France Loves Johnny Depp

7/7/2006 12:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Depp: Click to WatchCaptain Jack Sparrow himself was bestowed the highest honor of achievement by the Mayor of Paris, Bertrand Delanoe. Depp was presented the Grand Medaille de Vermeil last night, an award given to those who demonstrate devotion to the city.

"The country itself, the city itself has been very kind to me. It introduced me to my beautiful girl Vanessa, gave me two beautiful kids - doesn't get better than that," said a proud Depp, who came to the premiere with girlfriend Vanessa Paradis.

The presentation was made at the French premiere of his new film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" and co-star Orlando Bloom had only good things to say about his co-star.

"Johnny is a guy who sort of has a lot of integrity, he's an actor who's doing his work and he's focused on the work and developing characters and he's courageous with it. It's as simple as that."

The film opens in theaters today.

Bert Weaver

I will see any movie that Johnny Depp makes.

CatCraze

Johnny Depp really goes a long way from his hometown in Tennessee where he was born and grew up, then moved out to west trying to get some work in the band.. he got lucky when some lady (some nut said he was married to the makeup gal who works with the Hollywood crowd) indrouced (sp) Johnny to Nic Cage and landed a job in TV show called Jump Street as a detective guy.. I watched him when he first started his show on Jump Street and he really bring his talent raw!!! He does a wonderful acting until he decide to go for something bigger.. he really showed us how much he really enjoy acting in all of his movies including Pirates of Carriabean 1st and 2nd, I really love his acting quirks and he does make me laugh in the recent one.. he bring Jack Sparrow out in him!!!
He is a very unique and special guy who values his ladylove and his children highly than anything in the world! That's a honest, humble man!!!
Johnny Depp, keep up the unique person as you are and blessed with your family! We love you for what you are, not by your pretended acting like in the movies.. keep us laughing with your antics in movies you picked out to act in.
God Bless YOU JOHNNY!!

DEBRA

YES LADIES HE IS CUTE BUT I FEAR HOT IS BECOMING A BIT TOO FEMINE..HE IS A LITTLE GIRLIE PRETTY.NOT HANDSOME.

Erica

Johnny Depp is more than a sexy, rich, & famous movie star. He is very caring and has a great personality. People always say how gooding looking he is, but there is so much more to him. His good looks are just the icing on top of the perfect cake.

sparrowWing

Johnny is one of the most handsome, cutest, hottest. sexiest, men I have ever seen anywhere--in real life, movies, other entertainment, magazines, whatever. That being said, in spite of this world-wide known fact, admitted to by millions of women of all ages, he remains faithful to the lady he has made his committment to and given his love to. I admire him for his values. I believe the roots of his ancestry are deeply within him to be loyal and faithful and upstanding as with all the Cherokee---I know because I am of Cherokee ancestry also. He has had his moments in his younger years of being the Hollywood rebel, but his honesty and faithfulness at this time of his life are more apparent now although the darker mysterious side is part of his essence also. I say, go for it all, Johnny, and follow your heart. Money, fame and glory don't make the man and I think you know that, but you have it all and still remain yourself and not a puppet. We love you and will always.

Coco

1st movie that I first watched him.... was edward siccor hand ....loved him ever since.. he was cute before now he's sexie..................................

ara

God he is HOT!

Pink Rocks

Good Gawd Almighty.............That man is one of the hottest guys there is!

get a life people

He is so Hot but he dresses like my grandfather.........He is need of a make over

Rae

Well deserved. A lovely, humble and very talented man

TheseDays

Yea, what's with his low-maintenance look???? But so compelling to watch, his acting is stellar.

Kate

Ya gotta love Johnny Depp!!!!!!! What style, so different and unique.... Word cannot describe how sexy he really is in this gals opinion............. Love ya Mr. Depp!

Di

He is so HOT! I must admit him speaking French makes him even sexier.

Some of the stuff he wears is strange but you have to admit he is different.

Pink Rocks

He doesn't care whos hot, whats hot, who is rich, who isn't, he just wants to live his life with his family. How f***king cool is that, and still to be in demand. He rocks and even if he had on a green Glad garbage bag, I would be interested.

lala

Good. I'm glad France loves him.. He can stay there since he dogged the US, let him stay there!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments