Affleck to Paparazzi: Youse Guys Suck

8/31/2006 5:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comBen Affleck is getting sick of all the media focus put on his personal life and says it's hurting his career. While promoting his new film "Hollywoodland" at the Venice Film Festival, Affleck had a few words targeted at the celebrity-obesssed culture.

"I think more and more people pay attention to actor's private lives ... it makes it difficult to suspend disbelief when you are going to watch their movie because really what you are thinking about is whatever you have read about them in a magazine rather than the performance they are giving and it makes the actors job harder."

Affleck even got a bit poetic at the presser, telling reporters "the movies become incidental pit stops and commercial breaks in the soap opera of their life."

So that must be why "Daredevil" and "Gigli" were so poorly received -- the audience focused too much on Affleck's life with J. Lo and not his brilliant on-screen performances. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lara

I think he is hot, I wonder if him and Garner will divorce?

chris

has-been

Gin

AWW......BOO HOO.....I DON'T HAVE ANY PRIVACY...GET OVER IT...YOU KNEW IT CAME WITH THE TERRITORY WHEN YOU CLAWED AND CLIMBED YOUR WAY INTO THE SPOTLIGHT!! OBVIOUSLY YOU CRAVE ATTENTION OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BECOME AN ACTOR IN THE FIRST PLACE....GET A LIFE!!!

New One

#2 agreed screw celebs I say ride'em like Tommy rode Pam there lifes can't be all perfect so get'em TMZ get'em make them earn those Mills.

stoopit

Ben, I am sorry but I don't care about your personal life, and I still think you're a crappy actor.

mike

You are an actor. That means you act. If I though that was how you were in real life. That would make me a little crazy. So get over it. You are a celebrity and deal with it. If you do not want the attention. Craw into your hole with your family and hide.

sam

Sorry Ben but you can't act you way out of a wet paper sack. Why try to blame the media? It’s difficult to suspend disbelief when you’re watching someone that can’t act.

Whatever

Hey Assfleck your the one who wanted to be a Hollywood star, if you can't handle the heat leave! Idiot!

Whatever

Somebody give him a tissue! Ben can't act his way out of a bag of wet socks. He should be thankful anyone even cares about his no talent flat ass.

Gin

BLAH BLAH BLAH.......CRY ME A RIVER.....YOU MAKE MILLIONS OFF OF US....SO WHY CAN'T PEOPLE MAKE A LITTLE BIT OF MONEY OFF OF YOU??? GO PISS AND MOAN ELSEWHERE!!

Bill

Um...Daredevil and Gigli didn't do good in the box office cuz they both SUCKED ASS! Please, Ben, you haven't made a good film since Good Will Hunting, and that wasn't because of you.

Muffy

I agree with all of you bloggers. Please, if you didn't want the intrusion into your life, DONT BECOME AN ACTOR. Simple. You reap the benefits...quit whinning!

Whatever

If Ben were a good actor people wouldn't be thinking about what they read in a magazine. He needs to get over himself he makes sh*tty movies he needs to learn to deal with it and move on.

brico

It's not the whining that bugs me...Everybody deserves some privacy. And not everyone becomes an actor for fame (I did it because it's a hell of a lot more fun than sitting at a desk, but then again, I don't make millions doing regional theatre). The biggest problem with Ben is: absolutely no acting ability, no talent, and no hope in hell of ever becoming a good actor. Funny how people like DeNiro, Pacino, Hoffman, Newman, Hackman, Redford, etc., disappear into their roles and the audience isn't wondering about their private lives. Oh wait, what about people of Ben's generation, you ask? Cusack, Depp, Daniel Day-Lewis all spring to mind...really, do I need to go on? Ben: take some of your easily earned millions and either get a real acting coach or just get the hell out of the business and make way for someone who can do the job.

Alyn Brodsky

Who said this zero is an actor?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments