Celebs Who Won't Get Hitched

7/4/2006 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No Marry CelebsFrom last weekend's celebrity wedding trifecta featuring the nuptials of Nicole Kidman, Marcia Cross and Patricia Arquette, it may seem like Hollywood is in a frenzy to walk down the aisle.

But for every Elizabeth Taylor and Jennifer Lopez wedding announcement there are stars that are avoiding saying their 'I Dos' like the bird flu.

Check out which celebrities have a serious case of cold feet.

OprahOprah Winfrey

Oprah and her rarely-seen main man Stedman Graham have been together for 20 years but she has no plans in sporting a Vera Wang anytime soon. Even though the talk show host doesn't see the point in marrying her partner, she insists Stedman did ask. While she may be a mentor to married housewives everywhere, Ms. Winfrey admits "A piece of paper does not define a life. I always knew that was not the answer for me." The Big O goes on to say "I do believe that had we gotten married, we would not be together today. The traditional role of marriage would not work in this relationship." And we all know if Oprah says so then it must be true!

George ClooneyGeorge Clooney

Despite winning an Oscar and being one of the "Sexiest Men Alive," George Clooney has yet to land a permanent leading lady in his life. He's been linked to nearly every starlet around the world and was once married to actress Talia Balsam, but the confirmed bachelor swears he will never wed again. Earlier this year gorgeous George told Barbara Walters "I know I'll never get married again because I wasn't very good at it." While we may not agree, the one thing we know he is good at is making women (and some men) swoon.

Charlize Theron Charlize Theron

Charlize Theron and her boyfriend, fellow actor Stuart Townsend, have been dating for nearly five years and are one of the hottest Hollywood couples around. Naturally they have the whole world wondering when they will tie the knot. Well to keep the press at bay, the couple has announced the exact date of their impending nuptials while simultaneously taking a political stand. Theron says "we will get married the day that gays and lesbians can get married (in America) - when that right is given to them." With Massachusetts being the only state so far to legalize gay marriage, sadly it seems, Charlize and Stuart will have to deal with a very long engagement.

Howard Stern Howard Stern

The King of all Media aka Howard Stern is another celeb making their bachelorhood a political issue. On May 15, Stern announced on his Sirius radio show that "I'm never getting married unless gays can get married." The shock jock says this is no joke and has declared the issue "his cause." Stern divorced his ex-wife Alison Stern, the mother for his three children, in 2001. He has since been dating his longtime girlfriend Beth Ostrosky.

Halle Berry Halle Berry

After two failed marriages to baseball player David Justice and R+B singer Eric Benet, Halle Berry has sworn off the institution for good. On an episode of "Oprah" in 2004, Berry said "I will never marry again. I mean it with every bone in my body."
The gorgeous Oscar-winner went on to say that despite not wanting to marry she does "need a partner."

So it isn't all bad news for the luckiest man in the world - Berry's boyfriend, model Gabriel Aubrey. If Gabriel is smart as he is hot, he'll prove to Halle why you should never say never.

Johnny Depp Johnny Depp

After being married once in the 80s and engaged four times to Sherilyn Fenn, Jennifer Grey, Winona Ryder and Kate Moss, Johnny Depp finally found the woman of his dreams in Vanessa Paradis.

Together since 1998, the couple have two children together but have yet to make their relationship official. The reason - Depp says he doesn't want to ruin her last name. "It would be such a drag to stick her with Paradis-Depp. It's like a flat note." Whatever you say Johnny. We don't think it'd be too hard to find someone willing to be stuck with the title of Mrs. Depp.

To make hearts a flutter even more, Depp adds "For all intents and purposes we are married. We have two kids together and she is the woman in my life. But if she ever said: 'Hey, let's get hitched', I would do it in a second."

june whittington

Underneath it all, marriage is still a civil contract. that has to
do with MONEY. Some day it will change as everything else
does, but at the present we use it , but do not quite respect it
as much as we pretend to. It appearst to me that we are all
bisexual and in love with love, even in Hollywood.

marie

GETTING MARRIED IS NOT ALL THAT IMPORTANT. A WIFE IS IN PLACE OF A MOTHER TO A MAN ESPECIALLY A OLDER MAN WHO IS ALONE, WOMEN WHO ARE ALONE ARE HAPPIER THAN MEN THAT LIVE ALONE. MEN BEED A WOMAN MORE THAN WOMEN NEED MEN IN MANY WAYS.
I HAVE BEEN WIDOWED TWICE AND HAVE TAKEN CARE OF TWO SICK MEN, IT IS MY TURN TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF.
BEING A WOMAN I CAN GO ON VACATION AND EAT DINNER WITH MY FEMALE FRIENDS AND NOT BE LOOKED AT BY AS GAY.
IF YOU ARE GAY THATS FINE BUT IF YOU ARE NOT IT IS ANOTHER STORY.
A " PIECE OF PAPER " DOES NOT MAKE A HAPPY MARRIAGE.
I AM NEVER LONELY AND I HAVE MY INDEPENDANCE TO DO WHAT EVER I PLEASE,

