McConaughey's Lost Weekend

7/7/2006 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey celebrated his independence from former girlfriend Penelope Cruz with a three-day bender in Costa Rica over the Fourth of July weekend.

Taking a cue from the movie that launched his career, the "Sexiest Man Alive" left much to be desired partying on the beach looking 'dazed and confused.'

Check out pics of Matthew's weekend beach blast.

A barefoot, shirtless, and sweaty Matthew got his groove on by drinking, dancing, writhing on the floor and even shushing one of his fellow vacationers.

Apparently McConaughey recuperated in no time, because just a couple of days later the confirmed bachelor was spotted hanging out with his bike riding buddies Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong in Malibu.

CC

Seriously, what IS up with that chic's ear??? Grodie.

DESERT RAT

BOYS WILL BE BOYS !!! PARTY ON.

TheseDays

I've always viewed him this way.......... I could use a drink after seeing this mess!

Jeanette

Awwww...poor baby...maybe his heart is broken....id console him in a HEARTBEAT...

jerzegirl

Shut up and do me...

elle

UNBELIEVABLE...WHEN YOU SEE MATHEW PARTYING AND GETTING ALL WASTED AND GROSS HE'S A "REAL PERSON"...WHEN YOU SEE GIRLS LIKE LINDSAY AND SO ON, THEY'RE HO BAGS AND WHAT NOT...WHEN REALLY THEY'RE YOUNG AND FOOLISH AND SHOULD BE PARTYING...MATTHEW ON THE OTHER HAND JUST LOOKS LIKE AN OLD FOOL WHO NEEDS TO GROW UP!

No legs in Texas :(

Hush #23, leave my man alone!!! He may look like an old fool, but he's a god damn good looking fool!!! I bet your'e wishing you were playing bongos w/ him but naked right now!!!

Betsy

I've been wondering about Matthew's thirst for the drink...since he was on a few talk shows and insisted the host join him in a shot of Tequila.

Betsy

Yeah he drinks a LOT. Could explain his Merry Go Round lovelife. Cleaning up after a drunk isn't so fun.

BBMJFan

Mmmmm--I'd take advantage of him while he's drunk!!!

Sam Peters

"Former girlfriend Penelope Cruz"?

She was an obvious beard orthe making of Sahara, as she was for Cruise. (Remember Matthew's discovery, arrest, small dog named Miss Scarlett and cycling exploits with Jake).

Surely, Harvey knows better.

And if he wants us to take TMZ seriously, he shouldn't treat us like we're morons.

jen

Wow this story is on http://www.scoopity.com !

Jon

Wow, I haven't seen a train wreck this bad since Tara Reid disintegrated into a drunken mess on the E channel. He looks even worse than that mug shot of Nick Nolte after Nolte's DWI. I hope the Betty Ford clinic has a vacancy for this lost soul.

niko

you know he is a human being just like anyone else....people need to get a life and dont worry about stuff like this...another words mind there own business.. who has never been shit faced before???..looks like a cool guy to hang out with in my book

jen jen

I don't wanna grow up I'm the sexieset man alive, more girls, more weed Oh Boy !!!
isn't it great to be a drunk kid !!!!!!............with a lot of money - bah dum dum