PETA Wants Gator-aid From Beyoncé

8/29/2006 1:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

PETA is going after Beyoncé Knowles -- again -- after the singer told Arena magazine about her peeps taping a baby alligator's mouth shut during a recent photo shoot.
Beyonce
The shoot went down for Beyoncé's upcoming album, "B'Day." She told the magazine, "There was a shot where I held an alligator. (It) had (its) mouth taped -- that was my bright idea." Beyoncé added, "He was really cute, but since his mouth was taped, he didn't have any way to defend himself. He was upset, so he peed on me. That was an experience."

PETA thinks it was a bad experience -- for the gator. The animal rights organization contacted one of the world's leading biologists, who wrote Knowles a letter saying, "As a specialist in reptile biology and welfare, I'm concerned about your posing with a terrified baby alligator for your new album cover." He added, "Humans and alligators are not natural bedfellows, and the two should not mix at events such as photo shoots. In my view, doing so is arguably abusive to an animal."

Beyoncé has not responded to the letter. This isn't the first time PETA has gone after her. This past June, Beyoncé and her mom were confronted by PETA members at a fancy New York restaurant over the singer's use of fur in her fashion lines.

SOUND OFF: We want to hear from you - LITERALLY! Call TMZ's toll-free number 866-895-8877 and sound off (but not for more than 30 seconds)! Start with your name and tell us where you live.

Jessie``

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT IS THAT UNTALENTED "FREAK" PARRIS HILTON, @ LEAST YOU DON'T SEE BEYONCE ON THE INTERNET HAVING SEX & DOING ALL KINDS OF NASTY FILTY THINGS WITH WHOEVER! WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT SOMEONE NOT HAVING NO TALENT PLEASE DON'T LEAVE OUT JESSICA SIMPSON O.K I DON'T THINK YOU PEOPLE KNOW TALENT WHEN YOU SEE IT! & WHEN YOU DO SEE , YOU DON'T WANT TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE, BUT THE REST OF US KNOW WHY THAT IS.

John

she is ugly inside and out because of how she treats animals.
how can any of you think she is pretty when she had NO compassion whatsoever?

John

uhh, ya.... whatever beyonce. im not gonna buy this cd

John

yes she is using Jay-Z...... DUH

the other woman

quit whinnig it's not like she killed the gator, how about when a human get's attacked by a gator and no one says anything about it...it was justa photo shoot she did not sacrifice the animal..he is still alive and probably laughing at the whinners...we should help the poor and quit worring silly things...i think it's a grat picture...give me a break it's only tape!!!

ANA

I'm so tired of those tree hugging hippies. I think there is better things going on in the world to talk about (katrina victims, crime, education, jobs) then some animal that would chew you alive.

John

..and i used to like her

ANA

I think i will buy a pair of alligator boots tomorrow. Thanks PETA

John

lol, no one likes her!

John

heartless

John

beyonce looks like a slut

John

shoot yourself beyonce

Kelly

Hi readers!
As for the taping of the alligators mouth....it's harmless doesn't anyone watch animal planet? I can understand everyones concern but it does not at all hurt an alligator to have it's mouth taped shut.

I just wish she would have chosen another animal and what the hell is she wearing? It looks like she raided a low class strippers closet...c'mon Beyonce get it together...I use to like you

John

I WONT buy her crap, hopfully she will kill herself soon!

Keona

To all the haters of Beyonce, get a life! Far worse has been done to gators. Its a photo shoot, they are not being tortured. As for the dummy with the welfare and rap comments. You know you the main ones going home at night listening to Lil Kim, Jay-Z, and Beyonce wishing you were them. A lot of performers come from poor backgrounds and made themselves into millionaires not only from their talent but they have to be business people as well. Having money and an entourage doesnt make you dumb but comments like that do.