This Year's Crop of Idol Hopefuls

8/7/2006 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Auditions for the next "American Idol" in Los Angeles begin bright and early Tuesday morning --- and TMZ was out during registration Monday morning to bring you a glimpse of those who are vying to be the next to wear the "Idol" crown.Idol hopefuls perform

We caught up with a handful of "Idol" wannabes to give you a taste of their talent. Will they make it or break it?

Whatever

I don't like American Idol either Wicked1. It's the same crap year after year.

Elizabeth Kellstrom

American Idol is the greatest program that has come along in a long time.
I think it's wonderful that all these young kids get the chance to show thier stuff.
I know Simon is a jerk at times, but please remember ,we do not see all of the goings on's.Just what the TV producers want us too.
For most of the young people that try out would never, never get this chance anywhere and most of them are beautiful blossoms ready to bloom.
I take my hat off to FOX and the producers. It is so nice to see even the funny ones, other than all the sex,cussing, and violence. Rock on FOX and American Idol. I don't care what anyone says. You are the BOMB

ladykarensea

American Idol is such a cheesy show..and this was the first year I watched it....for one reason only.. Chris Daughtry. I thank GOD he didn't win. Let Taylor Hicks be the "Standard" for all the other "Idols" to come along down the pike...Can you imagine Taylor Hicks is THE American Idol?? unbelievable.

Wicked1

Michelle-Tell me where to sign up!

Flo

Some people seem to spend a lot of time protesting a show they don't watch. Kind of funny don't you think!

JEANNE

''AMERICA IDOL" TIRED OF IT NOW,. LIKE 'REGIS 'NEW TALENT SHOW! 'MY HOME IS 'ALABAMA, & I DIDN'T LIKE 'TAYLOR HICKS'' AM A 'TEXAN NOW, SO I WAS FOR 'CHRIS @@

cheryl winter

American Idol is a big freak show until they get down to the last 10 finalists. My daughter tried out in Orlando 2 years ago and saw so many talented people passed over for the freaks that could draw a good television crowd. She said she would never her put herself through that again. The Country Star talent search is a litle more human. Glad to hear Chris Daughtry got signed. He is so very talented.

Alex

The first two are the only ones who would EVER be chosen for the show.

michelle

i like that song aint no sunshine when hes gone and christina was even pretty close on the music notes hehee...mostly i like the song. if the contestants pick the right songs that people love thats who the people will most likely vote for...that and cara and christina both have the makeover factor going for them and would probably look like idols once made over.

Karen T. Miller

I absolutely love this show. My only disappointment is the first few weeks when every crackpot who can't carry a note gets to bore us to death their non-talent and downright stupidity. I simply cannot understand why FOX drags out this part of the show for so many weeks. After 1 week of this , I stop watching for a few weeks. FOX is very lucky they don't lose viewers during this period of time. However, once the talent really gets rolling is when I become an avid fan of the show. Kudos to Taylor Hicks for winning last year. He was my pick fo win, and YES, just in case you're wondering, I did calling in and vote many, many times

Cara

I love American Idol!! I look forward to watching it every time it come's on . American Idol is one of the best comedy show's ever mixed in with talented people waiting to be discovered. We plan our schedule around this show.

lookingatyoutwo

i MAY NOT BE ON TOP OF THE WOLRD BUTT I STILL HAVE HEART UNLIKE THE BLOGER THAT TALKS TO MUTCH AND CAN"T EVEN SING IN A CAN OR COOK IN A FRYING PAN YOU THINK YOU HAVE SO MUTCH CLOUT YOU COULD NOT LAST A BOUT. BLOG SOME MORE DIRT YOU FOOL YOU DON"T GIVE ME ANY MORE HURT JOE BLOW DIRT.

Laury

What I hate about American Idol is that too many people who are convinced that they have what it takes show up at the auditions when they have no talent whatsoever. Like that girl with the glasses and the pink shirt. Sure, it might make the auditions fun to watch, but it does seem a bit mean to watch them only because we like to see untalented people get humiliated on national TV.