McConaughey's Lost Weekend

7/7/2006 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey celebrated his independence from former girlfriend Penelope Cruz with a three-day bender in Costa Rica over the Fourth of July weekend.

Taking a cue from the movie that launched his career, the "Sexiest Man Alive" left much to be desired partying on the beach looking 'dazed and confused.'

Check out pics of Matthew's weekend beach blast.

A barefoot, shirtless, and sweaty Matthew got his groove on by drinking, dancing, writhing on the floor and even shushing one of his fellow vacationers.

Apparently McConaughey recuperated in no time, because just a couple of days later the confirmed bachelor was spotted hanging out with his bike riding buddies Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong in Malibu.

wendy

Yes..He is the greatest looking guy there ever is..was...or will be..but a slopy drunk is so unattactive...

No legs in Texas :(

Go Matthew! Go Matthew! It's your Birthday!
I'm more than willing to be your naked bongo banging buddy anytime. Call me, my # is 1(800)bongo-pal

dddddddd

love the guy always did,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, penolope ceuize did lose.................

Jerry

Matthew McConaughey is so sweet...no wonder his initials are M&M. They melt in your mouth, not in your hand :o)

Yolanda

Ugggghh. I do not find him attractive in the least. He is an over-grown frat boy. Way too over rated..

blondie

He's hot, but not in these pictures. But do any of us look hot when we're drunk? nooooooo...........and don't forget he just got out of a long relationship, i think most of us have been there, so we know where he's at.......let him get it out his system, he'll be fine. and yeah, that ENTIRE EAR is just completely f*k'd up. there's no other way to put it.

Ms Penelope

mathew you'd make a good couple with the girl from the food network
Gia the "italian" cook!

Sabrie

McConaughey is apparently starring in the big screen version of "bum fights." Trashtastic!

CINCIE WREN

MATTHEW IS A GIRLS WET DREAM. IF HE CAME UP TO ME DRUNK, I WOULD DO WHAT EVER HE ASKED ME TO DO. I JUST WISHED I LIVED CLOSER TO AUSTIN, TEXAS. I LIVE IN SILSBEE, TEXAS. THE DRIVE WOULD BE WELL WORTH IT JUST TO MEET HIM IN PERSON. I DON'T THINK ANY MAN COULD EVER BE SEXIER THAN HE IS. NOT IN MY BOOK. I JUST THANK GOD THAT HE IS NORMAL AND NOT A STUCK UP HOLLYWOOD STAR. WAY TO GO MATTHEW!

Ed Fontaine

That face is very familiar, did he ever appear on the LOGO television network?

Carly

Matthew looks like he is partying pretty hard, but something about this does not look right to me or healthy. I am really concerned about him.

Carly

IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE MATTHEW HAS NOT BATHED IN SEVERAL DAYS.
hE MIGHT BE HOT BUT NOT CLEAN.

cindy owens

sober or drunk, Mathew McConaughey has IT!!! he is thee SEXIST MAN to ever walk the earth!!!!!!!!!

michelle

he's looks good even when drunk

Scot

The picture of him on his back is how he is usually for his buddies like Jake Gyllenhaal. Get fucked like the bottom he is