Top Stories for 08/08/06

8/8/2006 9:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The knives in the ongoing fight between Tori Spelling and her mom Candy just got a whole lot sharper.

According to reports this morning, Candy is cutting Tori out of two planned television tributes to her late husband, and Tori's dad, Aaron Spelling. And Tori is none too happy about it.

One of the tributes to the legendary TV producer, an ABC special, was to be hosted and executive-produced by Tori but has been killed completely by Candy, says a People magazine source. "All of [Aaron's] stars had signed on and some interviews had already been taped . . . But Candy wouldn't release the clips of his shows because Tori was involved in the project."

Candy's rep confirms that the show won't go on, but says that Candy "didn't feel the timing was right . . . since the Emmys were doing a big tribute to her husband around the same time." Speaking of the Emmys, Tori reportedly lashed out at her mother at a barbecue over the weekend, , calling her a "b**ch," says Lloyd Grove, because Candy is also trying to bar her from the Emmys and the tribute to her dad there.

Tori's rep says the rant was misunderstood, and the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (the Emmy-bestowing body) says a Spelling celebration has yet to be finalized.

Brinkley Gets What She Wants – 'Cause It's Hers

Peter Cook's lawyer has said that his estranged wife Christie Brinkley "can have whatever she wants" should they eventually split up, but sources say that Christie would get the "lioness' share" of the couple's assets anyway.

"Christie brought most of the money into the marriage," confides one source in the New York Daily News. She was, according to the source, the principal investor in the pair's Hamptons properties, and that their prenup entitles Christie to most of their assets.

Separately, the other woman in all of this is no shrinking violet, as e-mails that Diana Bianchi's Southampton High School classmates might release could reveal. The now 19-year-old vixen, according to a source, "had a thing for some of the school's jocks and she made it clear in these e-mails that she didn't want other girls going near them." Bianchi's lawyer says, "We're not going to respond to all her high school friends."

Hef Doing Just Fine After Stroke Report

After a newspaper report that he was in ill health – or that he had in fact suffered a stroke – Playboy founder Hugh Hefner insisted on Monday that he was feeling just fine. "I've never felt better," said the 80-year-old publishing magnate. "We had a lingerie party Saturday night and I went up a little early because Holly [one of Hef's girlfriends] had a cold. I am in very good health."

Hefner hosted his annual "Midsummer Night's Dream" party at the Playboy Mansion Saturday night, welcoming Owen Wilson, Jack Black, Johnny Knoxville, and Jimmy Kimmel, amongst other guests, to his cozy confines, according to a Playboy rep. And the next night, Hef hosted a movie screening.

Dixie Chicks Cancelling Dates Due to Poor Sales

Country-rock trio the Dixie Chicks have ditched several concert dates on their "Accidents & Accusations" tour after slow ticket sales, but have added several others to, as they put it, "accommodate demand."

Kansas City, Houston, Memphis, and Knoxville, Tennessee, are amongst the cities that have been removed from the original schedule. Other cities' dates, like Nashville, LA, and Denver, have been postponed. Some DJs and music-industry insiders are saying that the Chicks' changing musical style has alienated some of its country fans, and that the new album, as one radio station manager in Indiana put it, hasn't "had that big of an impact around here." And yet other radio folk say that the damage from the group's criticism of President Bush and the war in Iraq hasn't yet been fully repaired.

The band counters that their album spent several weeks at the top of the country albums chart and has already gone platinum.

Goodie Bag: Bono and Steve Martin Are Neighbors, Ebert Has Surgery, Baldwin To Play Director on "The Sopranos."

New York magazine has published a controversial and – it says – accurate map of where stars live in New York City, and the map shows how the confines of Manhattan can make for some strange celeb bed- (or, at least, block-) fellows. . . Film critic Roger Ebert, on the mend from cancer surgery, had a minor surgical procedure Sunday to repair a blood vessel that burst near the site of his original surgery for a recurrence of salivary cancer. Ebert will soon begin physical therapy . . . Daniel Baldwin will play the director of the horror-gangster film that Christufuh (Michael Imperioli) so badly wants to get made on "The Sopranos." Baldwin was recently involved in an automobile accident in Los Angeles.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

debbie

I'm not a fan of Tori Spelling, but having just been through a similar situation with my mother following my father's death, it's all too real.

