Mel Gibson Case -- An Outrage

7/29/2006 3:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson is garbage. What an awful person he is. True enough, I'm Jewish, so the grotesque remarks didn't please me none. And resisting arrest -- let me just say, I am privy to incontrovertible evidence that he did indeed try to bolt. It will come out, and it will shock you.

But even worse is that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has become a shill to celebrities. I knew this 11 years ago with Tony Danza, who beat up a photographer and stole his camera. The Sheriffs were ridiculous -- they merely asked him to return the camera, which Danza did after removing the film. That was just fine with the Sheriffs.

Well, it's gotten a lot worse. In the Mel Gibson case, I called the lieutenant who was on duty Friday, who told me that Gibson's arrest was "without incident." And I asked her about the anti-Semitic comments around mid-day. She said, in the phoniest of ways, "Oh, I'm just sure that's not the case." It was such a lying comment -- I just felt it.

Well, turns out that this time I was right on target. The lieutenant who gave me the bogus statement is the same person who told the arresting Deputy to 86 the truth and create a bullshit explanation for what went down.

The Sheriff's Department is so screwed. They thought they could protect their celebrity resident who did not deserve protection. What they didn't know is that we'd get a copy of the report that they tried to censor. And what's worse, there's evidence that I'm not allowed to report that will nail them to the wall.

There needs to be an investigation of the L.A.County Sheriff's Department and STAT. As awful as Mel Gibson is, the Sheriff's Department is worse. This is a corrupt department. They thought they could get away with this and they got nailed. Now they say they will issue a full report to the D.A. -- yeah, right....because they got caught.

What do you think about this story? Call the TMZ comment line and we may post your raves and rants on TMZ! Call toll-free 866-895-8877 now!

Mike

Perhaps Mel meant Zionist rather than Jewish. In that case he might just be correct. A Jew is a person with a particular relationship with G-d. A Zionist is a political person, usually Jewish, but not always which supports the illegal Israeli aquisition of Palestinian lands in the Middle East. In that case, Mel just might be correct.

mike

damn mel got arrested by the cops he was once a cop yea member that ughhh huh i do he was lethal hahahahaha

Lora

The media's history of bias reporting is too often prevalent throughout today's society. As with all things, if one wants to find evidence supporting a questionable belief, most often it can be done. I'm sure there are evidences that support both potential truths. Just because Mel Gibson directed.. etc.. Passion of the Christ, does not mean, as a people, we should find a way to nail him as being anti semitic... it also doesn't mean we should let him go if he is... hopefully the truth will be told and not some rearranged story used to support one person's extremist opinion.

PS. As we all know, Jesus was a Jew.. it really doesn't make sense for him to be a Christian and be anti-semitic.. essentially that would make him anti-Jesus.

Darlene

I think too much is being told to the public.So he got caught DUI,big deal,there's a lot of people getting caught.The only big deal is that so much is being told because he is a celebrity.I suppose everyone is perfect and everyone knows all our mistakes,I don't even think so.I think anything that was said during, before, and after his arrest is totally private and is between him and the arresting officers.Nothing should have been told to the public,because it's no one else's buisness and if it were any of us we wouldn't want everyone knowing our buisness.We ALL make mistakes one way or another.

omg

Whether the police are corrupt (which some are and some are not) or whether Mel Gibson is anti-semite (as some are and some are not) should not be the main issue here. The bottom line is the man was driving under the influence of alcohol, thus, breaking the law. Like any other person who does such, he was correctly arrested and processed. And, please people, those of you who say "who cares if he was driving drunk others do it", just remember one of your loved ones could easily be killed by a drunk driver. Mel was lucky he did not commit that atrocity. Nevertheless, Mel Gibson should be tried and sentenced according to the law. Afterall, we are a nation founded on them.

EVELYN HENDRICKSON

HERE WE GO AGAIN-MAKING UP LIES AND INNUNDOES WHERE THERE ARE NONE. DOESN'T THE REPORTER HAVE ANY OTHER WAY HE COULD GET BACK AT MEL GIBSON BECAUSE MEL SAYS THE JEWS KILLED CHRIST? GIVE ME A BREAK! AND GET OVER IT!

Paul Shapiro

I believe Mel Gibson should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law as would anyone else in this situation. He is not a religious man. He is a pathetic excuse of a man. He preaches hate and antisemitism. Let the world finally see him for what he is.....a low life alcoholic who hates anyone with different views and beliefs then himself. He resisted arrest, was driving under the influence,verbally abused the officers...just to name a few of the charges which should be brought against him. What's a shame is that he may never have had a sober moment in the past. He is a hateful and cruel person who has finally received his due. Let's hope they keep him in jail for as long as possible. Let him really have time to spend with himself and see what an awfull person he is. An apology to the Jewish people is a minimum of what he should do....not that it would change one bit of what i think of him. The Jewish community of Hollywood who have stood behind him in the past after hateful remarks should be ashamed of themselves for associating with such a low life. Mel Gibson........I only hope you are punished to the full extent of the law for your latest stunt!!!!!!

