Who Would Mug Screech?

8/8/2006 2:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dustin DiamondDustin Diamond, aka Screech from the TV show "Saved by the Bell," told a Tampa radio station that a woman tried to mug him in his hotel in Omaha, Neb. on Monday.

Diamond was on the MJ Morning Show on 93.3W FLZ this morning, detailing the incident. According to his account, a woman, armed with mace, busted into his hotel room and apparently was only able get away with some PSP games, which Diamond was able to recover.

He was able, at one point, to pin the woman with the hotel door, prompting her to cry out rape.

Click below to listen to Dustin's account (may take a moment to load).

Jules

Getting shoved into lockers in real life too, lol =)

MR

Hmmm, woman busting a hotel door open, yea right, my 200 lb brother would struggle with that. Doesn't anybody think that he actually tried to rape a woman then came up with this lame ass story to cover it up and shut her up? Mace? in a hotel room, screaming rape? Sounds a hell of a lot more like rape than robbery. Beyond fishy to me.

Mary

Mohamed

Why don't you lay of the "jew" comments. If you can't make a real argument w/o religious slurs, than why make one at all. It shows how ignorant you are. I pity you

Carrie

I don't feel sorry for him... he needs to get a job and stop trying to lay the pity on us hard working people to help donate money to him to save him from loosing his house... such a looser...just because he was sort of a movie star don't mean that he gets extra special treatment...I suggest to him to grow up and get a job...

who cares

Mohammed,

You are the "moron" for making a statement like that...and to claim that it is a "politically correct" statement only makes you sound even more ignorant. People don't use that word because of the negative connotations associated, not because they are being politically correct.

As for you anti-semitic comment, you sir need to realize that one statement can effect an entire group of people, and that statement was offensive to me. Oh, by the way, I'm not Jewish.

edward milliman

hahaha good for the woman...but..she could have tried to rob someone worth while..

Brett

Um... who really cares... i'm tired of celebrities getting the attention everytime they do one thing wrong in their life. If they say something wrong or do something we all do but its more important to get on the news since they're a celebrity. It's getting old. People are dying in other countries and all we care about is how Dustin got mugged? Why is this such an important story and the war is not? Come on America are we this stupid? Get over it. Start worrying about things that actually have meaning in this world.

-Brett

Ashley

Dustin Diamond is only trying to get publicity for himself. Perhaps this incident is true, but he didn't have to tell everyone about it. The embarrassing thing is that the woman stole is PSP games....is that really a huge loss to go on the air and tell people? I think he needs to grow up and get a real job. It's sad that some child stars think that they can depend on acting forever.

ROBIN

Mohamed: Its people like you that make this world an ugly place. I'm a Jew, and I take offense to your comments. If he was some other religion would you have bothered to comment? I don't think so. Your lack of intelligence is astounding, and you give people of your faith a bad name.

Michelle

Seems like everyone here needs to get a life.Who are any of you to judge or make
comments like you have.Name calling,WHATEVER.
I for one will not buy a shirt.Get a job like everyone else does.My husband
got fired in April,I just lost my job.We have a house and kids.Should I
make shirts to sell to make money.He can find work,please he's an actor.
Everyone has bad luck,but to stoop this low to have other people help him.
I do feel sorry,he mentioned on View,this morning his girlfriend lost there baby
due to no insurance.There is help out there for that,when you don't have any.You can't tell me niether one of them have family.

ROBIN

Hats off to Steve's remarks to Mohamed. Mohamed, in your case you mother did raise a fool

keysha

That View's show was previously recorded before this "mugging" incident. You can clearly tell He was lying in that audio tape. Why didn't He call the police?? I don't feel sorry for Him at all. He mentions He is a gamer, and PSP and the games are not expensive, but come on now.. PRIORITIZE. I don't know if He lost His house or not, but He needs to stop lying, or no one will ever Help Him. If you watched Him on The View, He lied saying He can't get a loan because of actor's pay being unreliable, but on His website, He says He has really bad credit. Seems like He's made poor choices, and now wants America to bail Him out. Dustin, get a life, and move on... if you need to downgrade to be able to afford something then do so! You don't have to live in a 450,000 house. Why should a hard working med student like me pay $15.00 for you to stay in that big ass house, when I'm living in a tiny apartment, barely supporting myself through school.. Please... You're stupidity is really starting to show...

Jen

I live in Omaha and this is the first time I heard about this incident. Maybe he is just saying this for publicity??

Dave H

Thank you Muhamed for that very perceptive and witty remark. Sure, all people of the Jewish faith are overly concerned with money - what a nice generalization. Speaking of generalizations, Muhamed, have you blown up any buildings lately?

ROBIN

Faheem Munir, can you please translate what the hell you just said? Thank you