The TomKat/Suri Conspiracy Timeline

7/12/2006 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's been 86 days since the birth of Suri Cruise -- and about a split-second since the latest conspiracy theory about Hollywood's most elusive baby.

New rumors surface by the hour -- that Tom and Katie are holding out for a better magazine photo deal, that Scientology is involved in the mystery, that Suri doesn't even exist!

So what has fueled the rumors? TMZ has created a timeline that may explain why Suri is becoming a national obsession.

Take a look at these pictures. On March 25, Katie, who was eight months pregnant at the time, looked ginormous. But then, on April 5, 13 days before she gave birth, Katie seemed to shrink.

And there's more.

We have video of Katie shopping at Barney's in Beverly Hills just days before her delivery. Katie spent hours inside on a wild shopping spree, and there's buzz that one of the items she purchased was a pair of size 26 Chip and Pepper jeans (which translate to a size 2) -- a bit odd for someone who had a long way to go to regain her figure.

And, of course, there was the never-ending public appearances by TomKat. The paparazzi followed them continent by continent, as the couple was bursting with joy over their impending arrival. But everything changed on April 18, with the birth of Suri.

These are the only images we could find of Katie post-pregnancy. And, of course, zilch on Suri.

And, as TMZ first reported, there are items of curiosity on Suri's birth certificate.

So you ask, why the conspiracy theories? As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

suricrusie

how about this - suri is a clone of either l. ron hubbard or tom cruise

they needed a young filly to incubate the "alien"

and now there is something wrong with the clone - like there is something wrong with all clones

katie was brainwashed - she was young and someone she worshiped said he loved her

Jess

As much as I think the TomKat thing is very odd, I really do believe that they had a baby. The poor girl has the new mom look. Dark circles, tired, stretch marks. I remember seeing a pic of her with part of her nursing bra showing. Suri is only a couple of months old she doesnt need to be paraded out in public with a mob of people following (remember the Brit episodes!). Besides I am sure their home is big enough to take a stroll without leaving the property. Who knows maybe Katie has a little post partum and we all know how Tom feels about that!! We'll get pics of her floating around eventually.

ohmyversace

Maybe she never even gave birth. My friend said unless she saw Katie naked she would never believe that she was pregnant. The first pictures we saw of her being pregnant, in the blue silk top, her tummy looked a lot like those prosthetic tummy's you see when people on TV shows are pregnant. And why did they get a friend to sing the birth certificate, and also why was it filed one month after she gave birth? If you ask me the whole thing is weird. In Tom's two previous marriages he never had children.

phyllis

Maybe Tom has finally come to the realization that he should have married Katie before she had the baby. And then again maybe he like most of the other movie stars is out looking for someone else to carry on with. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. He sure did act goofy a few months ago, now he can't be seen hardly anywhere.

rlh

MR posted at 9:04...Tom's a freak and ya'll know it. I never liked him for some reason. He always rubbed me the wrong way. Katie's a fool.

That's the most intelligent post I've seen so far....you are so right MR, he is a freak, he always has been and always will be. As for Katie, she's a brainwashed fool.

stacy

I know when I was pregant the LAST thing I wanted to do was go out shopping at that stage of the game! It is all just a little to weird.

sean

this is as good as when orson welles duped the nation that halloween with martians invading the nation! if this is a ruse, then tommy has just for-sure torpedoed his career!

marketta

I hate Tom Cruise. With three oldr brothers in Scientology for the past twenty some years, nothing surprises me about why baby, Suri, is not being shown to the public. Scientology is a BIG secretive, money hungry, egotistical power cult. They believe everyone who is not a Scientologist is a surpressive person (SP) and mentally disturbed. Maybe Tommy thinks the public may harm Suri's fragilebrain before she is brainwashed in the Scientology doctrine.

Sillyme

why bring the kid out? disturb suri, expose her?.. Just quietly take pictures of her at home.. duh!!

Reveur

Katie is clearly pregnant on March 25th. The baby has dropped and she has the posture normal for that time. If the other two pictures were taken after March 25th, then something is clearly wrong. She does not walk or stand like a woman ready to deliver in those photos.
Why would they want us to think she was still preggers?

SuriNotTom's

I think one thing that's weird is that Chris Klein said that while he and Katie were dating for those 5 years they "never had sex", but when she meets Tom she gets pregnant by him with in months... Somebodys lying here... This is the strangest couple/story...

Penny

The photos speak for themself. I have two kids and I don't recall getting smaller as the months went on like it seems Katie did. But I can't help thinking about a few things. No. 1, wasn't there a rumor that Tom couldn't have children and that's why he and Nicole adopted. No. 2, it seems to me that if there wasn't actually a "baby" don't you think that the older two children would have already told Nicole and she would take them away from Tom because he's a psycho. Or maybe she is just too caught up in her own new marriage to care. No. 3, I think Tom and Katie have a deal that if she goes along with this charade (sp) he will make her a big star. No. 4, what new mother doesn't sign their own child's birth certificate. There is no way in hell I would let a friend sign for me. Seems like he is going to ALOT of trouble to prove that he is not gay.

Barbara

The two side by side pictures don't bother me because of the way Katie is standing in the first picture. She has her back really swayed so it makes her belly stick out more. The size 2 jeans could be for a sister or friend or for later.

Cruise has gotten so weird that it is hard to say what he is trying to pull off. There is no reason for "a friend" to fill out a birth certificate. You can take the certificate home and fill it out and send it in. I don't think that certificate is real. I just wonder if something happened to the baby after she was born and she isn't even living now.

It would be pretty bogus on Tom's part to make a baby up. Maybe he is keeping her hidden for attention though as that is something that he seems to have a need for. Maybe he likes knowing that everyone is wondering if she is real and why they don't show a picture of her. At least it keeps Tiny Tom's name in the mags. He is so Mental.

OOOOH What a Day

Yup Yup #3 (Hippo)
That was the very first thing i thought watching the video, she moved with such ease while shopping no waddle which im sure most of us who have been there know only too well the waddle....and when she was sitting in chair she move really easy which is almost impossible at that stage of pregonisss (lol) most of us need a crane to get us out of the sitting position...and i only gain 23 lbs ( on a 5 ft frame of normal weight of 105). Pretty creepy the whole thing, and the 5 min public bathroom stunt (whatever they were doing in there...lol) they wouldnt be if she had really just had a baby :)

Elvis

This whole Tomkat story was strange from the get go. I thinks its all a big publicity stunt. No one can go from being 8 months pregnant then almost nothing and buyin size 2 jeans? Come now, do they think we're stupid?