE FEST SHE HAS EVERY DAY W/ THOSE "ZOMBIES" IN HER AUDIENCE. AT LEAST THEY GET 50 MG'S OF VALIUM BEFORE THE SHOW, EVEN IF THEY ARE FORCED TO TAKE THE WHOLE DOSE 30 MINS BEFORE THE SHOW STARTS.

Noemi Ruth Perez

THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE SHOULD GET MARRIED? BECAUSE GOD AND THE BIBLE SAY SO!!

DOROTHY

"socially acceptable form of declaring your commitment to another person.." This statement was made by a previous person, ALL, what abou what God's word says, does this not matter., to me it's a moral issue..

DOROTHY

Oprah of all people listed I am disappointed in, she has been my role model and I admire and respect her 99% but her living with Steadman is against what all I thought she stands for. She has her angel network and always talks about a higher being etc, then why not do as God says to do, no fornication, no adultery. A sin is a sin is a sin. I should know.

rick

"unfortunately for charlize and her fiance"? What about all the gay couples in the remaining 49 states who are denied the same right most heterosexuals take for granted?

Two Women Beaters!!!

to #15 -- LOL!

Jim Battle

Halle Berry simply needs to hook up with someone interested in taking care of her not competing with her. Someone not in the entertainment/ modeling industry, or a high profile athlete. All wrong for her. Her high school boyfriend or someone like me (a country boy with class) would be a good choice for her. Marriage and kids would be good for her but she needs to chose the right mate.

Old School

All these celebs talking about "I'll never wed or never wed again." I wonder what religion do they profess, if any. The last I heard, if you are a Christian, and in many religions, marriage is honorable. Furthermore, it is still a sin to have sex before marriage. There is a God. Do you still believe that Oprah, Halle, and the rest of you none wedders? I know...Hollywood has a different morality standard, or lack of, from the rest of the world. Yea, right! You all are commitment fobic. If the paper don't matter, then get the paper. What's wrong with America? Too much Hollywood....

Jesse

Why write this?... no one reads... Marriage is the sacred declaration that you will never leave or forsake your soul tie. in terms of price there are so many diffrent ways to go with that. Its silly to say that the money can be saved for something else because small weddings happen everyday. Without marraige you have nothing to binds you to the other person except your own wills. As we all know our will is not pure we lie when it benifits us, and we dont want pain. If our will is broken there is nothing to keep us together.

Without Christ in the center, marraige is nothing more than a pice of paper but with Gods power if you or your partners "will" is broken, you can fall back on the fact that God placed you together to be each others.

Peter walked on water not because he believed enough that he could. He walked because Christ told him to come. Marraige takes work but if you know that God told you to be with your love, even the impossible waves in your relationship will be traversed.

May God touch one person that reads this. For the whole of heaven and my spirit will rejoice for just you.

Peggy Sheffield

We are required to have legal documents for everything else in our life - why not marriage. We have birth certificates, deeds to our homes, passports, Corporation papers, licenses to drive, to fish (and for so many other things) . I personally believe people are afraid of the word "commitment" and to not marry frees them to get in and out of a relationship easily. To make a commitment by marriage should make us try to work situations out that come up in our lives rather than say "Oh, forget it - I'll just find someone that will understand me" rather than trying to work the situation out to make life better.

Two Women Beaters!!!

D*mn! #29!

CHUCK DURDEN

MR CLOONEY MAY NOT BE GAY, IT MIGHT JUST BE THE IRISH CURSE.
BIG LIVER AND A SMALL DICK.

Two Women Beaters!!!

I agree with you #55. Halle needs to stop dating men in the industry. That's too much attention-seeking in one room.