Celebrity Family Feuds

7/15/2006 11:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Everybody fights with their families - even celebrities. And while forgetting to call home may upset your mom, it won't land you on the cover of magazines next to Nicole Richie's latest missed meal.
Celebrity Family Feuds

Unfortunately, the big stars don't have that same luxury.

TMZ tracked down some of Hollywood's biggest family feuds that could give "Kramer vs. Kramer" a run for its money.

Angelina Jolie vs. Jon Voight

Angelina JolieIn 2001, Angelina Jolie co-starred with her dad, Jon Voight, in the hit film "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider." By 2002 they were no longer on speaking terms.

Voight went on national television and blamed the split on what he says were Jolie's "serious emotional problems." Jolie countered "I have determined that it is not healthy for me to be around my father, especially now that I am responsible for my own child (Maddox)."

She eventually legally dropped the 'Voight' from her last name.

Earlier this week Voight admitted that he still wants to reconcile with his daughter and that he has yet to see his new granddaughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt.

It seems Jolie's main man Brad Pitt may need to get involved in order to settle this Hollywood Fight Club.

Tori Spelling vs. Candy Spelling

Tori Spellin Ever since Aaron Spelling's death in June, Tori Spelling and her mother Candy have been involved in a catty and public exchange of words.

Tori first heard the news of her father's death via a friend's email and told Us Weekly "I can't believe my mom didn't call me!" Tori revealed she had only seen her father once since last September allegedly because she was unhappy that Candy was spending time with Mark Abramson, a longtime family friend, while Aaron's health deteriorated.

In response to Tori's interview in Us Weekly, Candy and Tori's brother Randy issued a statement saying "We are deeply saddened that, during our time of loss and grief, we are forced to respond to the media frenzy caused by the mean-spirited and surprising comments made by Tori to the press, just two days after the passing of Aaron."

Tori has also denied rumors that her estrangement from her parents had anything to do with her divorce from Charlie Shanian and subsequent marriage to actor Dean McDermott or her VH1 family-mocking series "so noTORIous."

Stay tuned for further developments in the 9021-Uh Oh.

Jennifer Aniston vs. Nancy Aniston

Jennifer Aniston severed her relation with her mother, Nancy, after she gossiped about her on a tabloid TV show and wrote the revealing book "From Mother and Daughter to Friends: A Memoir."

The rift ran so deep that Jennifer didn't even invite Nancy to her 2000 wedding to Brad Pitt. In 2004, Jennifer said "I never thought my mom would not know my husband."

Nancy may not have gotten to know Brad but he was partly responsible for bringing mom and daughter back together. Jennifer said that in the aftermath of her breakup from Pitt she and her mother mended their strained relationship. In 2005 Jennifer told "Good Morning America" "It was the time, and it was going to happen when it was supposed to happen. So this is good."

Now that Brad is out of the picture, it's good to see Jen and her mom are back to being 'Friends.'

Julia Roberts vs. Eric Roberts

Julia RobertsThe "Pretty Woman" and her brother Eric Roberts became estranged when Julia took Eric's ex-girlfriend's, Kelly Cunningham's, side in the couple's bitter custody battle over daughter Emma in 1993.

Ironically, as one child tore the siblings apart, another two helped reunite them.

In 2004, Eric visited Julia in the hospital after giving birth to her twins Phinnaeus and Hazel. Eric told PEOPLE "We all dropped a couple of tears" and everything is back on track.

Lindsay Lohan vs. Michael Lohan

Lindsay Lohan Michael Lohan has had more run-ins with the law than his daughter Lindsay's had boyfriends. He's been arrested for everything from attacking a sanitation worker and assaulting his brother-in-law to drunk driving. These incidents were especially troubling as they occurred as Lindsay's career continued on it's meteoric rise to teen queen stardom. Things were further strained by Michael's nasty divorce to Lindsay's mom Dina. Michael even wanted Lindsay's fortunes considered a marital asset in the divorce but the request was denied.

Lindsay documented her relationship with her estranged dad in the song "Confessions of a Broken Heart (Father to Daughter)." In the song Lindsay sings "If you loved us, why did you do all these things." To make it even more personal, Lindsay directed the video and cast her 11-year-old sister Ali as a younger version of herself.

Michael responded to the video with a song of his own which said "I do admit, I did at times fall. But these things you know were due to "THEM."

With Michael serving time in a NY state prison and Lindsay shuttling cross-country from hotspot to hotspot, it looks like they are both spending their time apart behind bars.

LongCoolWomanInABlackDress

Any woman that would have sexual relations with her brother needs some kind of help. Yes Angelina, I'm talking about you.
CJ

me

Posted at 11:57AM on Jul 15th 2006 by leeann
-----------------------------------------------
It would make sense what you're saying BUT would you like your father totally ignoring your adopted children????

JV, refers to Maddox & Zahara as "the other" children....NEVER asked AJ to meet them and now just because Shiloh is a bio-kid he "LOVES" being a grandfather????

