May the Colbert Be With You

8/23/2006 5:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Stephen ColbertPseudo-pundit Stephen Colbert has been having a field day with the Internet lately.

First Colbert got his legion of Colbertocrats to alter Wikipedia entries after he did so on the air. The offending entries were false and got Colbert's Wikipedia account locked. Then he threw his hat into ring of the naming of a Hungarian bridge via online poll easily overtaking early front runner Chuck Norris. Now he's taking aim at the Star Wars kid.

Standing against a green screen Colbert re-creates the famed swashbuckling light saber stylings of a young boys who's video became an internet phenomena. Colbert has challenged his fans to "re-mix" the footage not unlike the original Star Wars kids footage was "re-mixed" to include laser shots, enemies and other special effects.

The video has been released on YouTube.com for anyone looking to make Colbert the ultimate Sith warrior.

Ben Parker

Or - maybe it's because you can watch Stephen Colbert on tv 4 nights a week so you don't need to go snooping on the internet for clips. . . .

Missy

I adore Stephen Colbert. His show is insanely funny and very smart. Somehow I don't think the TMZ crowd would like him all that much......HA.

Tliden

Now this is a marketing at its best, he gets laughs and massive exposure without spending much. He even includes a green screen!

Maybe his next internet stunt is to challenge people into making a flash game of him. Or a parody of the Numa Numa kid.

Myron

There are a couple of them, one is a hilarious speech about the need for mandatory portion controls in America.

Stacy

Is she on the Colbert Report, too? I don't think I have seen her.

Vi

Wonder why they keep censoring this site? Did Colbert pay to put that video up or something? Do you think Colbert wants the comments to be censored? This is weird behavior for people who are willing to tangle with Mel Gibson -- and with Mel Gibson's law enforcement friends. Such a double standard!

Missy

Vi...they took the first 3 comments down because they were an obvious plug for some other chick. Complete with a link to that site. Whoever posted them made up 3 different names, but I'm sure they were from the same person.

Mary

I love Colbert. He is one of the few things on TV worth watching. Very cool! Good Topic TMZ

anon

Good for him

Sel Sin M4H

The repor(t) is the best 1/2 hour of TV consistantly,,,,,, Hillarious!!! I only wish I could get a Hungarish bridge named after me!

moretocome

I find his satire hilarious. Along with the Daily Show it's the best 45 minutes of TV four nights a week. (apporx. 45 mins. with no commericals 'cause I have TiVo, Yeah)

Cat

Colbert's Truthiness Rocks My Socks Off. At first I didnt think the show held up to The Daily Show standards, but now I find myself laughing out loud during his whole show. Once you really get into his "Character" you cant help but LOVE THE CRAP OUT OF HIM!

Go Stephan Colbert!

Jane

The man is an absolute comical genius!! Factanista, anyone???

kathryn

I WANT TO HAVE THIS MAN'S BABIES!!!

Egregious

Has Mr. Colbert has gone beyond the above, by appearing to have stolen jokes from Blog star ze frank? Early in the afternoon on August 22nd, ze mocked the mathematics Poincaré conjecture

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments