CBS

Takes Couric Online

8/17/2006 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie CouricBeginning September 5, CBS will simulcast the "CBS Evening News with Katie Couric" live on the Internet, the network announced today. The move, a first for network news, will come on the same day Katie Couric makes her CBS debut.

"Technology has become an integral part of everyday life for most people, and it's dramatically changed the way they consume news, so this is a fantastic development," said Couric, who also serves as managing editor of the broadcast. "Now people will have access to great reporting by all the CBS Evening News correspondents, literally, anytime they want."

To access the simulcast, users will have to register so that they view it when the television broadcast is aired in their time zone. The simulcast will be free and ad-supported.

CBS will also feature the blog "Couric & Company," extended interviews, and a web-exclusive rundown on-camera, from Couric herself and taking place in the newsroom, that lets viewers know stories being considered for that evening's telecast. Also featured will be "Katie Couric's Notebook," a one-minute look into a top story or issue by Couric, that will be available as an audio and video podcast and on iTunes.

Whatever

Sick and tired of hearing about Katie Couric. Wish she would just go away and leave us all alone!

Wicked1

Am I the only one who hasn't missed Katie since she has been gone?

kathryn

Katie is so boring.

Whatever

This dried up old hag needs to hang it up already.

Dimples

I like Katie Couric, but I don't think I will switch TV stations to catch the evening news.

Johnny B

If they wanted to appeal to a younger, hipper audience... why would they get this phoney, two-faced liar to anchor the nighly news?? She makes me sick! Maybe she'll have Ms. Rodham Clinton on so we can see her drool all over her again.... YUCK! I think even less of CBS now.

GAjeff

That is exactly what America doesn't need is more KATIE COURIC HOUR! Please just get rid of her for good. Let her host Blues Clues or maybe she can work with Pee Wee Herman on his new show. Something I won't watch EVER!

Alex Rogers

I cant change the channel fast enough

Tonka2

Don't like her - never did. Won't watch that's for sure. She's the reason I stopped watching the Today Show.

Lynne

I liked the Today Show with Katie and Matt. I still like the Today Show. I will try out the CBS news when Katie starts. One thing that both Katie Couric and Matt Lauer understand is that people are multi-faceted. I am interested in hard news analysis and I am interested in lighter stories. They both, in my opinion, know how to balance these areas. They both seem like people I would enjoy talking to. I admire Katie for working with CBS to try out new ways to have people get news that is interesting and more in-depth.