EXCLUSIVE: Suri Cruise Birth Certificate

7/10/2006 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a copy of the official birth certificate of the elusive Suri Cruise, daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

The document, filed with the Los Angeles County Register-Recorder/County Clerk, was filed May 8, 2006. (Click on document to download) There are several interesting items of note:

First, St. John's Hospital has a policy of filing birth certificates within 10 days of birth. In this case, Suri was born on April 18 but the certificate was not filed until May 8, 20 days later. An official from the hospital told TMZ that the delay occurred because they needed a signature from the parents or a representative of the parents certifying birth, and that person did not come in until May 4. The person who signed is labeled "friend." The signature is not legible.

Also, the "Attendant or Certifier" who signed the certificate -- Anne Heffernan, RNC -- was not in the delivery room and did not see the baby. But a hospital rep tells TMZ that Heffernan is authorized to sign when the doctor is not available. A hospital rep said "normally the doctor signs" but it isn't a requirement.

Finally, the hospital rep said that the circumstances that triggered the eventual signing of the birth certificate were that Suri needed a passport and a birth certificate is a prerequisite to obtaining one.

Ron

So who really cares????I am not interested in what other people do, It is not my business, and besides most of the hollywood people only want media attention which they get. Tom is a good actor but he is a real squirrel outside of that.

DTarantino

Why does the media always have to make "much ado about nothing?" Leave Tom, Katie and Suri and all the others alone! I don't really care about their personal lives - just as I am sure they don't care about mine or yours. Hasn't the paparazzi done enough damage in this lifetime to satisfy their own greed? Remember 8/31/1997? Get a life, report something newsworthy. Hey here's an idea, why not join the fight again terrorism and aparteid, help stop domestic violence, end child abuse, why don't you trail around and report on the sexual predators - put them behind bars. DO SOMETHING GOOD WITH YOUR LIFE!!!

sundance sally

T, Miller has the right of it. TMZ and whoever "gave" them a copy of the
child's birth certificate ought to be ashamed! Ordinary parents go to
great length to protect their children! You've got some twisted
nerve posting this child's legal single most important ID document
just because you can. Spare us the supposed logic of "right to know" and misguided freedom of speech. This isn't "news". It's downright creepy.

jordan

YES, CELEBRITIES CHILDREN SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE, BUT AFTER PUBLICIZING THE RELATIONSHIP, AND KATIE'S PREGNANCY SO MUCH, THEY SHOULD AT LEAST RELEASE A PICTURE OF THE BABY. IF THEY DIDN'T WANT TO SHOW THE BABY OFF, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE EVERYTHING ELSE SO PUBLIC. HE'S PROBABLY DOING THIS ON PURPOSE, JUST B/C OF THE REASON WE ARE ALL COMMENTING ON IT NOW. HE WANTS EVERYONE TO TALK ABOUT HIM, AND HIS FAMILY, AND NOT BRAD PITT & ANGELINA JOLIE, AND SHILOH JOLIE-PITT. IF THATS THE REASON, HE'S DEFINANTLY GETTING WHAT HE WANTS.

carol snyder

I think Tom and Katie will not last and this is why they are keeping Suri away from the public eye. Katie is only going to marry Tom for that money they agreed upon then leave. I feel sorry for Suri.

Martee Capilli

Why does the press and the public in general expect Tom and Katie to "show off" their baby? Just because they choose to be (and very successfully so) in the entertainment business , there is no obligation to open their private lives, their children or even what's for lunch to the public. Assumptions only lead to tabloid gossip which is "sellable" to those who need to know and want to believe what they read. Good grief, maybe the baby has two heads !!!!!! Read more about that in a national "right to know"
tabloid......Marteec143@aol.com

Cindy

Hmmm...makes one wonder. Maybe she's not really his (?) I'm just sayin! He and Nicole Kidman had to adopt because of somebody's infertility...guess we'll find out if Nicole ever gets knocked up by her new man, eh?

Ah well... in the end it doesn't matter...as long as he's a good and kind father and the baby grows up happy.

Robin

You can name your child anything that you want. I gave my daughter her father's last name even though we didn't finish the paternity process for 3 weeks after her birth. No big deal on that one-- (referencing an earlier comment by someone who stated that Cruise's real last name is Mathoper).

Scarlet

I think ya'll are stalkers in the making...get a life...

Originalkat

Let me get this straight....Cruise can give strangers his autograph but he can't sign his "biological" childs birth certificate? Hmmmm?

sharrie

I "heard" Cruise wanted alot of money for pix of Suri , especially after Brad & Angelina's baby was born, but the high dollar money was not forthcoming, so he is still looking for "takers". I also think there is something wrong with her. Katie is not seen much in public anymore, and as much of a publicity hog as Cruise is, I think he would have used Suri's birth to his advantage, especially with the poor reviews he got with MI-3. He would use anything and or anyone to perk up his downward spiralling career.AND, he has never been shy about showing off his adopted children, they were not hidden from the public as Suri is.

barbara

Don't know how you got hold of an important documnet like their daughters birth certificate but if it was you wouldn;t you feel a little invaded????? I like to know what is up with all the Stars, but some things should be left alone and being able to download Tom Crusie's childs bc is really pushing the edge.

JC

I Agree, this is all crap! Who Cares?? Not I!

Johanna Holman Sarrocco

Personally I think Tom Cruise is one sick bastard. Personally he isnt in his right mind to raise a child. I hope kate leaves him with the baby. She needs to find a normal sane man to help her raise her daughter.

elaine

who cares? Leave the kid alone--if there is one or not--I don't care. I wish people would take up this much interest in poverty, war, abuse, etc and then the world wouldn't have any problems!!