Mel Gibson

Busted for DUI

7/28/2006 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson BustedMel Gibson was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in Malibu, Calif. early this morning for suspicion of DUI. Bail was set at $5,000.

He was pulled over for speeding in his 2006 Lexus as he was heading eastbound on the Pacific Coast Highway and a Breathalyzer test was administered. The arrest report lists the time of arrest as 2:36AM and the time booked as 4:06AM. Gibson was released at 9:45 a.m.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Country Sheriff's Department told TMZ, "Mel Gibson was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was released later this morning. The investigation was still ongoing, just like it would be with any other person."

A rep for Gibson tells TMZ they are "checking into" the matter.

EXCLUSIVE UPDATE: A sheriff's official told TMZ Gibson had a blood alcohol level of .12. The legal limit in the state of California is .08.

UPDATE 9:15 p.m. Explosive new details in this case! Click here.

Joshua Bermann

Hello I am Deaf Jewish guy from Rochester, New York, I do really hate Mel Gibson for his action of anti-Semitism toward the Jewish community. Therefore, there is no way for Mel Gibson to say his apologize to the Jewish community for his behavior of Anti-Semitism toward the Jews. Therefore, he is a true anti-Semitism because he did that several times in his life time included his father was one who really hated the Jews. Therefore, he is hated the Jews too.

However, when he was drunk that time, he expressed his true feeling toward the police officer about how he is really hated about the Jews. Again, there are obviously that he is a true anti-Semitism period. I pray that the Jewish community will not forgive him for his action of anti-Semitism toward the Jewish community period!

Joshua Bermann

Whatever

Mel is an ugly dog. He needs to wash his foul mouth out with soap and get a life.

U Know Who

Passion Of The Booze - Starring Mel Gibson

Oopsie doodle..I'm a celebrity jackass endangering the lives of innocent human beings..Ahh well Yes , Yes I am.

BlackMetal

mlc31

Hope he had his priest with him to hear his confession:) Typical religious nutbag

Wayne Campbell

Big deal, who really gives a crap. Hope he had a good time before he was pulled over. $5000.00 is nothing to Mel, he will spend twice that to have it overturned.

Jim

Like his Australian brethren AC/DC would say, "Have a drink on me"

Rick

Who cares what he does on his own time, it wouldnt surprise me if it wasn't a setup by someone to try and make him look bad for the media .

Girl

Well we all make mistakes, thats why the Lord is SO FORGIVING!!! Get up off of him!!!

Nancy

I think Jesus would say, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

Joan

I don't know what is going on with Mel Gibson lately, but I think he is in midlife crisis. He has been doing some pretty strange things and I truly feel sorry for his family. His movies that he is producing and directing have shown him to be somewhat of a religious fanatic. Too bad he seems to have gone off the deep end.

Mort

I knew it! He was drunk when he made that movie. What a Jerk.

zb

Mel Gibson is an extremely fortunate individual with fame and wealth. However I will share this with you. My mother, at the age of 29 was killed by a drunk driver. That was 1966. The man was a military official and was never charged. She left behind, 4 daughters ages 3,5, 10 and 13. Our lives were forever changed. I do not have and will never have empathy, or sympathy for any individual who gets behind the wheel of any vehicle when they have been drinking. Even one drink can impare your judgement. In most cases the driver is not hurt, but the innocent victims in the other vehicles or his own vehicle are hurt or killed. These are senceless acts and I believe stiff penalties should be imposed.

Peggy Paulino

key word here - SUSPICION. If everyone was as quick to believe the Bible as what the media writes, wow, a better world this would be

Shannon

What he does on his time is his business-he's only human too. :-)

yea. w/e

Are you people kidding me? So big deal, Mel got a dui!
Why all the hate? For one, it isn't any of our business in the first place, and why talk about him like he just butchered his family.

I do not agree with drinking and driving but, it happens, OFTEN. He is human just like everyother offender.

You talk about how it took to long to get him to the station. Believe me, I am shocked the officer actually took him. Obviously he wasn't star struck, but he did give the rest of the world something to talk about. Wouldn't want your lives to be so empty.