The TomKat/Suri Conspiracy Timeline

7/12/2006 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's been 86 days since the birth of Suri Cruise -- and about a split-second since the latest conspiracy theory about Hollywood's most elusive baby.

New rumors surface by the hour -- that Tom and Katie are holding out for a better magazine photo deal, that Scientology is involved in the mystery, that Suri doesn't even exist!

So what has fueled the rumors? TMZ has created a timeline that may explain why Suri is becoming a national obsession.

Take a look at these pictures. On March 25, Katie, who was eight months pregnant at the time, looked ginormous. But then, on April 5, 13 days before she gave birth, Katie seemed to shrink.

And there's more.

We have video of Katie shopping at Barney's in Beverly Hills just days before her delivery. Katie spent hours inside on a wild shopping spree, and there's buzz that one of the items she purchased was a pair of size 26 Chip and Pepper jeans (which translate to a size 2) -- a bit odd for someone who had a long way to go to regain her figure.

And, of course, there was the never-ending public appearances by TomKat. The paparazzi followed them continent by continent, as the couple was bursting with joy over their impending arrival. But everything changed on April 18, with the birth of Suri.

These are the only images we could find of Katie post-pregnancy. And, of course, zilch on Suri.

And, as TMZ first reported, there are items of curiosity on Suri's birth certificate.

So you ask, why the conspiracy theories? As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

JamiLee

Who knows if Suri does or does not exist. Hopefully she does not have a birth defect. I do feel so sorry for poor Katie, she looks so sad & acts like a robot. That crazy cult has made this lovely girl a zombie. Why does everyone say Tom is gay, crazy yes, but not gay! Seems to be the norm now to say good looking men are gay. Just for the record I am not a Tom fan!

JamiLee

Jannette

I think they may have gotten pregnant, and everything circulated, but I think they either aborted, or Kate lost the baby, and wanting to keep up w/ the Joneses (well, in this case, the Jolie-Pitts), they kept the charade going! I think they'll wait for pictures of Suri to surface once they've adopted a baby, and pass it off as their own!!

POOPER SCOOPER

This whole Tom and Katie thing reminds of the movie Rosemary's Baby with Katie in the role of Mia Farrow.

Erika Callahan

the whole thing is just wrong........end of story

Hippo

Maybe I'm looking too hard. I watched the video of Katie shopping a couple of times, and she doesn't walk like a pregnant woman. When you are that heavily pregnant, your center of balance shifts, and you are forced to sort of waddle. You have to lean back a little to compensate for the huge weight in front. Katie looks like she is walking normally.

betty

I thought this was another one of TMZ's silly rumors but I wonder why in the second photograph, Katie was much smaller. But I'm not an expert on pregnancies so I'm not sure. I don't know what to make of this. Do you believe any of this..?

Elise

Creepy!!!

Erk

her tummy could have dropped 13 days before she gave birth...which would explain the first part (the first two pictures)...but about everything else is just to weird.

EasyMac

Wow those side-by-side pics (Mar 25 and Apr 5) are amazing... the difference is freaky. As for buying size 2 jeans - that doesn't mean much, as she'd have them for when she did get back in shape.

Interesting, interesting. Veddy interesting.

Shannan

Yep... those side by side pictures are mighty tighty whitey interestink. And what about buying a sonogram machine?? Did a doctor ever do a sonogram that confirmed there was a human baby under that maternity top?

I am having a hard time getting over that side by side picture.

Maybe, if there is a baby, it is really deformed. Can you imagine how Tom Cruise's movie stock would plummet? He would be accused on sonogramming the kid into a twisted version of a sub human.

Sumpins up.

kathy

Yeah...pretty odd to be sooo public while pregnant - then nothing, nadda....I can see a few weeks til bringing Suri out but this is just too strange.

chris

Who Cares..............There are more important things in this world then that baby!

Lindsay

Wow. Those photos side by side of the belly are pretty amazing, however as a mother of 3 (set of twins included), those look like preggo boobs. Of course I'll admit that I want to see Suri as much as I wanted to see the Brangelina Baby, it's quite interesting how much this baby is being hidden - along with her mother.

Rebecca

What ever happen to Tom? When has he been last seen? Just a few months ago he was all over the place and couldn't talk enough about Kate and his dying love for her. Now it's like he's in hiding. I know if I had a kid I would want to show it off and the kind of money he has he could have some lovely pictures made of he, Katie and Suri if he didn't want a magazine to take them. Then he could publish the pics in a magazine of his choice and that would be the end of that. Everyone would be happy.

duram

In her pregnancy photos, all of her jeans were "normal". That is, I don't recall ever seeing any sort of cotton band or anything that is normally present on maternity jeans, she just wore everything really low slung. Do they have special materinity jeans that don't look like maternity jeans? Because she was wearing those pretty far into her pregnancy. That sort of wierds me out, since all the maternity stuff I've seen has always had that stretchy band thing.