FEDUP

The author of this article can kiss my ass !

Julie Ann Brown

Mr. Levin, Do you need attention ? Did someone cause you great personal pain in your past? You obviously have an innate ability to create energy and attention. Yes, your Mother most likely gave you the gift of "verbal connectability" and your love of storytelling. However, why do so in a negative manner especially in the case of Mr. Gibson? Having a Jewish Australian grandmother I learned to embrace the gift of her storytelling and the value of grand ethics and my heritage from Jewish female power...why haven't you? Your Mother cannot be proud of your using your intellectual and charismatic power in such a negative manner...if indeed you come from such a rich heritage.

Deb

I appears to me that Mr. Levin has a lot against Mel Gibson because of his "Passion Of The Christ" film. I didn't read anywhere that Mel Gibson asked the police to give him a break, did he Mr. Levin??? It was the decision of the police to sugar coat it, but so what. He didnt' kill anybody and they were covering it up, it was the words Mel used. Get over it already, Mr. Levin and get on with your life and if you want to make things better in the world, make your case for things that matter to the world... One thing about Mel Gibson, no one ever said he was an angel, but he is a genius in the film world. It takes a lot of guts to make that film and by the way, Mr. Levin, Jesus was Jewish and the Jews did kill him along with the Romans. I'm jewish and the truth is the truth...

melly

Dear Mr. Levin:

Mel Gibson has already issued a statement apologizing for his horrid behavior. He is a normal person just like everyone else and battles demons and says stupid things when he's drunk.
Your outrage is a bit too much, he didn't personally harm you, in fact you make a living out of stalking people like Mel Gibson.
In fact you should be more outraged at your own behavior of attempting to make news out of the comments posted about Paris Hilton then doing a stupid interview with her giving her more publicity. Please, at least Mel Gibson has talent, he's a director, producer, actor, when all you are is a part of the crazy media that elevates them into the positions that they are.
Get over yourself, Mel Gibson was let go after posting bail, I should hope that if you were arrested the LAPD would try to protect your privacy too. Afterall, we are still entiltled to our privacy, even though you invade celebrities privacy all the time.

masked blogger

News is reported as Who, What, When, Where and Why. It's supposed to be factual, and not full of the writer's own take on whatever subject they seem to be reporting. Mel Gibson was stopped for a DUI, end of story. Apparently, Mr. Levin seems to have his own agenda regarding Mr. Gibson and he's not reporting anything, he's telling story. A story punctuated with his own ideas and thoughts about what happened. I say, who cares what Mr. Levin thinks? I sure don't. Report the news....don't fictionalize it with your own garbage Mr. Levin.

joy division

Well well. Mr Levin back at it. What poor Harvey doesn't understand, but certainly what Mel Gibson does, is that Jews of Mr. Levins kind are what certainly will bring about their expiulsion from america. What? Don't believe it will happen? Think you are too prominent and too much money? Fact is Jews have been thrown out of every country they slithered their way into. Funny how that is? Thats the story of the Jews. They despise goys. They despise white goys most. Their hatred stems from their knowledge of being inferior to whites Thats why they hate Mr. Gibson. They hate him because they can never be like him. Need proof? Mr levin makes his living publishing and selling crap to the sheeple. He produces nothing of value. He leeches off productive people. Very sad Harvey. Being a bottom feeder.

So keep up the good work Harvey. Remember it is your kind who will destroy your own.

Lee

What an enlightenment! It turns out Mel Gibson is actually an arrogant JERK!

I used to enjoy his movies but, after this incident, I will never again pay
to attend one.

I'm very glad his actions were taped.....maybe he won't be able to slink away from
these charges. Just because he's a celebrity and has a lot of money, doesn't
make him exempt from the law. I hope he's squirming, KNOWING the public is
now aware of his true nature and how idiotic his actions were!

I have totally reversed my former opinion of this exposed anti-Semitic SLIME-ball.

Phil

I HAVE SEEN MY LAST MEL GIPSON MOVIE. I NEVER SAW PASSION OF THE CHRIST BECAUSE IT'S ALL BULLSHIT ANYWAY. JESUS WAS A MAN NOT A GOD OR THE SON OF GOD. AND FOR ALL YOU CHRISTIANS, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT IF GOD TRULLY EXISTS THEN HE IS THE GOD OF ALL PEOPLE WHETHER YOU BE CHRISTIAN, JEWISH, MUSLIM, BUDDHIST, HINDU, ETC. ETC. ETC. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF YOU RIGHT WING MORONS PREACHING YOUR JESUS BULLSHIT AND TELLING EVERYONE THAT IF THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR YOUR GOING TO HELL. WELL FOLKS, I FEEL LIKE THIS. I AM A DECENT HUMAN BEING AND IF GOD (IF HE EXISTS) DOES NOT LIKE ME FOR WHO I AM HE CAN KISS MY ASS ALONG WITH ALL YOU RIGHT WING IDIOTS.