Ursula Vitanza

George Clooney is a "man's man" as much as he is every woman's fantasy ... he's far from gay. (Sorry guys!) He appears to be very content within himself, and that trait alone, seems to confuse the masses. You can tell when someone possesses "PASSION" ... and he exudes the stuff in everything he does ... from acting to playing pranks on his friends. He's happy with his life - you see it in his eyes and smile. As a woman, I would love to have him as my friend - just to hang out with and laugh. He is fun and serious at the same time ... a rare combination in people (in general). I'm taking my 83 year old beautiful Italian-descent Mother to Italy in May 2007 ... and the highlight of her trip would be to see Lake Como with George! Imagine that! They don't come more normal than him ... and that is all part of his ageless charm. Bottom line: Men admire him and woman adore his sense of humor! He lives by my standard of "DOING EVERYTHING WITH LOVE" ... so misses out on very little in this life. Muuuahhhh from me to you, George! URSULA

David

An inability to make a committment is a character weakness. Oprah, while generous, intelligent, etc., carries the flaw. It's okay in that it shows her humanity. However, her program, when it deals with marriage issues, is hypocritical. We don't see Steadman around Oprah as often as we see her "yes" people.and that would include her audience. Oprah has issues.

Yolanda Mozdzen

Good Morning Oprah,

I would like to take this time to thank you for all that you have done and all the kindness that you have given to the world!
You have gone through some challenges in life and you are my light in the dark so that I can see. You give me hope when I am lost and I will never give on my art work even though people say it is a pipe dream.
Yours Truly,

Yolanda D. Mozdzen

Helen

NOW we find out it's acceptable to have children and not get married. My mother paid dearly in her lifetime for having a baby and not being married. The guilt was too much for her to live a normal life. My husband's mother, also. These two wonderful ladies were just born way too soon!

Ben

Family is the cornerstone of love. It is in family you find brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, mother and father, uncles and aunts and other loved ones. It is through this preparatory noursihment of love that we are able to love others. Marriage signifies a commitment and security of concscience to this love; a divine thing. Marriage is our way of saying "thank you to God" for giving us love. Absense of marriage and preponderance of divorce does not resonate well with the security of family, which in turn threatens the very cornerstone of love. It is a beautiful thing; Love. It is the reason I have so much hope for this world. Do not blame marriage on divorce.

mac manhattan

for those who marry, who are married, who plan to marry, what would make sense would be mandatory divorce (temporary re-alignment; call it what you will).
this would take place at a set time (five years (?), for sake of argument).
the couple could then remarry (re-align; whatever) if that's their wish. this could take place instantly.
since it's mandaroty, no shame would attach and this law (custom, agreement) would give those for whom inertia has set in the push they need in order to split.
for those who remain together their time together would be considered unbroken in the case of those interested in longevity records.
it's a new world, after all.
mac in madhattan

Kelly

"If Oprah says it it must be true"? PUHLEEZE!!!! I am so tired of all of the Oprah worship in this country. Give me a break! She is a human being like everyone else. She has become a sanctimonious bore. Just ask poor scapegoat James Frey.

Denise Seagoville, Tx.

OK>>>>

I have been happily married to my husband for almost 20 years, and we've been together since I was 14...we dated almost three years before marriage.... To get married is very important in a relationship. It means that you are commited to each other and knowone else... It shows the public you are commited to each other and off the market. And your obeying god and his commandments. Living together, and having sex, which we all know they do...is a sin... marriage is sacred and not to be looked upon lightly...

Not to mention if you have children while together...would you want them to have the title of being a bastard? Though not that big of a deal, now-a-days to most, to God it's a big deal. Kinda like gays and gay marriages, to most no big deal, but to Christains who follow the bible and believe god, when he says it is a sin, it is wrong. so, to re-cap... it is wrong, it is a sin... to live together and not be married! and to say stupid remarks that a marriage certificate is just a piece of paper, shows how far off the Christian path most people have strayed....read your bibles....go back to church, or atleast pray about it.

We as adults have the responsibilities to teach our children the right, Christian way to live. And by condoning living to gether and sex without marriage is wrong and is condeming them to a place I'd rather not wish on my worst enemy. So wake up America smell the coffee, Marriage is the right way to live.

georgie

What's all this talk of a "piece of paper"? Why do think it's just a piece of paper? It's a whole event, for God's sake! It's letting the world know that you love and trust the person of the opposite sex enough, that you would want to commit your whole life to them, in a public manner! Just "getting together" is not really a commitmant at all, you're just f---ing around.

But on the other hand, I can see why Hollywood stars would not get married, because so much publicity and scandal rumors follow celebrity marriges. It's like reporters are TRYING to ruin stars marriges just for some publicity!

Lannell

The decision to marry or not is a choice that is left up to the individuals as is every choice that is made in our society. Whatever decision is made one must also consider that there are specific life principles for which we are all held accountible. All decisions either yield a reward or a consequence. By following these principles (or not) WE are merely choosing reward or consequence.

Yolanda Mozdzen

Oprah,

I personally don't think you have to get married to trully enjoy your soul mate , if you have trust , love and kindess that will go far!

Yolanda Mozdzen

Person

what the world needs now is love sweet love! its the only thing that there's just too little of

GLORIA