McConaughey's Car on eBay

7/19/2006 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey / CorvetteIf you're in the market for a 1971 Corvette convertible you might want to check out Matthew McConaughey's eBay listing.

Matthew McConaughey has put his '71 Vette on the auction block for a good cause. Matthew found the car at a car show back in 1998. At the show's end he was the proud owner of the mediterranean blue muscle car that Matthew says is " ... for me it's the quintessential, bare bones, badass American sports car."

Matthew will donate 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the vehicle to Oprah Winfrey's Angel Network's Hurricane Katrina and Rita recovery efforts. "I am fortunate enough to have everything I need, and the sale of it will help so many" McConaughey writes on the auction site.

WVRICK

I will buy the car if it includes a date with Matthew.

j

he's doing something to help people ; only in the good ol' USA would you be picked on for being a good person. You guys are losers. Some one said all he would help is one or two hundred. It's more than you are helping, asshole.

heeler mama

People say silly things when they are green and jealous. Whatever happen to , if you can't say something nice, say nothing.... Rock on Matthew, atleast you are spending time trying to help others less fortunate.

Marie

I think Matt is gorgeous. The negative compents are from the ugly jealous guys- get over it, hes amazingly hot.

ef

"all is fine with being nice and Mr Charmy...all is just cool and fantastic...the annoying thing is what he says : "I am fortunate enough to have everything I need, and the sale of it will help so many" --so pliz my dear Matthew HOW many ppl u gonna help with this sale?? HOW MANY? one hundred?? two??? "

solo,
he's gonna help a lot more people than you. how many cars have you donated? you are a d u m b a s s to the nth degree.

a beautiful gal outside boston

Matthew McConaughey is adorable.
He can do anything he wants, so leave him alone. (;o)

(Besides, Harlot...I mean..Scarlot : yer spellin sux!)

Sivvybee

Man...what a nice car. Wish I had the $$ to buy it. Maybe I can find a similar one that's cheaper and not owned by a celeb!

jolie fan

What Matthew is doing is a very good thing. I doubt very much if he is doing it as a publicity stunt. I think the people that criticize celebrities for the good they do are trying to make themselves feel better for the good they never do. I would rather see a celebrity donate money for publicity than not at all. To those of you who don`t feel he is giving enough, add to it. Or better yet match it. And by the way, we all make spelling and punctuation errors. It is easy to do when you`re in a hurry. This is not an assay, nor is it a thesees, or a spel be, or a tist,or an xam. lol. sorry I got carried away!

Drey

I'd buy it just for the DNA he left behind ;-) They don't make guys, er, cars like that anymore. Shame shame.

Jennifer

Ok guys, Do you REALLY think Matthew is hurting for money ? I mean COME ON, you think he is after the TAX BREAK ? He is just trying to do something nice for people less fortunate. ( Those less fortunates SHOULD have gotten thier ass's OUT of New Orleans..we have ALL known down South all of our lives what would happen if a hurricane of that magnitude hit New orleans..only people that are not from around here were surprised.) I went Thru Katrina and didn't get a DIME from anyone ... maybe Matthew could auction the car and help people like me and my family, WHO WORK and got the SHAFT after Katrina out..LOL Just a thought , but all in all cut him a break he is doing more than some and his intentions are good. Broke In Alabama

Deb

My daughter and I helped the Katrina victims ourselves at a time when we were going through alot of loss ourselves.
She is just now getting her license in Sept. and has ALWAYS... and you can ask anyone, always wanted a blue corvette. I can't think of a better cause. We lost our house, cars, dogs ..and she still has an optimistic outlook towards life.
THINK ABOUT IT MATHEW......There isn't a better cause ! P.S. She is also a big fan !

jennifer

If I had the money I'd buy it, what a great car from one hunk of a man. You people dogging on him, thinking he's doing it for publicity are just jealous. Get a life!

Sammy

All those negatives sound like somebody got up on the wrong side of an all too often empty bed! With a little more effort and a little less whining maybe you too could make a positive contribution. Or maybe not!

PJ

i THINK IT IS WONDERFUL THAT HE IS DOING IT. WHY IS EVERYONE BEING SO RUDE THAT HE IS TRYING TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP HIS FELLOW MAN.

Donna

WHAT IS WRONG W/ ALL YOU LOSERS, IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE ABOUT THE GUY......LEAVE HIM ALONE........WHAT HAVE ANY OF YOU MEAN TALKING PEOPLE DONE?? GET A LIFE

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments