Rosie's Angsty Pre-"View" Poetry

8/21/2006 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rosie O'Donnell is clearly conflicted about her upcoming debut as a co-host on "The View" -- and she's letting her feelings spill out for all to read. On her blog, O'Donnell has given her fans and observers a taste of what she's been thinking in advance of joining Barbara, Joy, and Elisabeth at the kaffeeklatsch, almost in real-time and in a stripped-down shorthand (and all-lower-case) verse that might best described as Hai-M.

Last Thursday, she caused a minor stir when she reacted to having seen the new "View" promos, in which she's portrayed as just one of the girls. "It will be hard 4 me/2 not b/the boss," she wrote. But Friday, she did something of an about-face, writing, "I am excited about the view ... hoping they all like me ... cuz there is nothing better/than being a cast member."

And then yesterday, Rosie described an interaction at Saturday's Creative Arts Emmys (pictured above) with a reporter from Access Hollywood, who apparently asked her if she was happy about her former nemesis Star Jones' firing. Rosie wouldn't take the bait, according to her: "It would not have been fun for me/fighting everyday/life is 2 short."

Though her unabashed self-explication is certain to continue to make (little) waves, Rosie herself explains that it's just a way to work things out: "The discord is internal/inside myself. . .feelings are not fights." Rosie's full poetic discourse on "The View," complied into a mini-anthology, follows.

The Pre-"View"

by Rosie O'Donnell

i saw the new view promos
and found myself in the position
i loathe most
powerless

it will be hard 4 me
2 not b
the boss
it is already
and we have only just begun

i am excited about the view
like a new kid on the first day of school
hoping they all like me
that i fit in
cuz there is nothing better
then being a cast member

access hollywood
asked if i was happy
star was gone
b4 i could reply he added
- i would have loved 2 c u 2 go at it
smiling

it would not have been fun for me
fighting everyday
life is 2 short

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31

Whatever

Good Grief! Someone shove french fries and meatloaf down her gullet so she will SHUT THE HELL UP!

Whatever

Rosie is a stupid whale and a big mouthed fool. Please somebody shove pizzas in her gullet and a cork up her ass to quiet both holes!

berta

I think everybody is being just to mean on there comments------- if you don't like her ------ change the channel.

Lucille Powell

Rosie go back home. I find her a disgrace to the human race being straight or gay. As a matter of fact, I am not sure if she knows if she is gay or straight. Yeah, I remember her verbal openly crush on Tom Cruise on the Rosie O'Donnell Show. Come on here let's be real, I am straight I don't fantasize about other women. So what's next, will she admitting to tell us of her fantasy with an animal (dog, chimp, wild cat, etc.) or God forbid with with her adopted children. Oh I so desperately pray and hope not.The Rosie need to get the mental help she so desperately need. Let's take a moment to whisper a silent pray on her behalf.

Let us pray,..............................................................................................................AMEN.

DRS

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe the comments on here. Rosie is so good at being a talk show host, she has really made the View. I hated the view and now I Tivo it everyday. Rosie makes the View not boring. The ratings are way up so I think the only people that hate her are on this comment board. Rosie has a great heart and is always rooting for the underdog. I can honestly say that she is my favorite talk show host on TV. She now lives her life openly and I think a loving gay couple can be just as good as any straight couple. I have a lot of straight couple friends and a lot of gay couple friends and I can honestly say that my gay friends have a much better relationship and they are 100 times more morally based than any of my straight friends. It has changed my mind about gay people.

Allred Tree

BRAVO LUCILLE #680! Let's pray those poor children are removed from the perverts custody by the proper authorities before it is too late! Rosie has already talked about having one of the kid's diaper rash TREATED BY HER DOG licking the kid's privates. She claims a doctor advised this. Just who and where is this doctor and WHY hasn't he been on the show to voice his expert opinion? She is always talking about sabotaging whatever discipline there is in the home by letting the kids "break the rules" behind her "wife's" back; those poor kids are only being taught how to manipulize and play one "mommy" against the other. Those two perverts are raising some of the most potentially screwed up human beings the world has known - as if Rosie isn't enough of one already.

Nicki from Torrance

I have been watching The View since the day it aired. I made my daily schedule around this program. This morning I considered not watching anymore (i'd get more done). And now I've read all these comments . . . In my opinion, yes people's comments are overly hateful (sad really) .. but I agree that The View used to be The View of more than one person. And as open-minded and non-judgemental as I believe I am or that I try to be ... I find myself cringing and feeling tense than truly being entertained. And yeterday when Rosie was so joyful at the fall of the hypocritical preacher .. well that was sad. I wish she would moderate more and dominate less. Please let Rosie get a series of her own as she was wonderful in NipTuck and definitely has a 'celebrity' personality. But I really liked the view of ALL the women. BARBARA ARE YOU LISTENING?

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31