The TomKat/Suri Conspiracy Timeline

7/12/2006 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's been 86 days since the birth of Suri Cruise -- and about a split-second since the latest conspiracy theory about Hollywood's most elusive baby.

New rumors surface by the hour -- that Tom and Katie are holding out for a better magazine photo deal, that Scientology is involved in the mystery, that Suri doesn't even exist!

So what has fueled the rumors? TMZ has created a timeline that may explain why Suri is becoming a national obsession.

Take a look at these pictures. On March 25, Katie, who was eight months pregnant at the time, looked ginormous. But then, on April 5, 13 days before she gave birth, Katie seemed to shrink.

And there's more.

We have video of Katie shopping at Barney's in Beverly Hills just days before her delivery. Katie spent hours inside on a wild shopping spree, and there's buzz that one of the items she purchased was a pair of size 26 Chip and Pepper jeans (which translate to a size 2) -- a bit odd for someone who had a long way to go to regain her figure.

And, of course, there was the never-ending public appearances by TomKat. The paparazzi followed them continent by continent, as the couple was bursting with joy over their impending arrival. But everything changed on April 18, with the birth of Suri.

These are the only images we could find of Katie post-pregnancy. And, of course, zilch on Suri.

And, as TMZ first reported, there are items of curiosity on Suri's birth certificate.

So you ask, why the conspiracy theories? As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

Dollie

I was born at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica and so were my children. My best friend was there on April 18 for the birth of her grandson. She saw Brooke Shields husband several times but never saw anything of the Cruise people. She said the corridor was tarped off. Big questions.

Lilly

The stomach is weird looking but not rare, some women carry like that. I think TOM is waiting to have something to promote, then he will show SURI. I wonder is KATE has any say in anything these two do. She is acting like a robot, even looks like one. I thought TOM could not have children. If he did father SURI, great for him, but I just can't help but to feel like something weird is going on with that man!!! They made a circus of their relationship, so i don't beleive privacy is the reason for no SURI, it's the fact that there is nothing to gain from it now. TOM stop acting so WEIRD AND FAKE. And KATE, SPEAK OR DO SOMETHING!!!! SHOW SURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dollie

What is such a shame is that even if Suri exists and she is indeed their biological child there will always be questions. They blew it by being so silent and raising questions. Those questions will go on to haunt that little girl for life. I am so disappointed in Tom and Miss Kate.

Carol

If you look at the side by side picture, you'll see she doesn't have her arms in her sleeve but rather inside her sweater holding her stomach. I think that you're stretching to come up with your theories.

Aisha

if you ask me....i think their kid my have down syndrome or is mentally retarded or something....that's the only reason i could really think of them not allowing the baby to be seen....then later they will adopt a newer kid and pass the old Suri off to the state....I really wouldn't put it past him....He likes everything Beautiful and even if he doesn't have a movie to promote to keep his kid outta the spotlight, his own friends haven't seen this kid....that's funky.....I guess he feels some type of way since Nicole got married before he did (wuss)

Anonymous 4

Has Katie's parents seen the baby?....that would solve the mystery of it all. Afterall her parents are pretty no nonsense with regards to Tom. And if things were peculiar they would not stay silent. If they saw the baby then I suspect they don't want Suri to be exposed to the media and any nasty comments they'd make about Tom. Why would new parents want to put up with such horrible criticism right after the birth of their child?

JustAnotherMom

The side by sides are amazing. I would probably never had noticed the difference with out those. There is something amazingly wrong about it all.
I didn't even attempt to by clothes in my old size because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to fit in them for several months. Of coarse, I never did have the money to spend on clothes that I knew I wouldn't be wearing for months... that is just silly unless you are stupidly rich.
I get that they may want thier privacy, but they we the ones flawnting the pregnancy every chance they got (especially Tom) everywere they went, now all that we can do is speculate on if she even had the baby? Which I did look at the livejournal post that was in #11 comment made by MLC.. they do look like real strecth marks, but the thing I can't figure out is how long before that picture did she have the baby... my stretch marks didn't turn purple for a few months then they took what seemed like for ever to become an almost scar looking marks on my tummy.
So she might have had a child, but when, and were is it? Why would any good parent leave thier child in such an important developmental/bonding stage? Do they not want the poor child to not feel protected and loved? Parents that don't spend time with thier children end up not being loved by thier own children and they wonder why.
I still want to know if Katies parents have had time to bond with the new addition to the family.. Tom may not want them in Kates life any more, but they are still her parents and they have a right to see thier own granddaughter.
Tom could just fall off the face of the earth and Kate and her real family would be happier and we might just see her and the baby out. Tom needs to disappear.

JustAnotherMom

Sorry for the double post.. there are two names on this computer and they both start with J so I picked the first one.... I am JustAnotherMom here. JessicasMomma is a name I use for something else... not that any one cares. lol

Robin Foti

Well, having four children, what you wear can make a difference, and also the closer to giving birth, the baby drops lower as you reach the end!

Miera

The baby had probably dropped by the later picture. Speculation is more fun, though.

John

Look, the Bers (a real person I know) looked bigger at 8 months than just before she delivered. Why? Because just before she delivered, the baby moved from higher up in the belly to lower down in the pelvic area (the birth canal). This made it look like she lost weight and she even said she felt lighter. And for all those prosthesis buffs, Katie gained weight in her face, which is harder to fake. So, moral of the story - real baby, but paranoid Tom.

Michelle Calles

I agree that if the baby DOES exsist it will always have to deal with talk that it may not be Katie and Tom's biological child together. That's gonna hurt. And Tom and Katie are the cause of this. They are making more problems for this child in the long run. Lordy lordy... can someone please just break in to the house?! All these secrets have me annoyed.

snoozy

of course this baby is fake. tom has only one testicle and could never know Nic up yet suddenly, the world's greatest person and dad is suddenly having a baby with a girl he doesn't even know. That baby was all basketball and know that the lobotomy is over, Katie can just go about in a haze thinking "Suri,what's that? Obviously those weridos have been waiting for their space ship baby to be delivered by L.Ron and he must have got caught up in space travel on April 18, so they are jsut waiting for the ship to land with the perfect child of scientology for its king Tom and Katie can wander around 1/2 there agreeing with everyone for the public.

miller

I think Tom is not the father, she had the baby in February (Maybe in Tahiti or Australia) and pulled major strings to fake the April birth.

KTWeirdedOut

This is a bizarre story, but ... I don't remember the last time I heard a non-bizarre story about Tom Cruise. Katie Holmes has now become something of a freakshow along with the cruise-man. I bet she never thought that this would be the outcome (in terms of public opinion) when she first hooked up with him. She probably thought she would be a dark-haired version of Nicole Kidman, classy and soon- nominated for an Oscar. I think Katie sold out to get some fame. In that way, she's more like the husband in Rosemary's Baby.