Hasselbeck Gets Hot

And a Hug From Babwa

8/2/2006 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Token "View" conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hide her emotions when it comes to the controversy surrounding the morning-after pill.

A heated discussion about the subject erupted on Wednesday's show when Barbara Walters brought up that the controversial morning-after pill was being considered for approval for over-the-counter distribution by the FDA. Hasselbeck became visibly upset while arguing the topic and was scolded by Walters for being overly emotional. The agitated Elisabeth proceeded to tear up her cards as the show went to a commercial break.

When the show returned from the break, Elisabeth was being soothed by a motherly Walters as they sat in each other's laps. Barbara told Elisabeth that she respected her opinions and Elisabeth responded that she respected Barbara' s opinion as well--and that she loved being on the show. They then hugged and kissed.

While the display was slightly disturbing--to say the least--we're just happy this sort of mothering wasn't around when Star was on the show.

Pam Nicholson

Do you really call this an angry outburst? Do you really feel she was out of control? I see youthful, believeable passion. Don't make more out of this than it is .

judy

everyone has an opinion on this matter..the right and wrong is in the hands of the beholder!!! I believe in a womans choice to choose her destiny and if i was raped i would like to have an option...elizabeth's right is her right, but she needs to be a bit more neutral and open minded on the show .......

Think First

Elizabeth is obviously a very spoiled, uptight, naive and shallow person who only believes what her daddy and mommy fed her as the truth. It seems to me the 5th person has always been a problem since the beginning of the show. But Elizabeth has been the worst to me. I hate to hear her talk. Personally, I feel the show has run its course. Now that Meredith and Star are no longer on there, please tell me that ABC does not really think bringing Rosie on the show is going to keep it top notch. Please say it ain't so! Rosie has no class. The show is becoming catty, hence the tantrum yesterday. Even Barbara is showing a different side to herself. It would not surprise me if this is the last season for this show, nor would it upset me.

Barb

I don't think Elisabeth represents the 20 something group of women. She is way too uptight & narrow minded. Is she trying to be Ann Coulter? That would be two too many.

JANE

I think liz just made a ass out of herself. That is the main reason I don't look at the View. When I see anything about it, it is on the web. What I see is enough to make me not ever want to see it.

michele

Elizabeth annoys the hell outta me..get rid of her ...get someone new and refreshing for the tenth season or there will be no 11th....

Cheryl

#13
The morning after pill is not an abortion pill. Please read up on it. Please see #10's comment.
Do you also object to birth control pills? They basically work the same way. Elisabeth is young.As she gets older, and hopefully wiser, we can only hope that she will see that things in the world are very seldom just black and white.

Hatemonger

She's got to go. It's against all liberal free speech codes to have their views be disputed, especially in public. Conservatives are not permitted to voice opinions unless they can afford to buy the show themselves. PBS, all the old broadcast stations, and CNN are the rightful domain of the enlightened mind. Let the libs have the "VIew". It's only fair since we control the government. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

a fan

Im sorry- but if I were raped and became pregnant, I would NOT want to carry that child in my body- furthering my torment by this person who assaulted me. And then having to explain this situation to others would be just too much for most women to endure. Adoption would not be an option- as I would prefer to NOT carry a child for 9 months- enduring whatever changes this pregnancy would cause- for any reason other than a child conceived in love. Rape is a violent crime- and unless you have ever seen the effects first hand- you have NO idea what effect this act can have on you for the rest of your life- nevermind adding a child into the mix. Rape and illness are 2 instances where I think abortion might be the only feasible option- for me at least. You have your beliefs- I have mine and I guess for some- Ill just have to agree to DISAGREE. Just because someones opinions do not match yours does not make one a bad person- God gave us the freedom to choose for a reason.

Ray

Elizabeth is much too rigid, and narrow-minded in expressing her view-points. She needs to thoroughly do her homework before making irrational controversial statements to the viewers'. She needs to examine the other side, and get a total perspective. She never listened to the statements regarding rape, and incest, where does she draw the line?

|Glenda Duke

Elizabeth needs to grow up.The morning after pill is no diferent than any birth control.

VERLYN SMITH

I HAVE WATCHED THE VIEW FOR A VERY LONG TIME....I AM 60 YEARS OLD AND IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS I HAVE GOTTEN SICK TO MY STOMACH AND VERY DISCUSSED JUST WATCHING THE BEHAVIOR OF ALL FOUR OF THE WOMEN ON THE SHOW...THEY SEEN TO BE RUDE, JEALOUS, AND I BELEIVE THE RACE CARD COULD BE A FACTOR. I ALSO WATCH THEIR MANAGER AS
HE SIT WATCHING THEM WITH NO CONTROL..OR..AMAZED FOR WHAT HE
IS HEARING... WHEN STAR JONES (FOR WHAT EVER REASON) LEFT THE SHOW, I PREDICTED SOONER OR LATER THEY WILL SEE WHAT I SEE..
WELL IT HAPPENED...AND BELEIVE ME , IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL THE FAT LA D Y..SING (SMILE).. AMERICA SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WATCH NATIONAL TV..WITH OUR SO CALL TOP CLASS WOMEN ACTING THE WAY THEY HAVE ON THE VIEW. NOW I WATCH TV AT 12 NOON.

Roger Austin

So one person has the courage to stand up for morality and there is suddenly a deluge of nasty insults from people who cannot disagree without getting ugly. Ok, we could probably find a majority willing to offer abortion for rape or incest, but killing the kid is still a terrible way to practice birth control.

Tree

Bless your soul Elizabeth....for standing up for what is right and moral. This is murder....period. Most comments on here prove just what a sick society we are living in. We will all be accountable somday. God bless you.
Thank you Elizabeth...I admire you. You're doing a great job!!!

Missy

i think it should be over the counter because many young women today might be scared to tell their parents if theyhad sex with a bf and an accident did happen , im 22 not 16 and i hada scare not to long ago and was really upset it was truly an accident i was not pregnant but it was really scary to think i had to first go get a prescription . im 22 there was no way i could handle a child right now, i belive it should be over the counter for sure.