The Flurry Over Suri

7/11/2006 7:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom CruiseWhere the heck is Suri Cruise? My cynical opinion -- Tom wants to out do Brad.

So here's my theory. Brad and Angelina got around $4 mil for the first pics of Shiloh, which they donated to charity. The word on the street is that Tom and Katie couldn't get more than $3 million for Suri pics. When you're as big as Tom Cruise, the only place to go is down. He was the biggest star in the world for a long time, loved by all. Now he's neither the biggest nor loved that much.

So forget about the conspiracy theories. People just weren't as into Suri pics as Shiloh pics, and it probably drove Tom nuts. But wait -- there's a solution. Create a mystery and the world will go crazy. That's exactly what I think is going on. If people start questioning if this baby really exists, the pictures automatically become more valuable. If he gets more than $4 mil, he beats Brad. I'm guessing if that happens, the money goes to Scientology, which could make the whole plan backfire.

In this town, stars make their own luck. Until recently, the Cruise machine was the master of managed publicity. I think this could be an attempt to re-capture some good ol' glory days.

kit merritt

Is there ANYONE who has actually seen the Cruise baby other than the family?

JOAN TORDO

DOES ANYBODY WITH AN I.Q. OVER 12 REALLY CARE?????

JOAN TORDO

DOES ANYONE WITH AN I.Q OVER 12 REALLY CARE?????

meg

100% correct, again.

Oh, and "JOAN TORDO" obviously you do since you are/were here. If you really did not care, you would have never gone to tmz.com, gone to the article and especially commented on it. Stupid cynical hypocrat.

gina

harvey, Tom don't want to release a pic, he never did

TOM CRUISE NEVER EXPLOITED HIS KIDS AND SOLD THEM LIKE EX WIFE KIDMAN WITH CONNOR IN 2002

HE NEVER DID A SINGLE COMMERCIAL IN HIS CARRER

YOU ARE JUST FEELING TOO CURIOUS AND IN LACK OF TOMKAT BASHING

FUCK YOU ALL HATERS

HATERS + LOSERS

Erika Callahan

I'm sure when they are ready to let people see Suri, we will see her. Maybe there is some medical issue that they would rather no one know about just yet. Just wait and see.

Amy

He didnt show off his other kids either. It is really strange though, they did everything in their power to get as much media attention that they could. She even went shoe (not baby) shopping every day for weeks just to be sure he cameras didnt forget her.

l*

honestly, i bet suri is just fugly, so they're hiding her...

Misty

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO IS TOM CRUISE'S BABY'S FATHER IS??? HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY QUESTION. MY QUESTION IS AN ANSWER IN ITSELF. TOM MAY HAVE RECEIVED ADVICE FROM MICHAEL JACKSON ON FATHERING. IM SORRY TOM BUT YOU REALLY OUGHT TO STRAIGHTEN UP AND KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT. YOUR "TOP GUN" DAYS ARE OVER. BY THE WAY, MAYBE HERB IS THE FATHER.

Tammy

I heard along time ago that tom cruise left his first wife nichole kidman because she came up pregnant and he was sterile and could not possibly be the father, than she lost the baby but he still divorced her. If he is sterile he could not be the father of suri.

mimi

Leave them alone, they are real people.
I've always been a big fan of Tom Cruise and still am! So what if they aren't running round to let people take pictures of the baby, I applaud them for that. Maybe they want some private family time, while they can get it!

I wish them all the best!

Daley Ellen

I do get a jolly out of the folks that say they don't care and get a life and Yet they are here........

Tracey

I read another recent article that a store clerk in Colorado saw the baby (Suri) said she is "funny looking".

Connie

Tom is just so full of himself that he wants to get as much limelight as possible. I think Katie is just a pawn in his game of life. I think he isn't the father of Suri and it is visible in her looks and that would hurt his image of himself. Katie got caught up in a whirlwind dream and probably wishes she was not in all of this. And yes Tom does "drag her rather than walking side by side with him. They publicly broadcast their relationship and pregnancy and were "so happy" well why not marry and show of the offspring ?????????

Brandie

Yes....I thought there was a reason why Nicole & Tom adopted instead of having their own children, that they couldn't have kids...when I 1st heard about Katie I thought that was weird

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments