The Barkers Split

8/8/2006 6:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler splitOn the heels of Nick and Jessica's and Dave and Carmen's split, another MTV reality show couple has called it quits.

According to PEOPLE magazine, blink-182's Travis Barker has filed for divorce from his "Meet the Barkers" co-star and wife, Shanna Moakler.

The couple were married in 2004 and have two children: son Landon, 2, and daughter Alabama, 7 months. Moakler, a former Miss USA, also has a 7-year-old daughter, Atiana, from her previous relationship with Oscar de la Hoya.

Moakler released a statement saying "My only concern right now is for the welfare and best interests of my children."

Monday, TMZ reported that Moakler has been added to the latest cast of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

Click to read the documents

racer

sounds like chix understands skanks to well... LOL!!!

Debbie

I am so sad, I don't care what anyone says about them. Everyone has thier own opinion about people. I loved to watch thier show on Mtv they seemed so in love and cute. They were so much better than Nick & Jessica. They seemd so down to earth, like your next door neighbors? Oh Well maybe I am the only one who takes "Until death do you part seriously" But then again I am a normal person. not a celebrity.

Will

#5 I'll bet the next guy..er victim will have a couple million reasons to keep her around. I'm sure De La Hoya has a nice check in her bank monthly for that kid. I'll bet this puts an end to the MTV couple shows. Nick/Jess, Dave/Carmen, Travis/Shanna. Don't look now, but I think Lauren and Jason from 'The Hills' are in the midst of a break up. Stop the Madness!

Gish

How did she ever find the time to learn to dance? All I ever saw her do on that show was sleep.

D&G

Why is everybody so mean?? Do you all have wonderful loving marriages? Well, then, good for you!!! I envy people who pull our of bad situations, instead of blaming themselves for years of misery. Unless you've been in their shoes, you can't judge. It is sad, but if it wasn't going to work, life is too short to suffer.

Sam Doe

So many others seem to be breaking up -- as we hear from this ex-lover of Tom Cruise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDGcQBBGlGc

Sara Linford

Gosh, this is one couple I was really rootin for.... it makes me so sad. I was so excited when Alabama came and like I tell all new parents.... hang in there till babies are past two cause its all uphill till then... if you can make it thru holding hands... you can make it thru anything... Geez... if your reading Travi... give it another chance.. if your looking Shana.... forgive and let learn.... Ill be praying for you two.

Tara

I completely agree with Chix! MTV and other reality shows portray these people however they want with editing. She was pregnant for some of the 1st season so I am sure that is why she was sleeping in the middle of the day. What pregnant person doesn't? She looks like a great mom to me. I bet Travis cheated while he was on the road with his new band. She has a 7 month old so I am sure she is home a lot more than he is.

Kelly

Am curious too about why he filed. He always looked to adore her. Bit concerned about the kids. The nanny did seem to be handling an awful lot the child rearing.

Anna

Travis and Shanna I am so sorry for your split you two were an unbelievable couple. You guys loved each other so much...what happened?!? This is the saddest split yet...

paris whoooo?

Interesting, now Shanna will have to get out of bed. She will feed her brood on celebrity child support. I would love to know what brought that on. I thought Travis really loved her. He is a bit of a beast though. Betcha she has a pretty boy.

debbie

Is MTV putting a curse on these newlyweds????

Nico

she's a ho. now that she has all these kids-i guess she will have money. This is one lucky ho to come from a beauty contest and get 2 guys with money and fame to give her kids.

Wise One

Unfortunately there's too many ignorant men in the world, which I'm sure is the one who just called Shana a ho, going around and assuming they know what's going on. It's sad, but common that in today's society women have children with more than one father. However, this is someone's marriage, and three children's mother. RESPECT that, because if you're going around calling her a ho, then call your own mother one too. They did seem like they were in love, and maybe they still are, sometimes people cannot make something work no matter how much they love each other.....because love is not enough..
Just like the ignornat ones who have the nerve to disrespect women while the man's actions are never contested, kindly go to school and get an education, maybe even go outside and look at the world, ignorant and stupid neandrathals went out with the 50's

ashley

Um...anyone sensing a pattern with the mtv relationships?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments