Spelling Mansion

Secretly On the Market

7/5/2006 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Candy Spelling, Aaron's widow, has quietly put the Spellings' legendary mansion on the market for $150 million.

Sources in the real estate industry say Westside Estate Agency (WEA) has a pocket listing on the 56,000 square foot estate, meaning it is quietly being shopped among realtors and select buyers. The mansion, located in the exclusive Holmby Hills area of L.A., was completed in 1991 for around $47 million, which includes $10 million for the land.

One real estate source says Candy Spelling has let a lot of people on the staff go and that the buzz is that she is going to shut the house down so it can be shown by realtors. Aaron Spelling died on June 23.

Susan Schtenvent

Amazing......it's a story about hollywood and a tv producer that died. But 'the party of hate', the republicans, turn every story into hatred and antagonism. Who the hell made you the arbiter of how to raise your kids Adrian? The fact that you are reading this story means you are interested in Hollywodd and what goes with it. Don't judge others, it simply shows the world that you hate yourself. You have no content. So sorry you are gullible and afraid.....so sorry for you that you have to take it out on the rest of the world. I'm leaving so you can criticize me in cyberspace, I never add to these things and now I know why. Good luck hating everybody--and I really don't want to be around when Karma decides to come bite you on your ass. Switch to decaf or go meditate or something and try to learn to love and not be so hateful.

anthony

Well I heard that the reason Aaron had the heart attack
was that she told him that she wanted to sell the house.
Now she has the go ahead.

Dean

You're all a bunch of losers for reading this and commenting. F- Spelling and F- everyone here. None of you have enough to cover the rent, let alone talk about this mansion. F- off everyone

Alex

IReal easy solution.

The building is 56,000 square feet.

Convert it to 56 1000 sf condos......in Holmby Hills at $ 300,000 - $ 500,000 each and REALLY make a killing. There's enough room for parking, too !

If 56 units sold at $ 500,000 each....that would be total revenue of $ 280,000,000....and you could make a $ 130,000,000 profit after you just paid $ 150,000,000 for it !!!

KA-CHING !!!

Mary

After 38 years of marriage...she has earned it.....hope her children get a good chunk of it......expecially Tori....

Proud capitalist

You people make me laugh! This man made his fortune, died, and you are makeing judgements on how the money should be used? This is why you will never have any wealth. You spend time thinking about how everyone else should use their money. How much do you give to charity? Take a look at the tax records of how much Spelling and others give to charity each year. I bet they gave more as a percentage of their income than you did! That does not matter though right? Filthy rish people are all crooks and should give their money away right? You disgust me! Go make your own money and stop worrying about others!

Bad Kitty

Wow...incredible, the man has been dead a couple weeks and bang....up for sale. You know, I understand I am here in my Dads house...sitting thinking...my Dad died about 2 years ago and I am now dealing with the issue of parting with his stuff. Its very hard and I wish her the best in whatever she plans on doing with the house. They were married along time and I know its hard on her even it the public can accuse her of being such a horrible person. This is life and we all must live it...together.

Toby

sorry, I ment, I would REALLY like to see the inside.

Annie

It's a free country until a socialist president gets in office. She can sell it for what she wants to. Geez..grow up and stop being green with envy who has what. If they pay taxes and work hard, what's the problem. Majority of humans are zellous for fortune and having way too much period anyway in plain practical terms. That we'll all answer for as a whole.

rob elz

The house is worth whatever someone is willing to spend for it. Yes celebrities are overpaid, but if they can get what they do for their work, that's fine. My beef with celebrities is that they feel their status makes them morally supeior to everyone else with their self-centered award parties. They act like they are royalty, and this makes them think they are smarter and can tell everyone else how to live. Do your job and STFU.

Joe

The national and local media are prowling this neighborhood to see which top agents have been contacted about this property. Local Beverly Hills website Beverly Hills People http://www.beverlyhillspeople.com has been inundated with calls from the networks about what we know. All we can say is that WEA Beverly Hills has the pocket listing and that several agents have told us that everyone in town is scambling to get in on this one. Stay tuned.

joe walker

AT $2,321 PER SQ. FT. (ASSUMING 20 MILL FOR THE LOT AND A 56,000 SQ. FT. HOUSE), THIS IS EITHER A SAD CASE OF MARKET IGNORANCE OR A BASIS FOR A POSSIBLE UPCOMING INSURANCE SWINDLE...THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES COULD BE REPLICATED FOR MUCH LESS THAN HALF OF $150 MILLION. FROM A REALTOR WITH 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE.

schizoidman

Bravo.

I love all the comments decrying this as a sad example of 'haves' and 'have nots'. Ha! Spelling, original name "Spurling" because immigration officials changed it "for him" was penniless when his family entered the U.S.A. from ravaged Europe. He WAS what you call a 'have not'.

He made his fortune, regardless of his lack of education, lack of contacts, lack of money, lack of health, lack of anything, but the will to pursue his dreams. He did just that. And found them, right here in the United States of America. Not only was he bedridden a year out of his childhood, he WAS the 'have not' that so many liberals hold up as their supreme goal, however skewed.

I ask, who among you seeks poverty? Who among you wants to fail? Aaron Spelling surely didn't, and this house was his gift to himself and his family for his hard- very hard work, work that influenced millions, inspired millions, and entertained millions.

Now the stage is yours. Lets see what you can do. What you contribute to our culture and your family. How about donating the time it took to write your post, and volunteering at a community shelter? How about selling your computer and donating the money to the blind? How about...everything is relative. Stop whining about what you think others should do, and do what YOU can do.

Steve-poor hater

Give it to the poor? I HATE the poor.
Let them eat cake...or candy.

art

Lots of class. Mostly lower.