PETA Wants Gator-aid From Beyoncé

8/29/2006 1:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

PETA is going after Beyoncé Knowles -- again -- after the singer told Arena magazine about her peeps taping a baby alligator's mouth shut during a recent photo shoot.
Beyonce
The shoot went down for Beyoncé's upcoming album, "B'Day." She told the magazine, "There was a shot where I held an alligator. (It) had (its) mouth taped -- that was my bright idea." Beyoncé added, "He was really cute, but since his mouth was taped, he didn't have any way to defend himself. He was upset, so he peed on me. That was an experience."

PETA thinks it was a bad experience -- for the gator. The animal rights organization contacted one of the world's leading biologists, who wrote Knowles a letter saying, "As a specialist in reptile biology and welfare, I'm concerned about your posing with a terrified baby alligator for your new album cover." He added, "Humans and alligators are not natural bedfellows, and the two should not mix at events such as photo shoots. In my view, doing so is arguably abusive to an animal."

Beyoncé has not responded to the letter. This isn't the first time PETA has gone after her. This past June, Beyoncé and her mom were confronted by PETA members at a fancy New York restaurant over the singer's use of fur in her fashion lines.

SOUND OFF: We want to hear from you - LITERALLY! Call TMZ's toll-free number 866-895-8877 and sound off (but not for more than 30 seconds)! Start with your name and tell us where you live.

We, are not amused.

I wonder...does she taste like chicken?

Jaclynn

He could have entered fake information.. for all you know, his name might not even BE chris, tmz can't "ban" people because you don't even have to sign up to comment on an article.

Beyonce's an idiot, but so is PETA. Most of the articles on their site aren't even true. They had some huge article against milk companies saying that a cow MUST be pregnant in order to produce milk which isn't necessarily true.. a cow can produce milk up to 300 days AFTER giving birth. It's just bullsh*t how stupid those people are. I hate vegans.

cj19

Like seriously....can't PETA get a friggin life....no one gives a sh*t about them so they have to go after someone famous....extremely famous....amm...beyonce....to be in the news....come on all of u who r so interested in PETA and want to support the cause go become a member or visit their site daily.....but ur on a friggin entertainment website which is far more interesting than PETAs bullsh*t....this is the second time they are using beyonce's name to get some publicity....no one really cares and everyone will forget about this sh*t jus like they did the last time and move on with their lives....come on PETA give it up....beyonce is getting boring.....find another celebrity who is more interesting or has such an appeal that ppl always have to rattle thier asses off....guess u cant huh....beyonce said this so long ago... since deja vu video was released and now that she is about to perform at the VMA and her album is due out soon they're back in the news talkin sh*t .....wow....just the right time to be in the news huh

Marissa

Dude, he was only joking. What about black people who use the word? I hear it ALL the time from black people. That word is no longer what it used to be. You guys are getting WAYYYYYYY too offended, learn to laugh at yourselves, i mean our society is hilarious. I sure miss the days of Dave Chapelle - where people could laugh at themselves and society without getting all high-strung and ACLU on EVERYTHING. Its such a waste.

Sillyme

Of course the gentle alligators have feelings and peta must protect them from any mental and physical harm and humans?! Not! Grow up and Beyonce.. that is a very stupid pose. Like you are a 'Crock-Chick' superheroine protecting yourself and ruling the world!?

coco puff

Beyonce's mother is white, Chris. I guess that's why she wanted the gators mouth taped shut. Dumb ass comments, are made by jealous, ignorant, morons. Beyonce has busted her ass since a child. She deserves all the fame and fortune, that comes from dedication and hard work. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, I do not believe in censorship. As for PETA, you can protest, demonstrate, and speak out for your cause. When your members break the law, it only sets back your cause.

SICK IGNORANCE

Racer, I'M NOT CLUELESS. IF SHE HAD SAID ANYTHING, SOMETHING WOULD HAVE CAME OUT OF CONTEXT FOR THAT. SHE HAD NOTHING TO SAY. PETA NEEDS TO GO AFTER THESE RESTURANTS AND SLAWDER HOUSES, HUMAN SOCIEITY THAT KILLS DOGS OR CATS THAT ARE NOT ADOPTED IN TIME. I SAW THE VIDEO'S ON ANIMAL ABUSE. THEY ARE VERY SAD. I LOVE ANIMALS. BUT THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD ROLL UP ON ME WHEN I AM HAVING DINNER IN PUBLIC WITH MY FAMILY. I BET MOST OF PETA ARE EATING MEAT IN THE DARK!!

Torshion Bar

After viewing recent interviews with Ms. Knowles, it is apparent that the woman is frighteningly stupid in all respects save one.... the knowledge that shaking your fat half bare a** on camera can make you rich.

coco puff

Why dosen't PETA go to North Korea and protest. I guess it is because they will be next on the menu!

Lolita

I think PETA is such b.s.

If you search penn & teller p.e.t.a. bullsh*t on google.com you'll find the video. the first choice that comes up is good enough.

kathryn

Chris is back!

Lolita

By the way, for those of you who may not be familiar with the show...It's Penn & Teller Bullsh*t basically they call people/companies/etc. out on their bullsh*t. They've done some interesting episodes.

coco puff

Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy, you don't want me to make you my bitch.

New One

Why is it that black people can go on TV calling white people names, and saying power to the black man, and a white person can not say anything. If a white man when on TV saying power to the white man it would be all over headlines. I am not a racist, and don't think it just destroys on both ends.
But you have celebs like Chris Rock that just make it worse and it dose piss off most white people even though most keep there cool and stay quite. But one day this will all come to head if we all don't forget about the past.
Black people are a lot more publicly and vocaily racist (Not all there is alwasy the few dumb asses in all races).

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

yo chris - free speech runs both ways. go cry to your momma if you can't take it. wait a second i forgot, your momma dumped you in the trash when you wuz born. no wonder this place smells bad....