Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade

Alleged Cover Up

7/28/2006 10:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

gibson_exclusive_wi_2-1TMZ has learned that Mel Gibson went on a rampage when he was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunk driving, hurling religious epithets. TMZ has also learned that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps.

TMZ has four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case, L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee. According to the report, Gibson became agitated after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway and told he was to be detained for drunk driving Friday morning in Malibu. The actor began swearing uncontrollably. Gibson repeatedly said, "My life is f****d." Law enforcement sources say the deputy, worried that Gibson might become violent, told the actor that he was supposed to cuff him but would not, as long as Gibson cooperated. As the two stood next to the hood of the patrol car, the deputy asked Gibson to get inside. Deputy Mee then walked over to the passenger door and opened it. The report says Gibson then said, "I'm not going to get in your car," and bolted to his car. The deputy quickly subdued Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car.

TMZ has learned that Deputy Mee audiotaped the entire exchange between himself and Gibson, from the time of the traffic stop to the time Gibson was put in the patrol car, and that the tape fully corroborates the written report.

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the f*** do you think you're doing?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "f****d" he was and how he was going to "f***" Deputy Mee.

Gibson was put in a cell with handcuffs on. He said he needed to urinate, and after a few minutes tried manipulating his hands to unzip his pants. Sources say Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to urinate on the floor of the booking cell and asked someone to take Gibson to the bathroom.

After leaving the bathroom, Gibson then demanded to make a phone call. He was taken to a pay phone and, when he didn't get a dial tone, we're told Gibson threw the receiver against the phone. Deputy Mee then warned Gibson that if he damaged the phone he could be charged with felony vandalism. We're told Gibson was then asked, and refused, to sign the necessary paperwork and was thrown in a detox cell.

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing Gibson's rampage and comments. Sources say the sergeant on duty felt it was too "inflammatory." A lieutenant and captain then got involved and calls were made to Sheriff's headquarters. Sources say Mee was told Gibson's comments would incite a lot of "Jewish hatred," that the situation in Israel was "way too inflammatory." It was mentioned several times that Gibson, who wrote, directed, and produced 2004's "The Passion of the Christ," had incited "anti-Jewish sentiment" and "For a drunk driving arrest, is this really worth all that?"

We're told Deputy Mee was then ordered to write another report, leaving out the incendiary comments and conduct. Sources say Deputy Mee was told the sanitized report would eventually end up in the media and that he could write a supplemental report that contained the redacted information -- a report that would be locked in the watch commander's safe.

Initially, a Sheriff's official told TMZ the arrest occurred "without incident." On Friday night, Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told TMZ: "The L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigation into the arrest of Mr. Gibson on suspicion of driving under the influence will be complete and will contain every factual piece of evidence. Nothing will be sanitized. There was absolutely no favoritism shown to this suspect or any other. When this file is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, it will contain everything. Nothing will be left out."

On Saturday, Gibson released the following statement:

"After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the LA County Sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person. I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said. Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

Click to see portions of the original report.

Comments updated 7/30/2006 12:15 pm EST

Nico Sneako

Daym, I thought that blacks had some issues with random hatred from people who had no reason but Jews have this hidden movement of hate against them that is very covered up but is very real. Now, Mel Gibson is getting defended by every white racist hillbilly like Dr Phil Mcgraw who says that you cant judge a man by one comment made about Jews on side of the road?? Well, does that fat country bama also knows that 2 years ago Mel Gibson said that the Holocaust never happened? So, ignorance and hatred is a trend with Mel Gibson. I think Oprah should have thought twice before putting Phil McGraw on the airwaves becuase eventualy a racist true colors will come out and other racist will defend them. Now, Harvey Levine is a contributor to racism against blacks-beucase when he is going after Michael Jackson or a black celebrity-it's a bloodlust unending drive to destroy a person of color but now that it is Mel Gibson-I dont see the same determination to run this story by Mr. Harvey. I cant say too much bad about the Jews in the U.S., it was U.S. Jews that saved thousands of black Africans in the Sudan and Ethiopia when they were going to be killed by those Muslims and so called Christians -what has Mel Gibson ever done to help anyone but himself? There can also be no denying the fact that if a black or hispanic man would have bloted from a cop-they would have been shot and killed and nobody in America can so otherwise with straight face.

B. Brown

Even though you call yourself a Christian, if your heart is not right, then you are still that same evil sinful person. But when you except Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, their is a change in your life and a change in your heart, because you have excepted Christ, the old man is gone, behold all things are new. Jesus said if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly father will also forgive you. but if you don't then He want forgive you. What Mel said was wrong, but if you look in the Word, what comes out of the mouth whether sober or straight, that is whats in your heart and only Jesus can fix it, the tongue can no man tame.

Darrell Young

I understand you are trying to get the video and audio tapes of Mel Gibson's arrest, this is totally wrong, be a christian forgive the man, why are you trying to persecute him. I know it makes for good news, but God is man's only judge, so unless TMZ is above God, you should just leave it alone. read your bible and pray for Mel, do you think God would want you to try to destroy a human for one mistake, like you all at TMZ are all perfect and without sin. before you post the audio and video, if you happen to obtain it, why dont you post all of the TMZ personells sins on video and audio for us to see. God is our judge, you must stop trying to promote hate, that does not cure anything but bring more hate, so if you are a person of faith, then think about what your doing.

Squeegy

Hey guys
Come On'..... I geuss nobody here posting or in the entire world has made an a** of themselves while being drunk! So yah maybe he should be persecuted.
Listen guys plain and simple, like Biggie smalls used to sing... Mo money, more problems.
Either way no one is perfect. Let's give the guy a break!
He obviously has a lot of demons that he needs to battle for his own reasons, so
let's leave it alone. If anything the police did there duty but totally eploited a movie star. If it had been you or me, nom one would be the wiser!
So you see, everyone is not perfect...... Shame on Mel, shame on the police.
LET"S MOVE ON!!!!!!!!
Squeegy

uprising

Religion is bad for society.
It creates separatism in our society. Just read the posts on this blog. A war is starting to brew between the religious fanatics.

Do you see how war starts now? This blog is a perfect example.

To bad Mel did not say. "F*ck religion! It creates war!"

It is so old school to think that one God created the Earth...So simple minded. Did you go to school?

Science has factual evidence of the creation of our planet.

Our planet was was not created in 7 days. Someday we will understand more. Give science more credit or are you so stupid and brain washed by religion?

I do not believe in any religion. Why? Because they cannot create facts. Science can thought.

You are believing in something that does not exist.

Work more on saving the planet (where you live) and not your soul.

Religion has no facts. Any religion. Judaism. Christianity. Whatever the religion may be.

Why would you believe in something that has no evidence.

How simple minded is this?

evil = devil
good = god

So stupid! Look at the resemblance of the words.

You might as well be cavemen.

Syed Ejaz Ul Haque

IS AMERICAN’S FEEL LIBERTY IN THEIR COUNTRY

After reading this news that Mr. Mel Gibson’s express his thought against Jews immediate his word caught by Jewish Committee

Several people talking several times against ISLAM & Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) that time so called modern technology and educated nations called every one have freedom to say any thing we cannot stop….but why now….even if Mr. Mel told facts “ yes!!! The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world “and now in Lebanon, what he have in his mind he told the truth.
Same lobby that time told that Muslim are conservative mind and extremist. I just asked to JEWS why this time you are showing extremist behaviour.

Yes Mel, you are crazy I can't believe you would even act the way you did. If you were drunk you should still know you have no self-determination to tell any thing against JEW. I confident you get punished.???? Yes Mel….Because you are not a JEW this is a big cost which you have to paid even you live in your own country.

I feel sorry for your children and wife knowing that their father/husband told the only truth but a slave person do not have right to tell any thing against his lord (JEWS).

Jewish person and Jewish communities can’t change the fact from the history that “the execution of Jesus done by the Jews” how CHRIST not tell inflammatory comments about Jews this is natural thought and Jewish should be disgrace every where.

You wrote for a religious man, you should be ashamed but you people are never feel ashamed for a while to inflammatory comments against ISLAM & their Prophets.

