Matt's Friends Are Sick of the Paparazzi

7/24/2006 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey just can't seem to do any physical activity without the paparazzi catching his every movement on tape, and this past Sunday was no exception.

Hard-body McConaughey was out jogging on a strip of Malibu beach as multiple photographers were on hand. During Matt's workout his friends didn't approve of the constant snap shots of their famous friend and took matters into their own hands by targeting a paparazzo and launching water balloons as the man armed with a camera retreated down the beach.

Unfortunately for Matt's buddies, the water bomb campaign was in vain as most of the balloons broke before they were launched in the air.

Bob in Austin

Matt knows exactly what he is doing and where he is running - his PR folks LOVE this free publiciy. It's all planned and working very well. They are trying to build up his masculine image - probbably to get him a part in some project they are interested in.

Beach Local

I heard a 'rumor' that Ben A. and Jennifer G. were buying a pad in San Clemente around the Talega area.... Hmmm...

get a life people

Poor guy can't even workout without being stalked....But he sure is fine!!!!!!!!!

No legs in Texas :(

I hope the paparazzi don't mess with Mattew and I when we try and get our party on.

jennifer

he is such a fox, i think i want to fly to ca-malibu just to drool...

monica

San Clemente is perfectly nice the way it is lets have the Hollyweirdos stay up north.

Lisa

Hilda,

You will have to come to my house to find Matt. But, I won't answer the door...... ;-) i'll be busy.

carmen

I'M FROM CHICAGO, BUT I LOVE SAN CLEMENTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carmen

If he feels like being in Malibu, well damn it, he is entitled to it without being photog'd as he makes his every move. I'm for his buddies sticking up for him.

Robert Dutton

He hates the press so much and does not want to be photograhed so he goes for a run on one of the most populated beaches in the world come on he has many friends that have private beaches so why go there

valerie

I second that comment........those stars love every bit of the attention they get, even when they have to complain about it. And when they are left alone, they will always act-up just to get back into the headlines.

karen

I like this guy. But, come on...... he has been on this beaches along time. What would be worse an 8:00 to 5:00 job or someone taking your picture all day why you play?????

tina

for all of you who are putting him down for running in public you can't match him. he can run where ever he wants. we all have rights. but the papparazzi makes money on the photos at matt's expense. he is truly the hottest. you people are just envious. just like the how brittiany is treated mind your own. we have amendments. if it was you you would feel the same way. get a grip. matt keep doing what you are doing love ya

Maria

I love Matt, hes sooooo hot

Renee Stearns

WELL DONE GUYS!!!!!!!. I've had a lot of fun with balloon launchers. I really don't feel that the guys were that upset about the photographers. I think that they needed a good laugh and Matt was the bait. This way you can safely attack these poor excuse of a photographer without fear of charges being brought against you. I wish I could have been there. It's not often you can launch ballons at strangers and have them run from you. LOL
ps next time use less water in the balloons so they don't break so quickly and get plenty of pics of their expression to post online. Turn about fair play.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments