Take the Emmy Poll -- The Noms!

8/26/2006 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

58th Prime Time Emmy Awards
Jason Lee, Marcia Cross, Jeremy Piven, Mary-Louise Parker, Matthew Fox

ROSIE

BIG DEAL. EVERY CELEBRITY ALWAYS GETS THEIR FINGERS CROSSED WHEN THEY ANOUNCE NOMINEES FOR ANY AWARD. SO RITARDED.

MCKOOL

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THESE STUPID AWARD SHOWS,THEY'RE EMBARRASING TO WATCH,BUT BATTLESTAR GALACTICA IS A GREAT SHOW.

Reality Check

It's never a good sign when someone spells "retarded" wrong.

On that note, Eva Longoria did deserve a nomination for the episode where their almost-adopted-daughter was taken away.

Whatever

This is all crap. Everything.

Dimples

I am hoping that Grey's Anatomy wins the Emmy for best dramatic show.

Kiley

Hey Reality Check...I could not agree more if you are going to go these and try and bash people why dont you first learn how to spell and then get yourself a life!

Rasta Avatar

The emmys are not about best anything, they're about connections.

Two of the funniest shows ever on t.v.

Reno 911 - all of the actors are brilliant and funnier then just about any other performances on other shows.

Dog Bites Man - Don't know if it was eligible, but truly a masterpiece of in every sense, actors are improvising for most of the show with people who don't know they are fake reporters, they pull off some of the funniest stuff on the tube.

The Shield is one of the best dramas ever, how can the west wing, house or greys anatomy be considered better? Lost is ten times more entertaining then those 3 as well. Or how about Prison Break?

And what is the problem of never nominating animated stuff from Adult Swim? The Venture Brothers is oneof the funniest shows on tv today. Robot Chicken is genius.

stan

I do not like "Lost". I am glad it didn't get anything. I watched the first six or seven epiosdes but Nothing happened evcer on that show. I gave up. What I don't understand is why the show is still popular? That show well never tell you anything. If it does the show is then over! Its a bad show! The Emmy members did the right thing and didn't give it the nomination

Shannan

I have not seen any of the programs in TMZ's Emmy Poll. Yet, could not be more sick of Eva Longoria and Teri Hatcher. Hmmm... I don't know who or what other programs have nominations, but I hope "House", "24" and Grey's Anatomy get something and that ship of fools "The View" get stiffed. They are an embarrassment to womankind.

Scare Bear

blehk, yeah i equally despise the view. That show bothers me to an extreme!! I didn't really watch any of the shows that got nominations this year except for "House". I've loved that show since it was first aired and loooovveee hugh as gregory house!! He does an incredible job and I hope the show gets a little something for thier efforts!

Michael

I agree with Xenu, the Emmys...and especially the Grammys....are all about who has paid who enough money, or pampered enough people to promote one of their shows. Desperate Housewives is full of some terrible acting...just because its heavily marketed, has some attractive women in it, and pushes the envelope a little doesnt mean its actually a good show. Lost is about as interesting as watching CSPAN2
Lets face it, even if you look at ratings....you put some half naked women in a show or have some senseless violence in there....and write some scenes of questionable ethics.......and people will watch. Thats where we are in this culture....and I'm not a holy roller coming from the left....I just think there is nothing truly creative out there....and I'll admit, I'm still ticked off that Arrested Development was pulled....other than sports and Seinfeld reruns...thats the only reason I watched any of the 4 major networks.....Forensic Files on Court TV is now my favorite show....go figure

Michael

I also agree with Shannon....Eva Longoria and Teri Hatcher may be 2 of the most annoying people in show biz.....and Im sorry, neither is unattractive....but I could walk through the local mall and within 30 minutes I could find 10 women who were more attractive than those 2

h8er#1

#5 is funny,

nate

kevin james should win the emmy.

dondilion

Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck are the best shows on TV (I don't get Entourage but would love to see it.). I also love some reality TV...Big Brother, Survivor, Real World and Fresh Meat Challage are my favs. My Name is Earl is hilarious and all the crime investigative shows are pretty good EXCEPT CSI:MIami (all those characters SUCK---except the pretty, long blonde haired girl--and I'm a very hetero woman.) Denis Leary and all the characters on Rescue Me are hilarious and incredible dramitic--like the latest episode where Tommy's (Leary) cop brother (Johnny- who's been in a relationship with Tommy's ex-wife) died by three gunshots to the back. Put in a room with the "perp," Tommy asked him "How much they pay you?" "$8000," says the perp. Tommy pulls every cent out of his pocket, about $68 and asked the guy how much it would buy. Given an opportunity by the cops to beat the SHIT out of the perp--Tommy, who fights to prove himself in lots of previous episodes, passes and leaves without touching the guy. I couldn't belive it...that show always keeps me guessing!!!! A total MUST WATCH!!
PS>>>Tommy's crazy sister (Tatum O'Neil) marries one oF Tommy's fireman brothers at the funeral. And it works--if you've seen the whole season!! HILARIOUS! I toltally FREAKED out when the corpse of Johnny turned and looked at Tommy while he was visiting at Johnny's wake. WHY WATCH NETWORK CRAP, WHEN THE REALLY GOOD TV IS ON CABLE!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments