Lance Bass

Out of the Closet

7/26/2006 11:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lance Bass says he's gay and in a stable relationship with a reality show star.

Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 9.26.36 AM

Over the last few months, TMZ shot video of Bass and "Amazing Race" winner Reichen Lehmkuhl, and although there was a buzz the two were a couple, they went to considerable lengths not to be seen in the same shot. In one video, as they walked through a park in New York together and saw the cameras, they immediately separated.

Now, Bass reveals to People he is indeed gay and in a "very stable" relationship with Lehmkuhl.

Bass told People that he feared coming out while he was in the boy band 'N Sync because he felt "it would overpower everything."

The 27-year-old Bass, a Baptist, has already told his friends and his "shocked" family, according to the magazine.

Bass now says he's at peace with himself.

TONY69

IM 58 AND KNEW I WAS GAY AT 7,LOVED MEN HOLDING ME IN THIER LAPS...LANCE ALWAYS HAD THOSE STARING GAY EYES. ALL THE GAY WOLRD KNEW HE'S A QUEEN! SO WHAT?

stupidpeople

This is crazy. How is Lance proud and happy that he's walking down the street with a gay man? He needs to give back all the money he made and turn himself in to the local police....And to think .. Lance dressed up in a banana suit 3 weeks ago on cbs..Talk about art imitating life. Lmao , lance is happy? There's nothing cool about taking it in the rear.

somewhat maniacal

i always knew there was at least one pole smoker in that group. it's so cathartic as a rock and metal guy to see these pop icons go wacko or in this case, faggo. i come home from work and hear about things like this, it makes my day to say the least.

Chucknwoofie

ROFLMAO #3, momma!!! here's what she says: 3. WOW! Imagine that! I was so shocked to hear the news.
Yawn!
Wait one more time, Yawn!
Oh and again, Yawn! -
too, too funny! i agree!!!

Chucknwoofie

To #76........EWWWWWWWWWW!!! "KNEW I WAS GAY AT 7,LOVED MEN HOLDING ME IN THIER LAPS" TMI did you get a baby boner when grandpa and daddy held you in their laps? go back IN the closet!

Lance K.

Please Lance, give me a break. Go ahead and Pimp out your next project but don't make this seem like news. And really, do you really think that you being Gay would have hurt N'Sync. You already stuck out like a sore thumb. Everyone knew anyway even when you had that shame relationship with the girl from Boys Meet World.

Whatever

That was nice of him to think of the other people in the band and put thier happiness over his own. Too bad their are so many close-minded people in the world that he just couldn't be himself from the start! Good luck Lance!

sean

bitch get your fuckin hands off my camera or i'll break your fuckin arms. the streets are free. i can film whomever i damn-well please. btw, you make a very unconvincing beard.

John

That was wierd! The commerical they showed before the video was:

"Fruit 2.0" water.

Hmmmmm. I swear to God this is true.

lane

wow aren't all those guys gay?

deano

i knew he played the skin flute years ago..

Sheldon

I'm so happy for Lance. Best wishes for the future

Dawn

I wonder if he is a top or a bottom hahaha

Kristin

I always knew that there was something up with Lance. I guess N'Sync won the competition against backstreet for whos gayer. I like LOVED him in second grade so now I'm like WHAT?!?!?!!?!?

Amanda

I'm so very happy for Lance. You religious freaks and homophobes need to go take a hike with your disgusting comments... I mean, you can NOT love all people AND be against homosexuality. That's impossible! It cannot happen! WAY TO GO LANCE! I wish you both all of the happiness and success that life can bring to you. You deserve it. You shouldn't have to hide who and what you really are. More power to you. :)