HE HAS BEEN ONE SINCE 2000-2001!!!!!

I don't know if he's a racist or just stupid...but hey...maybe is both!

me

Posted at 12:37PM on Jul 15th 2006 by Coco
---------------------------
LMAO!!!! that is the funniest thing I've read in AGES.....JENNIFFER ANISTON NOT A PEOPLE USER....LOL....LMAO.....LOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

me

Posted at 2:55PM on Jul 15th 2006 by Sidney Australia
--------------------------------------------
mmmm....maybe Nanch A. and John V. should get together...they sound like a match made in HELL....both airing their kids dirty laundry....no wonder

lea

To #49 by me:
I'm not 100% postitive but I'm pretty sure Jon Voight and Angelinga reconciled while making Tomb Raider in Cambodia...during which was meeting and making arrangements to adopt Maddox. Jon Voight, back in the US, said during an interview that she had adopted him, but Angelina hadn't made it public yet. He also said "no...I didn't see him yet, but I'm looking forward to meeting my grandson.."
I really don't think Jon was trying to steal Angelina's thunder, but apparently that's how she took it and the two have been on the outs since. I think he was making attempts to contact her but she cut him out of her life. I think.....

Meg

I think what everyone should remember is that no one knows the whole story but the people involved and that we shouldn't judge them on what little we do know when half of it might not even be true. As for Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston; if their relationship with one of thier parents was causing them nothing but emotional pain then maybe for their own sake it was the right choice to cut off all ties.

kim

ok 18 i try break it down jolies "dad is no father and since you can't pick your parents why bother having people who have caused you pain to be allowedto cause pain to your family ( ie when we grow up or kids and husband ,wife whatever you chose are your family.

Leanna

"Tori revealed she had only seen her father once since last September allegedly because she was unhappy that Candy was spending time with Mark Abramson, a longtime family friend, while Aaron's health deteriorated." (from the article)

So, because she was mad at her mother, she couldn't be bothered seeing her ailing father? Yeah Tori, makes sense.

Linda

I like both Angelina and Jennifer....who doesn't have problems with their families from time to time...sometimes you make up and sometimes you don't..it is an individual thing.
I do feel in Angelina's case that her father may have been sexually abusive with her when she was a child and she is only now getting away from him...many children that had sexual abuse in their lives were cutters and had other problems...Angelina used to be a cutter ... I hope her children are never anywhere near him if that is the case!
I hope Angie and Brad and their family can dump the papparazzi and live in peace and I hope that Jen and Vince have a happy marriage and lots of happy kids. I also hope that it's not true about Brad not wanting his mom to talk to Jen..cause that is her business who she talk to and doesn't talk to...as long as they don't badmouth Angelina then it's o.k.
Even Jen said that everyone wants to believe that Angie/Brad and herself are in this big cat fight with each other but she says that it is not true and she wants Brad to be happy....because she is happy now too...
About Jens mother...what she did was wrong..with her book about Jen..she seems like a jealous person...but even with that Jen said that she made up with her mom.

I wish them all the best.

cheryl

Angelina needs to get over her father's past statement..For God's sake, he has certainly apologized enough ! He shouldn't be denied the right to be a Grandfather to his three grandchildren !! We all make mistakes and open our mouths when we shouldn't....She should be thankful that she has a father to lean on and talk with, that truely loves her and those kids !

Fingerupmearse

I think Angelina has every right to hold her father at a distant; it's nonsense to expect her to invite what is ostensibly a stranger into her midst after such a cowardly statement. Maybe he should get some counciling if he thinks such hurtful and public comments are the route to reconciliation. Besides, Angelina's relationship with her father can't be estranged because for the most part, other than blood, it is non-existent.

Jeri

I think Jon did not like Angelina adopting children from other countries. Why would he say his daughter has mental problem right before she adopted if it was not because he did not like her adpoting from Cambodia. He also said I cannot wait to meet my new grandchild but has never mentioned Zahara. I would be mad at him too. His comment was over the top and could have cost her Maddox. Jennifers mom was trying to steal her daughter lime light. She is a has been actress why would I buy her book so she adds her daughter life to her book and it sells. I would not talk to her either. It is not like these parents forgot their birthday they have real beefs and if they let them back in, they will cause more problems. Nancy has already done a interview that Jennifer has called her. Give me a break.

CHERYL TATE

I DO NOT LIKE THE WAY BRAD PITT DID JENNIFER, AND GOT WITH THE OTHER WOMAN. HE SHOULD BE ASHAM OF HIS SELF. HE GOES ON OPRAH AND ACT LIKE HE LOVES JENNIFER AND THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW HE IS WITH THE OTHER WOMAN. HE MUST NOT CHAISHE HIS WEDDING VOWS.

mcc

she is not speaking to her dad because he cheated on her mom?
she is being hypocritical!
she got involved with Pitt while he was still married!

BRAVO PARIS

JENNIFER ANISTON IS GORGEOUS!!!!

WIDE HOLE VANGELINA IS UGLY AS HELL!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments