Rosie's Angsty Pre-"View" Poetry

8/21/2006 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rosie O'Donnell is clearly conflicted about her upcoming debut as a co-host on "The View" -- and she's letting her feelings spill out for all to read. On her blog, O'Donnell has given her fans and observers a taste of what she's been thinking in advance of joining Barbara, Joy, and Elisabeth at the kaffeeklatsch, almost in real-time and in a stripped-down shorthand (and all-lower-case) verse that might best described as Hai-M.

Last Thursday, she caused a minor stir when she reacted to having seen the new "View" promos, in which she's portrayed as just one of the girls. "It will be hard 4 me/2 not b/the boss," she wrote. But Friday, she did something of an about-face, writing, "I am excited about the view ... hoping they all like me ... cuz there is nothing better/than being a cast member."

And then yesterday, Rosie described an interaction at Saturday's Creative Arts Emmys (pictured above) with a reporter from Access Hollywood, who apparently asked her if she was happy about her former nemesis Star Jones' firing. Rosie wouldn't take the bait, according to her: "It would not have been fun for me/fighting everyday/life is 2 short."

Though her unabashed self-explication is certain to continue to make (little) waves, Rosie herself explains that it's just a way to work things out: "The discord is internal/inside myself. . .feelings are not fights." Rosie's full poetic discourse on "The View," complied into a mini-anthology, follows.

The Pre-"View"

by Rosie O'Donnell

i saw the new view promos
and found myself in the position
i loathe most
powerless

it will be hard 4 me
2 not b
the boss
it is already
and we have only just begun

i am excited about the view
like a new kid on the first day of school
hoping they all like me
that i fit in
cuz there is nothing better
then being a cast member

access hollywood
asked if i was happy
star was gone
b4 i could reply he added
- i would have loved 2 c u 2 go at it
smiling

it would not have been fun for me
fighting everyday
life is 2 short

Rudolph

I did like to watch the show but with Rosie's big mouth I think I can watch paint dry and still enjoy not hearing her have a nice life. Barbara you did a bad bad thing and you know it!!!!

babstar o'donnell

I LOVE ROSIE!!!
SHES FABULOUS!!!!
SHES COURAGEUOS!!!!
SHES CONTROVERSIAL!!!
SHES FRIENDS WITH MADGE!!!!
SHES GAY!!!!
SHE WILL TALK ABOUT BEING GAY (unlike Ellen)
SHES JUST FAB!!!!!!!!!
BABS U ARE MY ICON LUV YA!!!

Susan

I am delighted that Rosie is joining the View. I think it will help people, like those posting before me, at least have an opportunity to see a lesbian beyond just the lesbian identity. It is such a narrow view of a person. Rosie is out spoken. But she is a passionate person with character strengths and deficits. She is real. I have to agree that she has at times had some very poor judgment and has some control issues...but who doesn't? I think Rosie's participation is just one small step to correcting a big problem in the recent political "correctness" of abusing gay people, stealing their rights and expecting it to be ok. It is not the solution, but it certainly will help! The only way you can so openly discriminate is when you dehumanize someone. This affords an opportunity to see that there is a human being behind each one of the hatred remarks made about gay people.
Can't wait! I don't even watch the View...but will now record it!

Aaron

Rosie being gay has nothing to do with anything. The fact that she is an obnoxious loudmouth has everything to do with everything! The show is almost unbearable to listen too now (I always retreat to another room when it's on....) I can hardly wait until my house is filled with the sounds of loudmouth Rosie and Big Mouth Joy trying to out shriek each other over some inane "Hot Topic"!

Rosemarie

Rosie is quite the preposterious loudmouth. She needs to mind her own business. She's giving lesbians a bad name. We all know who she is and that she is a lesbian. She advertises it like the world owes her a medal for being one. Of all the educated and intelligent lesbians in the entertainment world, for the life of me I cannot figure out why they chose her to be on The View. At least Star Jones is a woman of integrity, she's tries to be private about her personal business. I suspect it's because she would not allow them (the others on the view all into her koolaid, that is why Walters gave her the axe. Don't care for Walters much anymore. She's sneaky and does things underhandedly. Oh yes, that Elizabeth is an idiot for sure. Hope she gets clobbered by the Ugly Rosie. Seems to me Black are sisters to white women till they are in some kind of power, then they become a threat to white women. I work with a lot of white and black women. I'm white and believe you me this is true.

Ginger

What hypocrites many people seem to be. When Rosie had her own show, they couldn't get enough of her. When she left and it was made public she was gay, people supposedly left in throngs. I do not care what her sexual preferences are, Rosie is an excellent entertainer. The rest is none of our business. I think Barbara Walters could not have made a better choice than Rosie O'Donnell ! I, for one, am really looking forward to her sassy self at the table! She speaks what others only think, and I find that refreshing these days.

Aydene Therese Militello

I've been a loyal viewer of the View. Starr added an edge to the lily white false niavete'. She didn't pretend and she said it in common sense terms. She was never a phoney. O'Donnel will drag the show down. She's not even a good comic without being mfoul and efensive of her lesbianism. Who cares if anyone is lez?
Ellen is a wonderful hostess and entertainer and no one cares about her being out.
Right on Rosie,,,,about a year and you'll be gone froim public VIEW.

John Wann

If you haven't figured it out yet...Yes she is GAY!!! And with that perversion comes a warp,wicked and obviously tormented soul.What do you expect???

loretta

Rosie O has no class. This will certainly be more obvious when she takes a seat next to some of the classiest Ladies on TV.
When it talks like a Pig, walks like a Pig & acts like a Pig...even dressed up,
It's still a Pig.

janet baker

As soon as Star was off and Rosie was hired, I stoped washing the "View"...that should be enough said!!!

Rosemarie

that is preposterous. oops!

Aldon333@aol.com

Barbra Walters is a brilliant phony.....Rsie the same!!!!The only real one is Joy

cbrand

No doubt, the addition of Rosie will be the beginning of the end of The View. The show is no longer relevant or entertaining for that matter. I'll be watching Rachael Ray's new show! She's smart, real and refreshing. I'm so sick of Joy and her juvenile humor and Barbara is such a suck up. Elizabeth...well, she's a survivor.

smith

Why Rosie? Why did get Star Jones fired???

What did she do to you? She just wanted to look good
for her own self esteem, maybe she can't stand being
fat all the time. She just wanted to look good.
What is wrong with that? Why you have to be a bytch toward her?

Why people are happy about Rosie for getting Star Jones' fired?
I don't understand.

Star Jones is a good person and she needs a job too.
Why have her fired and have her get no job at all?

Why can't you do the show with Star Jones on the show?

I don't understand that at all... next you're gonna
get Elizabeth fired because she gets all attention
and plus she is thinner and prettier than you are?

MAG

WHY ARE ROSIES SNAPSHOTS ALWAYS WITH HER TRAPP WIDE OPEN.? i HAVE STOPPED WATCHING THE SHOW A LONG TIME AGO.ROSIE DOES NOT BELONG THERE AND BARBARA WALTERS SHOULD TAKE A HIKE I SOO DISLIKE THAT WOMAN. LISTEN BARBARA, YOU ARE DONE, FINISHED, YOU DONT BRING ANYTHING TO HE SHOW. YOU ARE THE REASON I AM NOT WATCHING. THE ONLY CLASSY LADY ON THAT SHOW WAS MEREDITH. ELIZABETH, FIND A JOB SELLING COOKIES.