Lance Bass

Out of the Closet

7/26/2006 11:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lance Bass says he's gay and in a stable relationship with a reality show star.

Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 9.26.36 AM

Over the last few months, TMZ shot video of Bass and "Amazing Race" winner Reichen Lehmkuhl, and although there was a buzz the two were a couple, they went to considerable lengths not to be seen in the same shot. In one video, as they walked through a park in New York together and saw the cameras, they immediately separated.

Now, Bass reveals to People he is indeed gay and in a "very stable" relationship with Lehmkuhl.

Bass told People that he feared coming out while he was in the boy band 'N Sync because he felt "it would overpower everything."

The 27-year-old Bass, a Baptist, has already told his friends and his "shocked" family, according to the magazine.

Bass now says he's at peace with himself.

Uh?

Is there any way that Lance can get back into the closet?

brenda

i wasn't a great nsync fan but watching them through the years, is lance jealous of jt? when jt started his first solo album, lance had plans for flying outerspace. then now, jt has a new album coming out, lance announces he's gay.... is he trying to catch attention??????

Ashley

I had a feeling. Because any guy I ever think is hot..turns out gay. lol. I was little when they first came out so I really had no idea til lately. I started putting it together. I'm happy for him and wish him a great life.

Ann in Dubuque

Number 13 you made me laugh out loud and I damn near fell off the chair! Thanks!

Too bad! Lance was the only good looking one in the group. Seems like all the good ones are either taken or gay :)

cj

I'm sure coming out , as someone famous, is not easy. He has a lot of guts and deserves to be happy.

Jane

Good for him! In this day and age, does anyone really care who's gay and who isn't? Live and let live!

MARIA

My gaydar is super fine tuned.. I knew a long time ago!! But why hide it ? Life is too short to worry about how others perceive you...Everyone should be proud of who they are and screw those who say otherwise!!!

Sara

I was shocked i guess because he was my favortie back when Nsync was together!!! but i guess i am happy that he doesnt have to hide anymore but ya......i hope he has a happy life!!!

Marquis

I'm not terribly shocked. I'm very happy for him.

c.f.s

elvis has been dead 30 years and i think he is still r c a's #1 selling record artist! this whole world is going to hell in a hand basket and you think anyone gives a rat's a** that this homo is gay! in about another week if you would not have brought this up there would have been around 3 people on the planet that new who in-stink even was!!!!! next i guess you'll be reporting what there favorite positions are and who plays the female during sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadia

I knew it all along.

rozz

He was on Kathy Griffith's show half of last season, that pretty much confirmed any suspicions right there...

Jessica

oh my god!!! a gay n'sync member!! what a surprise!!! i never saw this coming!!! oh please!! but at least he finally came out and its good that he did that but come on! it wasnt a secret 2 anyone!

jodi

WAY TO GO LANCE, I STILL LOVE YA. YOU ARE A GREAT GUY, BYE BYE BYE

carrie

z z z z z z z z z z z z......huh ? what ? you woke me to tell me that ?? what a snoozefest !!