LOS ANGELES - Hollywood star Mel Gibson received a third Jewish group's invitation to meet with them following his apology for making anti-Semitic remarks during his suspected drunken driving arrest last week

Now why react as fundamentalist, self-absorbed, narrow minded, Jewish nation on earth. Every on have freedom to tell any thing media and person have right to tell any thing.

By - Syed Ejaz Ul Haque

Mikey

Let's face it -- if someone said similar things about Christians, y'all wouldn't care, now, would you?

Bottom line, he tied on a drunk and said things he regretted. Who among has has not? Cut the guy a break, that's what I say. Worst thing he did that night was drive over the BAC limit.

rodney c.

it,s obvious he was intoxicated when he said the jews started the wars, when we
all know the islamic & muslim extremist have started all squrmishes as of late.

bebe

Hey come on u guys ure making a big fuss out of this. like muslims did when they had those drawings about mohamed a year ago??? so what if the guy was drunk and maybe angry with jews ?? i mean u cant force people to like jews or christians or whomever. i think u should give the guy another chance. everybody makes mistakes do not judge. we're not perfect. and john (#3) u rooock man. i love this jesus was jewish i mean now we're talking sense.
and MEL.. watch ur tongue buddy.. we're looking forward to see new movies of urs.

V.Barton

I can see that a lot of you don't understand what Alcoholism can do to a person. You've heard of the "happy drunk," or the "mean drunk." Fact is, a person can be either, depending on the situation they find themselves in. I was married to an alcoholic at one time, and he could be so funny, and in second's change into a monster who slammed my head into the wall. I'm a Christian, and even though I am, I got drunk with my husband one night, was hit, and said two words that to this day I've not forgiven myself for. I said G--D. Mel Gibson is no different than anyone else, and just because he is famous, I don't believe that should cost him his career. We all make mistakes, and in Mel's case Alcohol was the ruling factor.
And as far as the anti-semitism remarks that he allegedly made, we all are in an uproar about the war between Lebanon, and Israel, and have all kinds of opinions. Some are a lot worse than anything Mel was supposed to have said.

Barbara

Mel Gibson is a mortal man, which means he capable of falling down just like the next person struggling with substance abuse. Maybe this is the crisis needed to push him into treatment. He would benefit from treatment to help come to terms with his addictions, and help him to develop positive coping skills. Only GOD can judge him.

nancy babcocl

WHO CARES WHAT SOMEONE SAYS WHEN THEY ARE DRUNK?
WHY ARE THE "JEWS" SO "SPECIAL?" ANYONE CAN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT DOZENS OF OTHER RELIGIONS AND OR RACES AND NOBODY MAKES A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT. WHY IS THIS SUCH A BIG HOOPDY DOO NEWS MEDIA FRENZY???? WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO WHAT YOUR MOTHER TOLD YOU????? STICKS AND STONES WILL BREAK MY BONES. GET OVER IT!!!!
SO WHAT! I'M SO TIRED OF HEARING IT HOUR AFTER HOUR. TOO MUCH SATURATION JUST MAKES THE PUBLIC SICK AND TIRED. WHEN WILL THE SORRY MEDIA REALIZE THIS?

b schoolcraft

Boom-chica-boom Chica-boom-chica

Nasrudin

How about a Christian riddle? What's the difference between Mel Gibson and Jesus?
Answer (don't peek): Jesus was a nice, Jewish boy who was crucified by certain Gentiles.

d crews

How many, while under the influence, have made comments that if sober, those comments would not have been said. I know I have! And if memory serves me correctly, I was not drinking alone at all those "Social Gatherings" in which others made unbecoming comments as well. I can recall hundreds if not thousands of individuals doing the same. That's not including the millions of individuals that will never cross my path. Please do not misunderstand me. I am in no way condoning Gibson's behavior, but those who at one time or another have said something negative about another, whether sober or not, have no right even commenting on this situation. "Let he without sin, cast the first stone." Instead of making negative comments about Mel and his state of being, you should be praying for him and his affliction with alcohol. I mean, look at all the comments above this one. People are cursing and casting and vowing to never watch his movies. Are you all serious or are you all so full of yourselves?