SheShe

My City, Memphis, TN has spoken - NO DIXIE CHICKS wanted here!!!!!!! They surely have a right to their opinions however, enough is enough and truly, nobody really CARES ABOUT THEIR OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marla Wicks

I cannot believe how childish Tori's mother Candy is acting. This is her daughter. I have three adult children - one a daughter - we may get mad at each other but we don't kill each other! Does the mother (Candy) not understand how selfish, childish and foolish this makes her look. I have never in the past thought one way or the other about Tori Spelling - but this is infuriating me. With all of the sorrow and pain going on in the world for Candy to do this to her only daughter, his eldest child, is just another example of the "Hollywood" mentality. Someone needs to remind Candy Spelling that if Aaron hadn't married her - who would she be? Not even just another pretty face for she has certainly not aged well at all!! I would like to commend Tori on how adult like and maturely I think she has handeled this pain. This was her rather - he was Jewish and so am I. I, too, am the oldest and when I had a falling out with my own father it was extremely painful. Family is everything!! Not only does she have to deal with the loss of her father but also the bitting bullshit and petty crap that her mother is dishing out!! Does the mother not know that to the rest of the world she looks incredibly foolish!! Grow up Candy - or your own funeral will be very, very empty!!

Nancy

I feel bad for all involved....Tori and her mom don't seem like the typical MOTHER/DAUGHTER scenario most like to have. I am sure Tori's father would not be proud of either of them at this point. Too bad money has so much influence and power over us.
They will both carry demons over loosing each other in days to come if they don't find a way to overcome this. Perhaps they could use some of the money and go into family counseling...maybe?

Becky C. Long

I feel bad for Tori, that was her father and she has the right to be there. As for the money she should receive her share just as her brother is receiving his share. Mr. Spelling must be rolling over in his grave. How sad! Candy should grow up and love both her children.

PN

I think that it is rude and disrespectful for Candy Spelling to bar her daughter Tori from any tributes to her late father, Aaron. Candy, that is your DAUGHTER!!!! So what if you don't like Tori's sexier, sometimes haughtier image? This is what she wants to do now in her life. Put the past issues, conflicts and insults behind you and move forward. What I read in that features section was a little disturbing and distressing. I find it hard to believe that Candy won't let her flesh and blood of Tori be involved in that tribute.

MOE

It's time for Tori to go out and face the real world and find a real job. She's a star from the past and it doesn't look like there's a comeback anytime soon.

Virginia K.

Tori Schmorie, I am a horse lover and resent you all comparing her to one.

kailey

you know what i think there is more to the story then what ne of us know and i think that both sides are to blame you cant just go out and blame one person so i think everybody that calls either of them hoes or whatever are wrong themselves cause your not in their position so you dont know half of it so thats how i feel

Cindy

I think Tori Spelling is a complete waste of space and has no morals, anyone taking the time to discuss her is wasting their time....including me. Ditto for Hugh Hefner how gross is he and his harem.

shihtzuwicket@aol.com

I've been on hold waiting to be connected to a call. Reading all the news I finally looked at the celebrity section. (Not something I normally read). This subject really touched me.

What a sad thing. My mother died in 2004. I would give anything to have her back. A friend of my families daughter died a month ago. We would have given our own lives to bring that little girl back. Life is too short for both the mother and daughter to be so bitter. I hope they make up and forgive each other. That is what life is all about. Loving other people. When they are gone you can't get them back.

Skip

Tori---you were the one that picked the wrong time to start a fight with your parents. Sometimes things really do have a price. I think your family has already done too much for you, because you never could act and your fake boobs have the worst cleavage I have ever seen

Vanessa

What the hell did Tori do to deserve such a horrible, horrible mother? I can't imagine my mother treating me or my treating my daughter in such a disgusting manner. If it's money that has created this animosity, then I'm happy as hell to be a pauper... I wouldnt trade all the money in the world for the great relationship I have with my mother and my daugter. It sickens me to death about how Tori is being treated by her mother. Spelling must have made enough money to go around...

ashamed

candy spelling is a person who gives motherhood a bad name. how can she be so cruel and ban her daughter or any other family member from any of these tributes to her late husband. candy you should be ashamed of yourself.

kathryn

YOU GO SWEETHING!!! I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE FROM CANADA:)