Jesse McCartney's Very Public Oops

8/25/2006 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse McCartney's "Beautiful Soul" must be feeling a lot of guilt today. And who can't sympathize with a guy who publicly sticks his foot in his mouth at the expense of a pop diva.

Jesse was a guest yesterday on the Steve and Vikki Morning show on Star 94 Atlanta. The interview was supposed to focus on promoting his new album, but it somehow took a detour onto the subject of Jennifer Lopez and her exit from the big-screen adaptation of the TV show "Dallas." Jesse is currently dating Katie Cassidy, who stars as Lucy Ewing in the film. So when Jesse told Steve and Vikki (and all of their listeners) that the reason Jen backed out of the role as Sue Ellen was because she was pregnant, everyone believed he had the real scoop. It now appears, however, that the teen crooner had no idea what he was talking about.

Jesse has just issued an apology to TMZ stating, "I have no first hand knowledge whether Jennifer Lopez is pregnant or not. I thought I had read it somewhere. I apologize."

Oops Jesse. Might want to check your facts before you start mouthing off on the air.

stoopit

He's 18 yrs old, so he's an adult not a kid, and needs to learn to be responsible for what he says. It makes no difference if he looks like he's 12, I am sure any publicity for someone who is not that well know outside of the circle of 10-13 yr old girls, can be all that bad.

Sophia

Huh?What did Jesse do?Oh i get it!!Anyways if Jesse wants all this to end he should act a movie nonono maybe he should sing.Wait a minute does Jesse sing?Oh i know he should apologize like kobe did on t.v.Then buy jlo a ring (expensive one duh)I can feel my iq dropping so peace out yall.

Alexis

Actually he's 19,he turned 19 on April 9th!

M

Who's Jesse???

Sophia

Jesse is some guy who i think he sings.Im not really sure.Anyways wat he did wasnt bad.

Janet

I know my opinion means crap, just like the rest of you by the way. But the whole "he's legally an adult so he should act like one" B***S*** rubs me the wrong way. It reminds my of my own sister who thinks she is always right and superior. She is always making judgements without all the facts. Which by the way is precisley what all of you are doing.

In life one must learn from your mistakes. So Jesse made a mistake. BIG DEAL. And all that BS of "at a diva's expense". Oh please!!!! If JLO is really pregnant who cares. Its not like he is saying anything bad about her.

As far as doing something for publicity, I don't buy it. If he wanted some publicity he could make a sex tape, or get stopped for DUI or solicit a hooker or something. Isn't that what everyone is lapping up right now.

I obviously don't know Jesse, but my daughter likes his music and I have seen his show summerland. Cute kid, nice lyrics and a breath of fresh air from all the acts out there trying to out swear and out sex each other.

Get over it, so much more to worry about.

Mike Reiss

Jennifer Lopez is an actress?!?!?!

rawr

I love how everyone makes this huge to-do about him saying that, but immediately he says "I think". But apparently people stopped paying attention at that point (for the most part), causing him to have to then appologize afterwards.

BLANCA GONZALEZ

I AM TIRED OF THE MEDIA ALWAYS SAYING J-LO IS PREGNANT I FEEL BAD FOR THE POOR GIRL IM PRETTY SURE SHE IS HAVING PROBLEMS HAVING BABIES AND THE MEDIA GOES ALL OUT AND IS PROBABLY STRESSING HER MORE

RENA TAYLOR

I just want to loet britney spears know that it does not matter what other's think of you it's how you feel about yourself and I think you look great so tell everybody to f---.off and one more thing you and my son's grirlfriend are due on the same day so happy birthday to both babies. and beleave me we are not going to be on the cover of no magazine. so just love your children and let them all go to hell because you have a good thing going for you and your family,and we are just trying to make ends meet . so good luck and best wishes from my family to your's and tell baby preston hello and that his mommy's fans love him he is so cute........ best of luck RENA TAYLOR

eric

This "guy" makes no effort to NOT look like a girl. Why is that??

Katie

I really don't care if J.Lo is pregnant or not. She has been around the block a few times, if she is, its about time.

the other woman

the kid messed up so what it's not like he said she was a lesbian, or called her a bad name, like other celebrities do when they bad mouth others.....what so bad about her being pregnant, big deal she is married right....if she is or not that's her problem not ours.........

ROSIE

GET THIS KID OUT OF HOLLYWOOD BEFORE HE HURTS HIMSELF!!

Brian Tschaepe

Alright, people. This bullsh*t is being blown way out of proportion.

First of all, don't you just LOVE it how a website who is not a fan of Jesse's will go all out to find the worst and most ackward picture of that celebrity on the internet? Hit up www.jessemccartney.com or just plain google-image-search him to see what he really looks like.

Now, onto the next piece of bull that all of Jesse's fans are 12 and 13 year old girls. I'm an 18 year old guy, man, whatever you want to call me. And I am one of his biggest, if not his biggest fan.

He's 19 yes. Oh, come on.....he needs to learn to be responsible for what he says? Who said this? Did you even read the damn article or listen to the radio station clip. He said he THOUGHT that's why she left. Maybe he even said that because he remembered hearing that rumor, and since the radio station accused J-Lo of being fired, he stuck up for her.

And as for "taking responsibility for his actions," a**hole....he did. He apologized. He said he later found out that it wasn't true. He didn't make excuses, he said he was sorry. That IS taking responsibility, if you ever have.

Actually, Jesse is a fantastic singer, and a superb actor. You would have caught his first album "Beautiful Soul", and his acting on the WB-hit series "Summerland." He has a movie, "Keith," coming out in Spring of '07.

And as for you, Eric. Trust me, he does look like a guy. Great hair, beautiful green eyes, luscious lips, a FANTASTIC body, and one of the best personalities that I have ever seen or heard of.

I feel like I'm writing an essay, so I'll end it like one.

In conclusion, for those of you who have no idea who Jesse is, why not search for him. He really does have an AMAZING voice and is an AMAZING actor.

And for those of you were "dissing" him, making fun of him, or just being your usual jerkish way, ..|..

Nobody messes with Jesse when I'm around!

Signing out,