Behar to Gibson -- Get a Public Circumcision

8/2/2006 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NEW YORK (AP) -- Comedian Joy Behar is suggesting a painful way for Mel Gibson to show he's sorry.

Behar said on "The View" that Gibson "needs to be welcomed into the Jewish community by a public circumcision."

Behar also said that Gibson's apology won't change him. She adds, "People like him have it in them to just hate."

Earlier this week, Barbara Walters had said she'd never see another Gibson movie again, and says that his second apology hasn't changed her mind.

Natalia

I think old hags like Barbara Walters and Joy Behar are overreacting about this. Big deal, he was pissed he got pulled over for speeding and ranted to a cop. Boo hoo, cry me a river, build me a bridge and GET OVER IT!!

Katrina

I LOVE Joy, and she's right on. People who are so upset are just demonnstrating small penis behaviour. It's a JOKE for gawd's sake.

the kid

To think anyone really gives a damn about any opinions coming from these old hens is utter nonsense. Its scarier to think our wives and girlfriends would actually tune in to this crap and watch with any interest. What most, if not all of those hens need is a hard, aggressive porking. But then that visual is freightening!!!

Momma

Again, shut-up Babs. Neither you or Joy is entertaining and I am certain Mel could give a hoot if you ever watch one of his movies again. I am now more determined to see his next movie and every one after that and after that. Oh and by the way, Babs Oscar shows are BORING! and predictable. So.... without much further ado, I'll never watch another BaBa WaWa show again!

Michael Carl O'neil

a little to much

gwen

I bet if Mel Gibson was ever on the View the ladies were probably fighting back stage who was going to sit beside him and ask him their boring questions.
Now any talk show that is grasping for viewing points is going to say something negative about Mel, they read what is upsetting the majority and will agree with the majority just to get points. But this thing with Mel will pass. The day will come when they again will be fighting who sits by Mel. The public is very fickle.
Joy was very immature to make such a statement. Let's all be grown ups. The man made a mistake and has owned up to it. Let him be.
A Mel Gibson fan yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Deanna

I cannot believe Americans are being so unforgiving. Mel Has apologized again and again. And those women of the View, well who cares. I don't watch that show, never have, and don't know anyone that does. As for Barbara Walters, well she has done some reallllly stupid stuff herself. Who hasn't!!! We are all human beings and we are flawed. One should be hoping Mel gets the help he needs with his disease, alcoholism. His family and he should be in everyone's prayers, not being made fun of. And to Behar or what the hell name she has, she's NOT funny making a comment about the circumcision. This whole thing has been blown up out of porportion and those media sluts will do anyone to try to make others look badly. Does anyone know Mel and his lovely wife have been MARRIED 26 years??? how many can say that in hollywood, well, not alot. And all the rumor mongers probably couldn't have a relationship with anyone. So give the man a break. He made a bad error in judgement and said things while drunk, get over it all ready!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOD God!!!! THOSE WITHOUT SIN, CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Mark

Before Mel Gibson goes in for drug treatment He should be be admitted for treatment in a mental institution.

Sherry

People who think being drunk is an excuse for being ignorant are just that. Mel gibson is just like his father. A Nazi sympathizer.

EasyMac

2. Oh please. Mel only said what 75% of the population already thinks anyway! I love Mel more than ever now!!!

Posted at 3:03PM on Aug 2nd 2006 by I Love Mel Gibson

-----------------------

Uh please don't include all of us in your generalizations. How in the hell did you research the entire population to get such a statistic? My empirical research has found you to be an idiot.

Shay

What's interesting is that Hollywood in general is very racist in how they treat all ethinic minority groups. They always have been and that hasn't changed. And Hollywood does not care about the statements Gibson made because as soon as his next hit movie comes out, they'll be fawning over him again. It's a wishy-washy industry and I'm not buying the true concern from Barbara Walters or anyone else. As racist as Hollywood is, I don't see her boycotting anyone else. It's just part of the Hollywood mold so that's pretty absurd to me. Why doesn't she question why Black people don't get roles they deserve or Oscars for respectable roles? Why is Angelina Jolie about to play the role of a Black woman, Marianne Pearl? Were there not enough Black women for the part or something? Because I can name plenty. Why did Halle Berry have to practically prostitute herself out for an Oscar when she had way better roles? Why did Denzel Washington have to play a crooked cop, when he is one of the bes actors around? Why to get an Oscar must Black people play stereotypical roles? Why haven't Latinos or Asians been given great roles and recognition in Hollywood either, the same with Native Americans? It's a very racist cycle, so if racism is going to be addressed, why don't the ladies of the View start at the beginning instead of jumping in at the end. I believe the only reason people had a problem with what Mel Gibson said is because they hated that the did "Passion of the Christ." They all said that he would be shunned in Hollywood for doing the movie and when it became one of the highest grossing movies of all time, they shut up. This, in my opinio is just an extension of that. I don't condone Gibson's behavior in the slightest but if people are going to criticize him, they should criticize everyone else who's been doing it, which they ironically aren't.

TimmyTommy

To Arrr and David:

I think you missed the point of what I was saying. I'm saying that the same logic it takes to say that such and such a person is sub-human is present in both racism and me saying this person "will always be like this." If I am saying x is wrong and then saying that person y will always have x present, it doesn't matter whether x is race or character, it's still the assumption that one individual, by virtue of their being, is beyond hope and therefore does not deserve our respect. I see no difference between me saying that such and such a race is good for nothing because they are _____ and saying such and such an individual is good for nothing because they are _____.

Get it! Got it! Good!

Mark

#34 is a Jew hater to. She probably does not love Jesus becaus he is a JEW..

casey

Joy Behar needs a public bitch slapping. She is a fat ass talentless nobody. Go tell it to your Goomba's no one with half a brain gives a shit what you think, Joy. And by the way your hairdo went out in the 80's fatty!!!!!

casey

Comment # 8-Take an English class and learn to write.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments