Daughtry's New Digs

8/8/2006 4:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) -- Chris Daughtry has left his small hometown of McLeansville for a bigger town and home.

The 26-year-old "American Idol" rocker, who finished fourth on this year's Fox talent competition, has moved to Oak Ridge, a town of about 4,000, which is north of Greensboro. NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick lives nearby.

Daughtry and his wife paid $690,000 for a four-bedroom,3,782-square-foot home with a swimming pool and putting green on a little more than an acre of land. McLeansville, also in Guilford County, has one barbershop, one grocery store and no gas stations.

"If you look at the houses here, and the type of people here, they're very upscale business people, and they're going to go about their daily life," said Steve Spalding, who works in the summer child care program at Oak Ridge Elementary.

While many observers billed Daughtry as the favorite to win "Idol," the raw-voiced rocker was voted off the show a few weeks before its finale. Southern soul singer Taylor Hicks took the competition's top award -- a $1 million recording contract.

Last month, RCA Records announced that Daughtry had signed to work alongside music mogul Clive Davis, with plans to produce a record album by the end of the year.

kathryn

I hope this guy paid cash, he'll probably have to live in it for the rest of his life....if he can keep up the taxes.

U Know Who

Kathryn - Guess you missed the part where he signed on to WORK ALONGSIDE CLIVE DAVIS?

Not work with, but ALONGSIDE...do you know who Clive Davis is? Not to make his own album but to PRODUCE an album ALONGSIDE Clive....did you GET ANY of that? This guy sounds like he could be the Heir to the throne if you ask me?

Let's just say this Daughtry cat will NEVER be hurting for cash.

Do your homework, stop assuming people are,.... shall we say broke..that IS what you were implying.

Keely

I can't believe he didn't try to do some stuff with Fuel. He could have rocked out with them for atleast a year or so. Instead he's seemingly fallen off the face of the earth.

kathryn

Hey BlackMetal,
Clay Aiken & Ruben Studdard worked with some greats, Rubens living with his MOM is the house he bought for her.

I bet you spent over $100 texting for him to win on AI.

Loser.

WTF?

i bet he bought the house to bribe that ugly woman, i mean his wife......wonder how long they will last if he really does make it big.

he is a hottie, she is nottie.......

Keely

We're all losers here.

Ashley

Kathryn,

You should check out some websites on the internet that help with spelling and grammar.

kathryn

Yeah #4! That chick is dog ugly. He hooked up with her BEFORE AI, I bet he's regretting that! He bought that house to keep that fuggly looking woman at home.

kelley

hey it....you're a real deep person, huh?

kathryn

Hey Ashley,
Did I spell that right....Until they have spell check....F**K off. Are you his ugly wife?

Originalkat

I am happy for them. He loves his wife very much and the kids. She was very supportive of him doing what he wanted. He very much lets everyone know he is married and wears his ring.
He is not ashamed of his family.

U Know Who

Oh Kathryn you clueless humanoid.

First of all living with his mom means nothing, as we all know RS got ripped off by his financial people. And living with mom is pretty common in the south, if your rich or not.

Clay Aiken sold platinum, your point? Think you missed adding Clay to your rant.

Both have new albums on the way out right about ....now. You were saying?

Your album is dropping when?
The 33rd of never?

Can you READ my Sig? BlackMetal ...it's all I hear, I don't watch television if I did it wouldn't be AI. I would NEVER EVER text ANY show for anything, I can hardly text my family back ...let alone Seacrest.

I do know one or two things about the music biz.

One - Clive Davis = $$
Two - Haters like yourself come in 12 packs

Your just mad cause that 100$ coulda paid your rent for the month over at that hourly Hollywood Notell Motel you live in.

BlackMetal

Angel

Ok ... Give his wife another shot ... We don't always look our best when pictures are taken ... She's Not A Model , but she's not dog ugly either ...

kathryn

BlackMetal,
Do you live in the south? I do. If you live at home, and your over 25, it's called being a LOSER. As for rent, I wish it was $100 a month, keeping up with my $269,000 mortgage payment is so much fun. Clay Aiken & Ruben might have albums coming out, but we'll see how much they sell. Clay's previous pre-pubesant fans are now older and have figured out he is gay, I like Ruben, but if he can't keep up with his own money, again, dumb ass.

I know who Clive Owen is, a scary looking old man. Yeah, he's got musical taste. Daughtry would have been better off with Fuel.

Blackmetal...AKA.....Wierdo.

kathryn

Hey #11,
Did you see her on American Idol? She's just as ugly in person!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments