Jesse McCartney's Very Public Oops

8/25/2006 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse McCartney's "Beautiful Soul" must be feeling a lot of guilt today. And who can't sympathize with a guy who publicly sticks his foot in his mouth at the expense of a pop diva.

Jesse was a guest yesterday on the Steve and Vikki Morning show on Star 94 Atlanta. The interview was supposed to focus on promoting his new album, but it somehow took a detour onto the subject of Jennifer Lopez and her exit from the big-screen adaptation of the TV show "Dallas." Jesse is currently dating Katie Cassidy, who stars as Lucy Ewing in the film. So when Jesse told Steve and Vikki (and all of their listeners) that the reason Jen backed out of the role as Sue Ellen was because she was pregnant, everyone believed he had the real scoop. It now appears, however, that the teen crooner had no idea what he was talking about.

Jesse has just issued an apology to TMZ stating, "I have no first hand knowledge whether Jennifer Lopez is pregnant or not. I thought I had read it somewhere. I apologize."

Oops Jesse. Might want to check your facts before you start mouthing off on the air.

Deegee

Apparently NOTHING else happened that day. It's the only reason that this tepid piece of "scandal" could have gotten any publicity. YAWN!

Seriously....

who is this kid????

courtney

jesse is dumb

Sara Mooney

I think that he shouldn't have said something that he wasn't sure about... but I also think that he was trying to be nice, and help spread really good news. I think that you guys should lay off of the Jesse McCartney disrespect... he's aperson just like anyone else, and I can assure you all that everyone (yes if you admit it to yourself) has done that before. So the next time that you are so quick to jump on unexpecting celebs, think about what you would have done, and don't be so quick to judge other's for their actions, when they are people just like you.
~Le Cour De Le Mer~

Leddenheimer

I think he shouldn't go around talking about things he has no idea about. but also I think that it really shouldn't be a big deal if someone in hollywood is pregnant. WHO CARES? I mean sure wooo thats great you're going to have a baby like most of the other families in the world. It's really no big deal.

Cherish

Im Jesse #1 Fan I Met Him 12 Times
So What He Made A Mistak Everyond Dossss

Tanya

I remember Jesse when he started on AMC. He is still a baby! leave him alone we all make mistakes at times. As for JLO who cares if she's pregnant or not. The one who should get pregnant is her husband Marc, He's the one that needs the lbs.

Tarun Das Bairagya

Link Exchange

Forever P. Diddy!!

J-LO IS PREGNANT BY P'DIDDY!!!

Candice Smithson

I love Jesse he is my # 1 fan i wish he could come and sing to me on my b-day on January 27, 2007.

lourdes

siempre veo tmz cuando pasan por el canal warnes bros ,es muy diertido y algo diferente,sigan asi!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3