Mel's

Moonshadows Madness

8/1/2006 7:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned when an allegedly inebriated Mel Gibson left Malibu's Moonshadows restaurant in the wee hours of Friday morning, he walked past the valet attendant with his head down, hands behind his back and uttered "I'm f****d up."

melgib_3
Gibson, who had not valeted, then crossed the street to his car, pulled out, made a u-turn and proceeded to step on the gas, driving past Moonshadows at a fast speed.

Shortly thereafter, as TMZ first reported, Gibson was arrested for driving 87 mph in a 45-mph zone with a blood-alcohol level of 0.12 (the state limit is 0.08).

The valet says the deputy who pulled Gibson over was actually driving in the opposite direction as the actor, but made a u-turn when Gibson flew by.

In Touch Weekly obtained pictures of Gibson partying with fans at Moonshadows hours before being arrested.

melgib_1-1

Bella

PATHETIC...........Christ was a Jew..........................

Angela M.

Enough is enough, Mel Gibson is not the only racist. The entertainment business is full of racist mongers. What do you see on television is white, black people. We all have our biases. The person who is free from prejudice can throw the first stone.

He is a drunk

HOW MANY POLICE OFFICERS HAVE COME UP AGAINST A DRUNK AND BELIEVED ANYTHING THEY HAVE SAID. THE MAN NEEDS HELP, NOT RIDICULE. SHAME ON HOLLYWOOD. THEY DO THE SAME THING IN SOME OF THEIR MOVIES.

Joy

I am not surprised at the ignorance you two have shown. First of all why don't you proofread your statements before you post them such as "They created troubles in Europe before and now in Arab", please tell me where is Arab? And Benjamin, the reason the world is so "sensitive" is because 6 million Jews were murdered less than a century ago. You are a pair of idiots and the only thing you have proven through these statements is that there are more individuals as stupid as Mel Gibson, but at least he's smart enough to pretend that he's not an anti-semite. Jackasses.

ellen f

Finally I'm seeing some compassion. For the first couple days, all I was seeing were comments similar to what they were accusing Mel himself of. Basically, it was boiling down to, "Stone him, Slay him." My God, what a society is this? At first I judged my lack of anger and judgement on the fact that I am a recovering alcoholic myself, and know that ANYTHING can be said when under the influence. I have said things when under the influence that I have NO opinion of when sober. If the last person I spoke to was carrying about the Yankees, I suddenly had an opinion about the Yankees, althought I could give no history or stats supporting my opinion. That's the way drunkedness goes. If Mel grew up with that kind of slandery and hatred, OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO COME OUT SOMEHOW. My God, give him a break. All you people preaching anti-prejuciceness and love for everybody, SHOULDN't FORGIVENESS BE THE BASIS FOR ALL YOUR PREACHINGS. Don't you know how how stupid you're making yourselves sound when you are comdeming one man for the very same thing you're doing to him??????? I saw one statement asking, "Should we forgive him?" WHO ARE WE TO STAND TRIAL AND JURY?????? Of COURSE we SHOULD FORGIVE HIM!!!! DO WE WANT TO BE FORGIVEN????? LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Vincent

If the Jews can't forgive Mel Gibson for some stupid, drunken rant than who shall forgive the Jews for all their sins? They seem to only care about when they're offended, but what about when they offend others? They stick together and hide together. I've always wondered why there has been this universal hatred of the Jews? Maybe it's time to look deeper? Jews...forgive Mel, forgive yourselves and stop killing innocent people and stop sucking the blood dry out of America for your selfish interests.

greg

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and QUACKS like a duck, it's a duck ....Is Mel Gibson a JEW HATER?

Chris

OMG!!!!!! PEOPLE GET A LIFE HE IS HUMAN HAVING FUN........ DONT ENVY THE POOR GUY FOR HAVING MONEY AND FAME PITTY YOURSELFS FOR NOT GAINING SUCH POWER YOURSELF....SO WHAT HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT A JEWISH MINNNNNNORITY There are 2 MILLION JEWISH PEOPLE IN AMERICA THAT'S THE NUMBER OF KIDS THAT DIE a MONTH DUE TO AIDS IN AFRICA.....it gets annoying GO CURE CANCER OR SOMETHING AND LET THE MAN DRINK AND HAVE A GOOD TIME....THIS IS ALL A SCHEME BY A JEWISH PROPAGANDA TEAM TO FUTHER EXPRESS THE PRESENCE OF A MINORITY GROUP THAT HAS MONOPOLIZED THE AMERICAN MEDIA AND MADE IT THERE OWN DONT BUY INTO THIS GO READ A BOOK OF SOMETHING.........MEL GIBSON A ONE OF THE LAST POWERFUL CHRISTIANS IN HOLLYWOOD DONT RUIN HIM LIKE THEY WANT YOU TO

Bella

BRAVO JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coco puff

I can't believe Mel was that wasted with a blood alcohol level of .12. I'd be willing to bet some kind of drugs had to be involved also. If he is a alcoholic a .12 level is next to nothing. That's like 3 or 4 beers in a hour. The only way to explain his behavior would be the combination of alcohol & drugs.

Andy

Idiotic posters Benjamin and John = the ghosts of Hitler and Eva Braun.

binkiesmom

"Let the man drink and have a good time" - yeah, I'm sure his wife and kids feel that way.

Obviously you've never been humiliated by an alcoholic's behavior. It's not a good feeling. I hope he gets help. His comments were shameful, but at least he admits making them.

Nina

I feel sorry for Mel's addictions. We are all only human and weak and need help overcoming bad habits, thoughts and addictions. I can only hope he gets help with his as I would pray we all get the help we need when we need it.

Rah-Rah

I aggree with post #2 by d. Why didn't someone ask for his keys, or take them away? Call him a cab? He was a total train wreck that DID happen. He's very lucky that he didn't kill anyone or himself.

I'm very happy that he's taken control of the situation by apologizing, asking for forgiveness, and addressing his alcoholism. I think he'll recover from this fiasco, but not anytime soon.

Lulu

j

Benjamin and John are you both that uneducated that you think anti-semetic remarks are ok? how sad for you to have been brought up with such small minded incorrect views, especially given your government--the US is causing a lot more strife in the Middle East then the Israelis. How come you don't mention them? the US has caused more wars than any other country. Blame somoene closer to home, fools.