Matt Lauer is Ripped!

8/21/2006 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We all knew Matt Lauer had a passion for fitness ... but holy cow!!! Who knew Matt Lauer was hiding such a muscular physique underneath his suit?

Thursday afternoon, cameras caught the "Today" show hunk spending some quality time with his family on the beach in Southhampton, New York.

Lauer has been co-anchoring NBC's Today show since 1997, giving us plenty of time to get to know the guy. But rarely do we see our favorite news anchors trading in their on-camera garb for beach wear.

Looks like PEOPLE magazine was right when they choose Lauer as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world back in 97.

Anchor or no anchor -- Matt we applaud you for the ripped six pack.

Dawn Daveport

too hot!!!! love the man hair!

Ben

TASTY!!!!!!!!!!

duh...totally !

ripped = good
bald = not good

sorry

Triangleguy

Yeah, extremely hot and just always what I'd imagined. There should be some great archival footage of ML at the Taj Mahal on one of his "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?" expeditions. Nice casual dress allowed for some sneak peaks at the overall package.

Please, sir, may I have some more?

Jan

YUMMY is right! wow!

deborah

Wow! Smart and Sexy.

ems_wench

I love me some Matt.

MF

sweet pecs, yummy abs, but what is that under those shorts connecting down to the flower on his left leg? Oh Matt! You can get me up early any day!

Jack

Oh my!
First we snuck a peak at Anderson Cooper with his shirt off in a tanning booth.
Now we see Matt Lauer sporting his bod at the beach.
Now someone just needs to manage to sneak a picture of Brian Williams shirtless and I could die happy!

Jan Hoffman

Lauer is 11 yaers older than McConaughey and looks MUCH harder! McConaughey looks fat when comapred to super hot Lauer

Zoi

Maybe for Halloween he can be a "surfer dude" and give a full segment of that hard body. Matt you the MAN...

Karen

Like the others have said - dang who knew it could be THAT good beneath that suit. Just goes to prove that age does not equal or mean having a belly. Wake up guys - women want...and expect more these days.

Willow Thomas

Can`t even a news reporter`s life be private?

Wicked

Matt looks great...too bad he had to go and marry that JEALOUS PSYCHO bitch from hell...too bad for his children as well.

Jamie

I enjoy watching you on the "TodayShow",I try to watch it every chance I get,cause you'll tell it like it is and have feeling for people. THANK YOU

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments