O'Reilly - Olbermann Feud Gets Ethnic

8/8/2006 5:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

oreilly-olbermann-feud-gets-racialThe ongoing clash between cable titans Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly has officially been deemed offensive. After a Nazi gesture was used, the Anti-Defamation League has now decided to join the fight.

In a letter to MSNBC's Olbermann, the ADL states their "deep dismay" with the "use of the Nazi 'Seig Heil' salute." Olbermann used the gesture while holding up a mask of O'Reilly during a recent Television Critics Tour.

Olbermann was quick to explain his actions to TMZ, saying "I did that in the persona of Bill O'Reilly because he's been defending the Nazis at Malmedy for the last year." (The so-called 'Malmedy Massacre' of American POWs by German troops occurred during the famous Battle of the Bulge in World War II.)

The ADL, however, claims any use of the Nazi gesture "Even in jest - only serves to trivialize the Holocaust, and denigrate the memory of the six million Jews and others who died as a result."

Scout

Both Keith Olbermann and Al Franken have more morals than Bill O'Reilly. Bill is a married father of two and he had phone sex with another woman. She accused him of sexual harassment...believe me just like Michael Jackson if Bill wasn't guilty he wouldn't have paid the woman off.

Ryann

OCTOBER 13--Hours after Bill O'Reilly accused her of a multimillion dollar shakedown attempt, a female Fox News producer fired back at the TV star today, filing a lawsuit claiming that he subjected her to repeated instances of sexual harassment and spoke often, and explicitly, to her about phone sex, vibrators, threesomes, masturbation, the loss of his virginity, and sexual fantasies. Below you'll find a copy of Andrea Mackris's complaint, an incredible page-turner that quotes O'Reilly, 55, on all sorts of lewd matters. Based on the extensive quotations cited in the complaint, it appears a safe bet that Mackris, 33, recorded some of O'Reilly's more steamy soliloquies. For example, we direct you to his Caribbean shower fantasies. While we suggest reading the entire document, TSG will point you to interesting sections on a Thailand sex show, Al Franken, and the climax of one August 2004 phone conversation.

Mike

I'm confused about why when I disagree with the lockstep republican line, I get called a communist? Fox has trained you well...
I am so proud of you people!
Here. read something written just for you.

When our own nation is at war with any other, we detest them under the character of cruel, perfidious, unjust and violent: But always esteem ourselves and allies equitable, moderate, and merciful.
If the general of our enemies is successful, it is with difficulty we allow him the figure and character of a man. He is a sorcerer, He has communication with the demons. He is bloody minded, and takes a pleasure in death and destruction. But if the success is on our side, our commander has all the opposite qualities and is of good virtue, as well as of courage and conduct. His treachery we call policy: His cruelty is an evil inseparable from war.
In short, every one of his faults we either endeavor to extenuate, or dignify it with the name of that virtue which approaches it. It is evident the same method of thinking runs through common life.
David Hume 1740

Kara

Bill is a disgrace! How can he tout family values when he wanted sex from another woman?? I just read the report on the Smoking Gun's website and Bill is a closet freak!!!

lisa

do you understand the meaning of CONTEXT? here's how the whole uproar started...

Fox News corrected transcript of O'Reilly's false claim U.S. committed atrocities at Malmédy:

Summary: Keith Olbermann noted that Bill O'Reilly falsely accused -- for the second time -- U.S. troops of committing the massacre at Malmédy, Belgium, during World War II. On Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor two days earlier, O'Reilly had attempted to compare the incident at Malmédy to the alleged killings in Haditha, Iraq. O'Reilly stated: "In Malmédy, as you know, U.S. forces captured SS forces who had their hands in the air and they were unarmed and they shot them down." In fact, 84 American bodies were found at Malmédy murdered by SS troops.

bill o'reilly is an a**hole. anyone who supports his views is a moron

Kara

OMG! Bill has a thing for vibrators. Bill is one sick SOB.

Susan

Bill O'reilly is a Nazi or atleast a wanna be Nazi-I think he just needs more sex then he wouldnt have to victimize all of his female guest (jenna jamison) and employees. Every time I see his show I do the "Hail Hitler" salute-I hope the ADL doesnt come and get it.

Mike

What would Ann Coulter think if she knew about Rush and Bill's sexploits? My goodness gracious! Oh! Cum to think of it? If these family value dudes really have penis's? Does that mean Ann has? A Penis too?

Sam Doe

And yet others seem to be always breaking up -- as we hear from this ex-lover of Tom Cruise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDGcQBBGlGc

Larry 'The Cable Guy'

TMZ says, "Since their heated feud began, O'Reilly has referred to Olbermann - although not by name - as a "notorious smear merchant." Olbermann has named O'Reilly his "Worst Person in the World" at least 15 times."

The "Worst Person in the World" at least 15 times," is incorrect, Olbermann has attacked Bill O'Reilly at least 100 times, and it is all on record,
Far-left Keith Olbermann's 100th attack on Bill O'Reilly, the crap made it official last night, link:

Check also:

Anti-Defamation League condemns Keith "the Nazi" Olbermann, link:

Magua'

Keith...we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

I used to work for Keith and I can tell you that he is a nice guy in person. I'm not quite sure how all this drama got to this point, but if news organizations keep posting comments like the ones I read here then both of them are getting paid even better. Publicity stunts and grudges are an american tradition to lure the public into watching/reading about that particular topic. This is not news, but merely an act to increase ratings. However, Keith never said anything offensive that I can recall in person. Bill, on the other hand, I can't give any opinion due to I have never met him.

Words of the wise.....

Billie

I am a liberal Jew but I am deeply offended by anyone's use of any Nazi comparison or symbolism as a "joke". The Holocaust is not a joking matter to the millions of us who had relatives slaughtered by the Nazi's. And I really wish Olbermann would apologize for his cheap publicity stunt.

Shannon

If OReilly quit tomorrow, that stupid Olbermann guy would have nothing to talk about.

Find a real job that doesn't involve chasing the coat tails of those who really work.

JustinCase

I am proud to say I am one of the "measly" 400,000 viewers of Olbermans show--I don't think the size of the audience has any relationship to the correctness of the views. Seems to me it wasn't that long ago I was one of the 18% who opposed the war in Iraq, but a lot of people came around on that one so I am hoping you all see the light on this one too. O"Rielly is not just a propagandist for the right--he's one sick individual. Feed him a bottle of tequila and he'd make Mel Gibson look like a saint.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments